2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

2 hours ago, IUDan93 said:

I think IU Football is proof that you can have success with heavy transfer portal turnover. It's not where you get the players, it's what you do with them. This year will likely provide the answer to the single important question: Can CMW win?

Unique situation. Cig brought a bunch of players from JMU. They knew his system and culture. He won’t bring in similar numbers going forward. He recently said you build continuity through HS recruiting and fill needs and depth through the portal. 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Unique situation. Cig brought a bunch of players from JMU. They knew his system and culture. He won’t bring in similar numbers going forward. He recently said you build continuity through HS recruiting and fill needs and depth through the portal. 

Thats exactly how I feel about it as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I have listened to him enough at the this point to believe that he knows exactly what he is doing.  I think his "blueprint" is designed for continuous success. I have never had this much confidence in an IU football coach before and I have been following since the late 50's.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He’s already said he’ll need to do the same thing next year because he brought in a lot of one-year players.

Long story short...it's not even over yet, and I feel for the kid. All these opinions about what he should or shouldn't do. It's just nonsense. It's his and his family's decision. It will have 0 impact on your life. Does it stink? Sure. But I have a feeling this year's results and "offensive schemes" will be different from the past 3 years. There are some people who would ***** if we went undefeated and won it all. Could have been worse...what if we were eliminated instead of Michigan?

UConn is attractive, especially to a 17 year old. Back to back national champs want me? like really bad? Who could possibly turn that opportunity down? Especially if its what HE and HIS FAMILY think is best. They might be right, might be wrong. It's part of making choices and seeing the results. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Long story short...it's not even over yet, and I feel for the kid. All these opinions about what he should or shouldn't do. It's just nonsense. It's his and his family's decision. It will have 0 impact on your life. Does it stink? Sure. But I have a feeling this year's results and "offensive schemes" will be different from the past 3 years. There are some people who would ***** if we went undefeated and won it all. Could have been worse...what if we were eliminated instead of Michigan?

UConn is attractive, especially to a 17 year old. Back to back national champs want me? like really bad? Who could possibly turn that opportunity down? Especially if its what HE and HIS FAMILY think is best. They might be right, might be wrong. It's part of making choices and seeing the results. 

well said..... 

6 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Im sure there isn't anyone that blames this particular kid or any other recruit for choosing UConn over IU.

The differences has been about traditional recruiting of high schoolers vs using the transfer portal.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Im sure there isn't anyone that blames this particular kid or any other recruit for choosing UConn over IU.

The differences has been about traditional recruiting of high schoolers vs using the transfer portal.

I get that... but what do people expect a former NBA coach to utilize the most? The guards we got in the portal for this season are probably better than most freshmen?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I get that... but what do people expect a former NBA coach to utilize the most? The guards we got in the portal for this season are probably better than most freshmen?

First part I agree with. I will choose to hold my tongue beyond that statement for now though.

I hope the guards fill the voids we have needed for so long. How good they turn out be is yet to be determined.

But, for sustainable success, we have to be able to land elite talent within our local communities. It's these relationships that are key. Transfers are great if they fit the puzzle, but snagging our in-state talent helps keep the program connected to its roots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

It is over. Local school, significantly higher NIL $'s. There is Only one reason we lose this. The Coach

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Inequality said:

First part I agree with. I will choose to hold my tongue beyond that statement for now though.

I hope the guards fill the voids we have needed for so long. How good they turn out be is yet to be determined.

But, for sustainable success, we have to be able to land elite talent within our local communities. It's these relationships that are key. Transfers are great if they fit the puzzle, but snagging our in-state talent helps keep the program connected to its roots.

There are more of a guarantee on the transfer guards being good compared to a high school recruit. Rice was the freshman of the year in a power conference and was all first team as well. Carlyle was also on the all freshman team in the same conference. Both of them have 3 years of eligibility and we get them with some experience in the college game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There are more of a guarantee on the transfer guards being good compared to a high school recruit. Rice was the freshman of the year in a power conference and was all first team as well. Carlyle was also on the all freshman team in the same conference. Both of them have 3 years of eligibility and we get them with some experience in the college game.

Thats great if they work out but you still have to have the channel open to high school recruits to sustain any culture and success you may establish.

Who you going to fall back on when they leave? Hope on an unknown portal? Or build relationships and plan for the future with kids in local communities and beyond which is the same way that coach Knight and all the great coaches have done up to now?

33 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Thats great if they work out but you still have to have the channel open to high school recruits to sustain any culture and success you may establish.

Who you going to fall back on when they leave? Hope on an unknown portal? Or build relationships and plan for the future with kids in local communities and beyond which is the same way that coach Knight and all the great coaches have done up to now?

I rather build through high school recruits but there are a lot of top prospects that flop as well.

• Like 1

I know it is hard to be objective because we all love IU basketball. Being a kid growing up in the 70's and 80's we can't fathom why a kid from the state would go anywhere else but IU. We were one of the elite programs with the best coach in the country. How do you think fans of Illinois and OSU felt when RMK went into their state and got players like Buckner, IT, May.

The problem is that we are no longer that elite program but UCONN is that program.