2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

On 10/8/2024 at 9:36 AM, Maedhros said:

Taking the bait here, I know...

Guys do want to play for Indiana. Braylon had offers from Kansas, Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan State, Duke, among many others, including Purdue. He stated his preference for Indiana over all those schools by naming us in his final three. 

Braylon can want to play for several schools. He can only pick one. If he does pick UConn, I'm sure some will use that event to troll this board over Indiana's lack of on-court success. For me, this recruitment has already highlighted how much else we have going for us, that we stood toe to toe with the two-time national champions regardless. Now what happens if we find some on-court success too, with the six transfers from the portal that also wanted to play for Indiana? 👀

The only issue I have with this, and my biggest issue with the whole NIL deal, is that I don’t believe those six transfers “wanted to play at IU”.  They wanted to play for the biggest bag.  I understand it, I just don’t like it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

The only issue I have with this, and my biggest issue with the whole NIL deal, is that I don’t believe those six transfers “wanted to play at IU”.  They wanted to play for the biggest bag.  I understand it, I just don’t like it.

Indiana's NIL budget means we can afford multiple high end guys. But individually, high end talent can get paid just about anywhere. Look at Jalen Haralson picking Notre Dame. Great Osobor and Coleman Hawkins getting $2 million each to play at Washington and Kansas State.

Guys like Oumar Ballo and Myles Rice could have picked anywhere to play if they just wanted to get paid. Not everywhere could have afforded both, but players aren't choosing Indiana for a paycheck only. As an explanation, money might be necessary but it's not sufficient.

• Like 1

The more I think about it if Braylon really wanted to go to UCONN he would have already committed. He knew they were after other wings and guards so if he wanted in he would commit before the other guys did. I hope I am right but that doesn't happen often.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Zanetto(UCONN podcaster) and his insider guest today are saying Braylon Mullins announces his decision next Tuesday.

anything changed from the original decision date of Oct 23?

Ignore that 

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.564c1f3afb0661139e2fdfcdc3452d28.png

For the record, I don't think Colby Glacubeno knows anything here. But I think if I had to make a pick I'd probably go 60/40 UConn too. I think the momentum flipped with his OV to Storrs, and it's been a slow change of heart in the months since.

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

image.thumb.png.564c1f3afb0661139e2fdfcdc3452d28.png

For the record, I don't think Colby Glacubeno knows anything here. But I think if I had to make a pick I'd probably go 60/40 UConn too. I think the momentum flipped with his OV to Storrs, and it's been a slow change of heart in the months since.

Yesterday when I talked to my brother whose former son in law knows the Mullins family. Besides saying UCONN offering $750,000 he also said it was IU but the visit to UCONN was very impressive and might have changed things.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Yesterday when I talked to my brother whose former son in law knows the Mullins family. Besides saying UCONN offering $750,000 he also said it was IU but the visit to UCONN was very impressive and might have changed things.

The visit to IU was after UConn and if you go off that it’s been said IU was his best visit. Also Bray’s on the record saying he doesn’t even remember much of what he did at UConn on the visit. Not saying this guy was wrong but there’s a lot of conflicting info out there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

It was made very clear when UK took Johnson that they didn't like teams recruiting others at the same position. UCONN is loaded.

It's home.

IU supposedly offering double the NIL.

I just can't imagine any way IU is not going to be the choice.

The brain isn't fully developed until sometime around 25 old. So trying to find logic in anything that high school kids do is a foolish thing. I'm embarrassed at who I was at that age.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The brain isn't fully developed until sometime around 25 old. So trying to find logic in anything that high school kids do is a foolish thing. I'm embarrassed at who I was at that age.

Not another one of the “brain” isn’t developed arguments. I know 50 year olds who have less developed matter. That study was debunked anyway. I know…stay on topic Vic. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Not another one of the “brain” isn’t developed arguments. I know 50 year olds who have less developed matter. That study was debunked anyway. I know…stay on topic Vic. 🤣

I respect your opinion on this, but I have four kids and ten grandkids and so far the 25 year old thing seems pretty much on point. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

IMO. Continue to prepare yourselves to be disappointed with HS recruiting as long as Woodson as here. Hes just obviously not good with it.

Bates 4 star

JHS 5 star

Reneau 5 star

Mgbako 5 star

Cupps 4 star

Tucker 5 star

Sisley 4 star

2 of them were Big 10 freshman of the year

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bates 4 star

JHS 5 star

Reneau 5 star

Mgbako 5 star

Cupps 4 star

Tucker 5 star

Sisley 4 star

2 of them were Big 10 freshman of the year

While I agree out of all of them only 1 is an Indiana kid. He hasn’t recruit the state well IMO. It appears (whether true or not) he doesn’t show up to stuff. With kids from schools like Montverde they don’t care as much but an Indiana kid has different expectations IMO

• Like 1