2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

7 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Key here to me is most good coaches can play multiple styles. This roster sets up for just that. Let’s see if he does. 

Woodson has said he tailored his style to his personnel the first 3 years in the interview I linked in the Woodson Megathread...I'm sure he's thrilled with the flexibility he has this coming year

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Is Rabjohns even a relevant voice at this point? I quit paying attention to him a long time ago.

He’s still one of the best in the game, but with particular recruitment he knows them very very well so i think he’s being extra careful with what he’s saying. 

Believe the interview starts around the 35+ minute mark lol. Didn’t listen to the updates on the rest of the recruits but Travis said that he doesn’t have an idea of where Braylon is going and he believes Braylon doesn’t know at this time either (this was recorded yesterday fwiw). Said that because 247 is hosting the announcement, the national guys on their site probably won’t be posting CB’s beforehand.

He also legit had no idea about the Furphy recruitment but after watching both, Furphy in his opinion wouldn’t impact the decision because Furphy is more of an “end of the bench, 3/4 star” player. 

Edited by Hoosierdave

7 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Believe the interview starts around the 35+ minute mark lol. Didn’t listen to the updates on the rest of the recruits but Travis said that he doesn’t have an idea of where Braylon is going and he believes Braylon doesn’t know at this time either (this was recorded yesterday fwiw). Said that because 247 is hosting the announcement, the national guys on their site probably won’t be posting CB’s beforehand.

He also legit had no idea about the Furphy recruitment but after watching both, Furphy in his opinion wouldn’t impact the decision because Furphy is more of an “end of the bench, 3/4 star” player. 

His opinion of Furphy is a bit outdated based on how both UConn and Illinois view him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

“Sometimes I think people can’t read”😂

I see some aren't impressed by Tyme's posts yet will take the bait on other insider info. Not sure I get why people think "their" take is any less impressive than others. Seems like it's all cloak and dagger stuff regardless of the source. I don't care either way, but some people just won't let the Woody stuff go so it inevitably has to come back to back to that in every recruitment or discussion regardless of the validity or current situation. 

25 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I see some aren't impressed by Tyme's posts yet will take the bait on other insider info. Not sure I get why people think "their" take is any less impressive than others. Seems like it's all cloak and dagger stuff regardless of the source. I don't care either way, but some people just won't let the Woody stuff go so it inevitably has to come back to back to that in every recruitment or discussion regardless of the validity or current situation. 

The science behind why people think they’re right!

Remember almost all science is just theory!

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That confidence is coming from Hurley fyi. The IU staff is very confident though 

I would think both staffs would feel confident. Maybe Travis Braham is correct and the decision hasn’t been made yet. 

I know people on BTB say the Barrel Rick guys is apparently a Mullins and has been accurate with just about everything to a tee, but he said there right after the UConn visit that, “Likes the facilities, too far from home for his liking, not happening.”

Fast forward a couple months and now they are allegedly the team to beat. Not to mention, the other rumor a while back was the kid really enjoyed the UConn visit and there was momentum but our visit changed things. just seems like plenty of conflicting info 

Don't get me wrong I hope we get Mullins but I am more concerned with our front court recruiting for next year. If Rice, Carlyle and Tucker come back along with Cups and Newton our guards and wings would still be good. On the other hand the front court player coming back is Reneau and I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year at IU

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't get me wrong I hope we get Mullins but I am more concerned with our front court recruiting for next year. If Rice, Carlyle and Tucker come back along with Cups and Newton our guards and wings would still be good. On the other hand the front court player coming back is Reneau and I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year at IU

Go to the portal

Find an immortal 

Then we chortle 

4 hours ago, Tom White said:

Is Rabjohns even a relevant voice at this point? I quit paying attention to him a long time ago.

He’s lost and doesn’t have good sources in the staff.  Woody doesn’t respect him.   He doesn’t make sense half the time. He makes up ALOT of stuff based on speculation.  But he doesn’t make clear that he’s spitballing.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

Jus throwing this out for discussion. Do you wish you could be just a casual sports fan over being an avid die hard fan of a team. Sometimes I feel those people probably are happier and more content with everything. We die hard gets so worked up over a recruit or we go crazy after losses. We get upset with coaches and hoping they get fired. 

There are times when I enjoy watching a game where I have no rooting interest in the game over watching my favorite team 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Jus throwing this out for discussion. Do you wish you could be just a casual sports fan over being an avid die hard fan of a team. Sometimes I feel those people probably are happier and more content with everything. We die hard gets so worked up over a recruit or we go crazy after losses. We get upset with coaches and hoping they get fired. 

There are times when I enjoy watching a game where I have no rooting interest in the game over watching my favorite team 

No.  But, also, definitely.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

💯 

You said it earlier.  
Plenty of guards/wings to develop 

Portal a couple bigs and Bob’s your uncle 

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s lost and doesn’t have good sources in the staff.  Woody doesn’t respect him.   He doesn’t make sense half the time. He makes up ALOT of stuff based on speculation.  But he doesn’t make clear that he’s spitballing.  

Exactly. Rabby is only as good as his sources. He has no sources on the current staff. Him writing that hit piece on Woodson last February and drumming up all the controversy surrounding his job status ensures he won't either for the remaining duration of Woodson's tenure here. Same dumb move the hysterics made. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Exactly. Rabby is only as good as his sources. He has no sources on the current staff. Him writing that hit piece on Woodson last February and drumming up all the controversy surrounding his job status ensures he won't either for the remaining duration of Woodson's tenure here. Same dumb move the hysterics made. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

I'm not a Woodson fan. But I'm an honest guy. If he gave me full access to the program, I'd probably have some blind loyalty to him.