2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

I will be pleasantly surprised if he picks IU over Uconn but I am not going to hold my breath.

Uconn is the basketball powerhouse that is the most attractive currently & looking forward IMO. Their program is on rails right now and no reason to believe they will be slowing down any time soon.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This is looking even more accurate 

(Coach Woodson trying to out-recruit Coach Hurley)...the extreme competitiveness in me says, "Ok, we doin' this? Let's dance, little man! I'm not lettin' this one get away without a fight!"

Edited by Artesian_86

Hopefully the Mullins get annoyed with Hurley's constant harassment.  I thought in that interview with Braylon that he was done with contact with coaches. Like I said yesterday it is like that annoying salesman that won't leave you alone and let you find what you want

Just now, IU Scott said:

Hopefully the Mullins get annoyed with Hurley's constant harassment.  I thought in that interview with Braylon that he was done with contact with coaches. Like I said yesterday it is like that annoying salesman that won't leave you alone and let you find what you want

There is a reason Hurley wins Championships. He works his butt off. Woodson never has and never will, have that type of work ethic. It's just not who he is.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Can’t blame em. IU system for shooters is a joke. All UConn has to do and shows the statistics of IU being 250 plus in attempts every year 

The current system is different and Mullins knows it. You'll see it in a few weeks

• Like 4

Just now, DC2345 said:

The current system is different and Mullins knows it. You'll see it in a few weeks

Mullins could always pull a Liam worst case.  He picks IU October 2024, If the new offense isn't what CMW is selling then he decommits early spring 2025, no way UCONN would turn Mullins down at that point lol

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

....maybe Hurley has the impression it's not going to be UCONN and wants one more shot. 

One good thing about the current climate in CBB is that losing out on a high school recruit is no longer the end of the world because we can use the portal in the spring if needed. 

I have no inside knowledge, but based on our recent history with shooting guards, I'm not holding my breath either. 

Having tape of SG's thriving in your system is one thing. Making promises that a SG will thrive in your system based on theoretical circumstances is another. I don't care how much NIL can be offered, home close we are to home, etc. 

Let's get Carlyle to thrive this season and hopefully that will be the 'crack in the dam' for creating an attractive destination for future SGs. We simply need to beef up our resume in that area. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Mullins could always pull a Liam worst case.  He picks IU October 2024, If the new offense isn't what CMW is selling then he decommits early spring 2025, no way UCONN would turn Mullins down at that point lol

Nothing about that scenario is realistic. The offense is going to be much different. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

There is a reason Hurley wins Championships. He works his butt off. Woodson never has and never will, have that type of work ethic. It's just not who he is.

This is such a lazy take based on perception and opinion. And it is just not factual that Woodson doesn't work.

This and the Miller Kopp quote are kinda worn out at this point.  

• Like 7

Hurley is a blowhard who's going around selling that they're going to win another championship this year. The problem is he doesn't have the roster he's had the last 2 years. From last year to this year he lost 54.5 ppg. He also lost 4 starters that combined for 708 of their 989 made field goals and 197 of their 299 made threes. Thats a lot of roster turnover. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

This is such a lazy take based on perception and opinion. And it is just not factual that Woodson doesn't work.

same 💩💩 from the same people. This board becomes an echo chamber.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Woodson and the coaching staff has worked their ass off this off season. If he doesn't pick IU it isn't because of lack of effort. Some of you guys hatred for Woodson clouds your common sense.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I'm not saying the guy is lazy and doesn't care. But he's not the hustler that Hurley is.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Woodson and the coaching staff has worked their ass off this off season. If he doesn't pick IU it isn't because of lack of effort. Some of you guys hatred for Woodson clouds your common sense.

I know they have. And I'm admittedly not a Woodson fan. I think we can and eventually will do much better than him. I still hope we win the National Championship this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Most of our takes are based on opinion.

Obviously Woodson works but I (and likely most of us) wouldn't know how much "work/effort" he puts in compared to other head coaches.  I think the other poster saying he doesn't work was more of a lazy, inaccurate way of saying he doesn't put in as much work as other coaches, which may or may not be true.

Woodson failed at constructing a balanced roster last year that could compete.  I think it could also be argued that he has overused an outdated post centric system that isn't good enough.  Obviously he appears to have addressed both issues going into this year but will have to wait and see if that is the case when they start playing games.

Edited by HurryinHoosiers
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Hurley is a blowhard who's going around selling that they're going to win another championship this year. The problem is he doesn't have the roster he's had the last 2 years. From last year to this year he lost 54.5 ppg. He also lost 4 starters that combined for 708 of their 989 made field goals and 197 of their 299 made threes. Thats a lot of roster turnover. 

IU is relying on 6 newcomers to cover significant minutes this year, including most likely 3/5ths of the starting lineup. IU's coach has not won big at any level, while Hurley is a two-time national championship coach who just turned down an opportunity to coach the greatest brand in basketball (the Lakers). UConn runs a proven, dynamic, modern offensive system, while IU can only make promises based on practice film that it's going to update the offense (after Woodson came in allegedly intending to run a modern, 4-out, dribble-drive offense, only to play a two low-post, 90s style offense for his first 3 years).

Honestly, aside from NIL and location, this should be the easiest decision in the world. Even factoring in NIL and location, if I'm Mullins I think I'd have to pick UConn, rather than entrust my fate to a coach who has no proven track record of getting a player with my skillset to the league. 

Edit: It's actually kind of amazing that IU is still in this one at all, so that's a credit to the staff.

Edited by IUProfessor
  • Like 3