2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The problem with pretending it doesn’t matter is Woody’s own actions and use of resources say otherwise.  He recruited Haralson and Mullins for four years and expended a lot of resources in doing so.  I could write 5000 words on why we need to get high school recruits and I’m sure Scott Dolson sees it that way too.

I am not now, and never will be, in the camp to rah rah my way out of every piece of adversity.  Permissive mindsets don’t serve the program well.

But Mullins to IU is still logical to me.  

Agreed. I am still not buying the UCONN hype. It just doesn't make sense. The home state team, offering much more $$$ and far less concerns about playing time. If UCONN were to be the choice I think it has to be as simple as not trusting Woodson's ability as a competent coach.

This year will certainly tell the tale in that regard. The pieces are there. If this year is another dumpster fire I think it should be clear to everyone he is not the right guy. Regardless of if they were recruited, signed through the portal or simply bought and paid for. There should be no excuse with the roster he has.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

I guess you’d have to say Bates and Reneau fell in his lap, too. Throw in the transfers whom I assume we weren’t recruiting for long either and all of a sudden I’m going to go ahead and say we can rely on that.

I’m just taking CMW at his word. He said they didn’t know Mgbako and he’d seen Tucker at IMG a couple years ago and then “He kind of fell in our laps late.”

43 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m just taking CMW at his word. He said they didn’t know Mgbako and he’d seen Tucker at IMG a couple years ago and then “He kind of fell in our laps late.”

Tucker said the other day that IU recruited him before the G league elite stop running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tucker said the other day that IU recruited him before the G league elite stop running.

Both statements are true though 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt about that. However, in January he had narrowed his choices to Kansas, MSU and G League Ignite as the heavy favorite. IU offered an opportunity to get paid as well as GLI. It all worked out for IU, but it’s difficult to identify a repeatable strategy other than paying more. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Shhhhhhhh...please don't bring up guys like Mgbako and Tucker. Being 5 star guys from out of state they don't count. 

On a side note it seems the Anti-Woodson Club is reinforcing their position early this year.

I’m a big anti Woody guy…I’ll admit it. I want us to win and me be wrong but I’m not a fan for sure. I’m hoping the guys we brought in gel and I’m hoping he has a plan to change the way we play….but I fear as soon as games start rolling and we step up in class he will revert back to bully ball in the paint…and our defense will still be poorly coached…overhelping and uninspired. 

We’ve landed a few recruits and I loved JHS…he was a winner and I’ll give him tons of credit for bringing him in (however I don’t think that story turns out as it did if X doesn’t get hurt..we never would have turned Jalen loose). 

Mgbako and Turner are interesting recruitments. Both committed very late after plans fell through and we were left with cash and roster spot in hand…we really had no relationship with those two and they basically fell in our lap. Also lost our 5 star after his commitment because we didn’t stay on him.

We also choose Gabe over a local kid Smith. I love getting 5 star out of state but when we have stud local talent shouldn’t we win those recruitments too?? Tells me kids, parents, and coaches in the state don’t view our staff highly and that’s a problem no matter how you want to spin it. The guys like TJD, Galloway etc who will stick around and run through walls for your program don’t keep coming the program will end up guys taking the money but they will have no heart for IU.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 5

It would be interesting to know how often recruiting a player for several years pays off versus coming in later with a fresh pitch. It just seems like a lot of high school kids like the shiny new thing instead of the one who has always been there. Kinda like the new girl who catches your eye even though you already have a great girl who has been with you for a while.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cthomas said:

It would be interesting to know how often recruiting a player for several years pays off versus coming in later with a fresh pitch. It just seems like a lot of high school kids like the shiny new thing instead of the one who has always been there. Kinda like the new girl who catches your eye even though you already have a great girl who has been with you for a while.

So how long have you been married to your 20th wife?😂

• Haha 3

On my timeline today from YouTube it was from a month ago from Sleeper Media. The headline was UCONN insider says Mullins will choose IU. I was wondering if this insider or any of their insiders have came out public and change their stance on this recruitment.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On my timeline today from YouTube it was from a month ago from Sleeper Media. The headline was UCONN insider says Mullins will choose IU. I was wondering if this insider or any of their insiders have came out public and change their stance on this recruitment.

I have been told to believe nothing that is posted on a message board. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cthomas said:

A lot depends on the development of the player. Mullins has moved up the rankings and has opportunities that weren’t available before. We’ve all seen the girl who was kind of cute, but a bit awkward in HS, who was smoking hot at the 10 year reunion 

2 minutes ago, BDB said:

I have been told to believe nothing that is posted on a message board. 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

A lot depends on the development of the player. Mullins has moved up the rankings and has opportunities that weren’t available before. We’ve all seen the girl who was kind of cute, but a bit awkward in HS, who was smoking hot at the 10 year reunion 

It’s kind of like me buying a lottery ticket. I don’t ever think I’ll win it’s just the entertainment value of thinking what if I did?

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don't go to reunions, but I get the point. We all probably upgrade when we can.