2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

32 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I've been around too long to worry about the decisions of these kids, but I still find it interesting how they approach it.

All visits done. All sales pitches completed. There are no questions left unanswered. You no longer have to worry about someone "buying" a recruit because they all are doing it now with NIL. It's down to who will pay the most? Who will let me play now? Who's getting me to the NBA faster? In other words, not much has changed.

What I'm not sure about is whether kids think about what happens when basketball is over. The idea of returning home after a successful career and living out the vast majority of your life in your home state. Is that still a thing? Does it matter? Is it different for top recruits vs the rest? 

I used to believe kids would take it into account. Spend a season or two at a state school because once that NBA dream ends, and it will end for some much sooner than others, you may want to return home. Is your life better for having represented a home state school? Not sure. If you open your own business, it may help. Does it benefit your family? Possibly. Or is it not even worth consideration these days. 

It’s definitely part of Mike Woodson’s sales pitch that Indiana basketball players are revered, and because of that, they will certainly have advantages in whatever they choose to do after basketball, especially if they want to stay in state.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

It’s definitely part of Mike Woodson’s sales pitch that Indiana basketball players are revered, and because of that, they will certainly have advantages in whatever they choose to do after basketball, especially if they want to stay in state.

Not to derail or lose sight of the thread because it's all about Braylon. With that said I know a guy who is kind of close to the Oden world...the suggestion has always been he wished he would have chose IU and not be steered by Conley Sr to Ohio St.

That NBA world isn't guaranteed. I'm not saying it's a big factor but it's a factor that has to be considered. This State always takes care of their own. Always will...and not just the State but the program. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Controlfade said:

img_6315-jpeg.104020

someone took this image from the Uconn board? Are you a Uconn fan?  I promise we wont be mean to you like we are to our little brother up north(PU) lol. 

Time stamped as the same one I saw on their website a few hours ago lol

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

I'm going to be disappointed if this one heads out. I'll wait for the 23rd though. UConn is peak right now and it's hard to argue why a kid wouldn't choose them. 

With that said it will be a short funeral. High school recruits just don't carry the same juice anymore (with me at least) when each Spring we can find what we need.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That’s IU 247 prem content from Peegs, and it’s been said multiple times NIL would never be an issue for a recruit. People are just taking guesses 

IU has NIL offer almost double what UConn does. So that guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to derail or lose sight of the thread because it's all about Braylon. With that said I know a guy who is kind of close to the Oden world...the suggestion has always been he wished he would have chose IU and not be steered by Conley Sr to Ohio St.

That NBA world isn't guaranteed. I'm not saying it's a big factor but it's a factor that has to be considered. This State always takes care of their own. Always will...and not just the State but the program. 

Excellent point and example 

I will post if I hear anything, but not going to bug anyone for info as this nears the finish line. It's IU vs UConn with an outside chance for UNC.

The strongest advantages for IU here are NIL and proximity to home. From a basketball standpoint, it's advantage UConn and by a good margin for obvious reasons. He will play anywhere. It's going to be a very tough decision. IU certainly has done everything they can. We'll see what happens.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I wish we would've hired Hurley when we hired Miller. Never get the right guy.

Do you realize at the time we hired Miller these were their career records

Hurley 125-97 57%

Miller 139-63 69%

So you are saying if we hired Hurley at this time you would have been thrilled with the hire

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you realize at the time we hired Miller these were their career records

Hurley 125-97 57%

Miller 139-63 69%

So you are saying if we hired Hurley at this time you would have been thrilled with the hire

Not to mention IU and Archie beat UConn and Hurley in the Garden early in their tenures.

Look Hurley’s run over the last two seasons has been nothing short of spectacular, but Hurley’s seat was getting warm heading into year 5 before the switch came on. Went 4 years without a tournament win and was beaten by a lower seeded team in years 3 and 4. Nobody saw this run coming.

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 3

A couple of months ago I thought we would definitely get Mullins but now I don't think we will get him. One thing we can hope for is that with Harrelson most thought he would go to IU until the last couple of days. Maybe with Mullins it will be people saying UCONN but I'm the end he chooses IU.