2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You were the one that said we don't get recruits because we aren't an urban area so by that I took it that urban teams has the advantages. I don't call UK, Duke, KU or UNC as urban areas

I could be way off base. But I've heard rumblings about that before. About Bloomington being a podunk town. 

Take it for what it is worth. Talking to my brother and he was talking with his former son and law about Mullins. His son of law is friends with Mullins dad and said UCONN offered $750,000. So if we doubled their offer that would mean 1.5 mil. I have a hard time believing we would offer that much.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Take it for what it is worth. Talking to my brother and he was talking with his former son and law about Mullins. His son of law is friends with Mullins dad and said UCONN offered $750,000. So if we doubled their offer that would mean 1.5 mil. I have a hard time believing we would offer that much.

Shoot I could offer $3M but that would be a player/team incentive contract unlike no other...i.e. you get $100k for each round you advance in tourney and $500k for F4 berth. I know it sounds outlandish but that's where this stuff is headed if not already there.

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I don't think Woodson is the issue. Teri Moren cannot get a 5 star here to save her life. And she's a great coach with a great program. Cignetti is 6-0 and just lost his only 4 star recruit. 

Look at schools like UofL and Maryland and they out recruit us in every sport. IU isn't an Urban environment. It's a turn off to some kids. Put IU in Indianapolis and we'd recruit better in all 24 sports.

And yet all of the urban kids you mention come back to Bloomington every chance they get during season or off season. No offense to you (don't recognize your call sign) but that Bloomington is a podunk town has been debunked since Zeke came from the West side....

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well that’s close to being pretty accurate 

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I see this going one of two ways. A) you get a great player that wants to be a part of something great and bets on them and their team to succeed, or b) you get a player who wants no strings attached to the money and games won. 

we have to really start thinking about a lot of these players as one year rentals. Similar to a playoff push in baseball when a surging team needs a SP to get over the hump, knowing they could be outbid when his contract expires. You’ve just got to go for it and hope the pieces fit together. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reportedly Tucker got over $1.2M

per the UCONN board, it looks like Jacob Furphy to UCONN is a done deal.  Might have some impact on BM choosing them, maybe not.  Lots of competition.  Not sure BM gets more than 20 mins per game with the log jam they have assuming Furphy commits.

Assuming Furphy picks UCONN, this would give them 6 top 50 kids, with two or three of them having shooting as their #1 strength.  They have 2 or 3 SFs as well.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Thanks 3

No info on this, but you would think UConn taking Furphy as well is a factor. Braylon is our clear #1 priority at SG and has been since we offered. It's getting busy in their backcourt next year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That UConn board post didnt really say some deal to me, but the point remains he is very likely and hopefully going to UConn. I don’t know how Mullins could still choose them after that. 

yeah that is fair - select posters that chimed in with some history is was swayed me to believe they feel confident

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That UConn board post didnt really say some deal to me, but the point remains he is very likely and hopefully going to UConn. I don’t know how Mullins could still choose them after that. 

Based on other information that's out their it sounds like it's pretty much a done deal. 

• Like 6