Bates 4 star

JHS 5 star

Reneau 5 star

Mgbako 5 star

Cupps 4 star

Tucker 5 star

Sisley 4 star

2 of them were Big 10 freshman of the year

How about the past 2 years from a HS standpoint? He got 2 good ones, sure. But he needs to be getting at least 3 a year.

Do some of you ever get tired of doing the same old song and dance. Also when it comes to Rabs, that dude has been talking out of both sides of his mouth and tripping over himself for the last few weeks. The narrative about Woody is worn out and has been for months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

35 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

While I agree out of all of them only 1 is an Indiana kid. He hasn’t recruit the state well IMO. It appears (whether true or not) he doesn’t show up to stuff. With kids from schools like Montverde they don’t care as much but an Indiana kid has different expectations IMO

Nobody cared where JHS was from when he was raining buckets in Mackey. Or where Oladipo was from when he was throwing down dunks at Ohio State. Recruiting the state only becomes a priority when the fanbase is restless.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Nobody cared where JHS was from when he was raining buckets in Mackey. Or where Oladipo was from when he was throwing down dunks at Ohio State. Recruiting the state only becomes a priority when the fanbase is restless.

But as a fan I care if my coach is not getting a top player from the state of Indiana because he couldn’t simply show up to basketball games. He’s getting paid a crap ton of money and knew EXACTLY what the job entailed 

37 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

While I agree out of all of them only 1 is an Indiana kid. He hasn’t recruit the state well IMO. It appears (whether true or not) he doesn’t show up to stuff. With kids from schools like Montverde they don’t care as much but an Indiana kid has different expectations IMO

The initial statement was about high school recruiting in general, not Indiana high school kids...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But as a fan I care if my coach is not getting a top player from the state of Indiana because he couldn’t simply show up to basketball games. He’s getting paid a crap ton of money and knew EXACTLY what the job entailed 

That’s not it. That’s just the lazy excuse people like using.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That’s not it. That’s just the lazy excuse people like using.

I would typically agree but IMO there is some real merit behind it. Especially if Mullins comment was true, mcneeley decommitting, etc. I mean even Archie got Indiana kids and you’re telling me that Woodson so far only getting one Indiana kid doesn’t have some behind the scenes underlying issue to it?

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I would typically agree but IMO there is some real merit behind it. Especially if Mullins comment was true, mcneeley decommitting, etc. I mean even Archie got Indiana kids and you’re telling me that Woodson so far only getting one Indiana kid doesn’t have some behind the scenes underlying issue to it?

I can tell you that it’s being overblown in the Mullins situation. If it was a problem IU wouldn’t be a legit finalist. As for the overall issue of landing Indiana kids here’s the thing. Who in the 22, 23, or 24 classes would you have wanted IU to really go after. Flory is the only obvious one imo and he wasn’t a true Indiana kid

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I can tell you that it’s being overblown in the Mullins situation. If it was a problem IU wouldn’t be a legit finalist. As for the overall issue of landing Indiana kids here’s the thing. Who in the 22, 23, or 24 classes would you have wanted IU to really go after. Flory is the only obvious one imo and he wasn’t a true Indiana kid

He didn't keep McNeeley signed. Didn't land Fland. Queen. Missed on Haralson. Mullins and Reibe not looking likely.

If they can't land these types of guys, then start targeting guys in the Sisley range.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

He didn't keep McNeeley signed. Didn't land Fland. Queen. Missed on Haralson. Mullins and Reibe not looking likely.

If they can't land these types of guys, then start targeting guys in the Sisley range.

Let the class play out before complaining 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Rabjohns said something about Woodson only going to 1 Greenfield game kind of made him feel unwanted in the beginning. Opened the doors for others.

Lmao so if Woody had shown up to his HS more frequently, Braylons concerns over our offense and Woodys job status would have just suddenly dissolved? 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Lmao so if Woody had shown up to his HS more frequently, Braylons concerns over our offense and Woodys job status would have just suddenly dissolved? 

Right? lol that’s my biggest gripe with rabbys comments 

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Where did you see that shows it is unlikely with Mullins and Reibe. I haven't seen from 1 legitimate person saying they aren't coming to IU. I don't know what kind of sources the guy on the Sleeper Media has but he still thinks Mullins will pick IU.

Also if you look at UCONN's roster for next year you see they will have 8 wings or guards next year and that isn't counting McNeely who could come back. Also they have two big guys who will be in their roster and is said to lead for another big guy so Reibe won't be guaranteed a spot in the rotation 

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I can go through every single coach and list 25 kids each of them missed on a yearly basis. 

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 4

I know nothing, but it seems two 5stars who had parents heavily involved for the RIGHT reasons chose IU, almost out of the blue! On the other hand when a recruit has People involved for their own reasons???? Like an AAU coach getting a job at a school? Cough, cough JH. Me I’ll take the ones IU got!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Where did you see that shows it is unlikely with Mullins and Reibe. I haven't seen from 1 legitimate person saying they aren't coming to IU. I don't know what kind of sources the guy on the Sleeper Media has but he still thinks Mullins will pick IU.

Also if you look at UCONN's roster for next year you see they will have 8 wings or guards next year and that isn't counting McNeely who could come back. Also they have two big guys who will be in their roster and is said to lead for another big guy so Reibe won't be guaranteed a spot in the rotation 

Sleepers media is for entertainment. They do not have sources 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

How about the past 2 years from a HS standpoint? He got 2 good ones, sure. But he needs to be getting at least 3 a year.

We can go back and rehash everything over the past 2 years, but that's treading water to me...

@bluegrassIU is right. Mike Woodson needs to put the best talent he can out on the floor, and we have a really solid team 1-13 by pretty much all accounts...think back before Hatton and James were signed...were any 4 or 5 star kids at any position going to sign with us with our roster? Sure, we could get projects, but I think experienced kids were the way to go.

The one question in some minds is Mike Woodson himself...Personally, I tend to believe people like Jim Jackson (who played for Woody in the pros) or Larry Brown over "experts" like Rabjohns or "hit counters" like Dakich when assessing Woody's coaching acumen...

I think we'll be just fine this year...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Rabjohns said something about Woodson only going to 1 Greenfield game kind of made him feel unwanted in the beginning. Opened the doors for others.

Is Rabjohns even a relevant voice at this point? I quit paying attention to him a long time ago.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We can go back and rehash everything over the past 2 years, but that's treading water to me...

@bluegrassIU is right. Mike Woodson needs to put the best talent he can out on the floor, and we have a really solid team 1-13 by pretty much all accounts...think back before Hatton and James were signed...were any 4 or 5 star kids at any position going to sign with us with our roster? Sure, we could get projects, but I think experienced kids were the way to go.

The one question in some minds is Mike Woodson himself...Personally, I tend to believe people like Jim Jackson (who played for Woody in the pros) or Larry Brown over "experts" like Rabjohns or "hit counters" like Dakich when assessing Woody's coaching acumen...

I think we'll be just fine this year...

Key here to me is most good coaches can play multiple styles. This roster sets up for just that. Let’s see if he does. 

• Like 1