2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Don't get me wrong I hope we get Mullins but I am more concerned with our front court recruiting for next year. If Rice, Carlyle and Tucker come back along with Cups and Newton our guards and wings would still be good. On the other hand the front court player coming back is Reneau and I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year at IU

The one thing I don’t mind using the portal for is front court players (5s). They usually take a couple years to develop and so getting a guy that just needs polished instead of having to bring one along for 3-4 years isn’t a problem in my eyes. Guards and wings typically need several years in an offense to really learn it and get the most out of them so I like bringing in young and raising them up. Maybe sprinkle a 1 and done and portal stud in as well. 

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Patience. That may be the destination but some people are jumping the gun 

Yeah maybe but we’ll see. Trilly rarely wrong. Understand why Rabby is talking the way he is, he’s a journalist. He can’t “give” it away

Edited by dwtaylor1055

38 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Yeah maybe but we’ll see. Trilly rarely wrong. Understand why Rabby is talking the way he is, he’s a journalist. He can’t “give” it away

I get it but I’ve heard some stuff that makes me think Trilly might’ve jumped the gun. I’m not saying UConn won’t be the final choice but I also know a final decision hasn’t been made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

I get it but I’ve heard some stuff that makes me think Trilly might’ve jumped the gun. I’m not saying UConn won’t be the final choice but I also know a final decision hasn’t been made. 

I remember Cassidy jumped the gun on Harrelson to IU and took down his pick 

Based on a conversation I had tonight, I can’t say that a decision has been made, but I can say I haven’t been given reason for optimism that IU will be the choice.

Unless they’re doing a really good job talking up UConn to hide the fact that it’s going to be IU. LOL. I’m not optimistic.

9 minutes ago, KDB said:

Based on a conversation I had tonight, I can’t say that a decision has been made, but I can say I haven’t been given reason for optimism that IU will be the choice.

Unless they’re doing a really good job talking up UConn to hide the fact that it’s going to be IU. LOL. I’m not optimistic.

I just really can’t stand Hurley and I really hope they start being terrible again 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KDB said:

Obviously you know Josh. Would you be shocked if he’s playing things up? Yes or no works. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

This really has a Haralson vibe to it..in my opinion.

Yeah. Once again we're swatting down and rationalizing away rumors of another school, without hearing any rumors of our own.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Yeah. Once again we're swatting down and rationalizing away rumors of another school, without hearing any rumors of our own.

Yep…people are trying to down play the rumors to act like they know what’s really going on. Laughable…

I have no idea what he’s doing and I am way past being that invested.  But this board is a small sample size of the fan base.   There’s a large tsunami of fans who aren’t going to post here or care about an AAU tourney in Fishers in June but they will notice the final tally when it comes to recruits.

And not all recruitments are equal.   If we don’t get BM, and I sure hope we do, this may get a yawn here but it will not be well received by the larger fan base.  This is not a guy Woody wants to miss.  There will be considerable backlash and it will last for as long as BM plays.  This is DEFCON 1.

We are going to have a good season because of the roster but this will get noticed anyway.  A top 25 kid perceived as a classic IU type — and one who can shoot lights out to boot after IU’s struggles that way — is not a guy the fan base at large will look away from.  Woody is not dumb and is surely aware of that.  Not every recruit is at the same level of importance.  This young man is out of central casting for an IU player and if he leaves despite all the advantages it means in-state for life, it will be seen as damning.  Don’t kid yourself.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5