2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Why aren’t they going full staff?

Couldn’t tell you but it is harder to go full staff once practices have started because there are things that need to be done on campus throughout the day too.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I would really hate being a college coach in today's college landscape. These coaches having to go and see a player every week or so is just ridiculous. Not just pointing out Mullins but for every recruit out there. It isn't that bad for IU to jump in a car a drive an hour and a half to get to Greenfield or a 25 minute flight up to Mt Comfort Airport. Fir UCONN and UNC to have to fly into Greenfield to see Mullins three times in a month period is ridiculous.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would really hate being a college coach in today's college landscape. These coaches having to go and see a player every week or so is just ridiculous. Not just pointing out Mullins but for every recruit out there. It isn't that bad for IU to jump in a car a drive an hour and a half to get to Greenfield or a 25 minute flight up to Mt Comfort Airport. Fir UCONN and UNC to have to fly into Greenfield to see Mullins three times in a month period is ridiculous.

Let's hope they wasted their time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cybergates said:

It isn't about what they're saying IMO, it's about showing the recruit how much you want them by one-upping everyone else.

That to me is what is getting out of hand in recruiting. I kind of miss the days where RMK would be on an in home visit and the asked the kid are you coming to IU. If he hesitated or didn't answer yes then he moved on.

I hope the Mullins would be out off with Hurley trying to get another visit when they said they are done with communication. It is like with me if I go in to buy a car and if the salesman won't leave me alone and keep nagging me I will not buy a car there.

42 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This is why portal recruiting is quickly becoming a better strategy than prep recruiting. You get a guy who already has a track record at the college level, and for a fraction of the time and resources spent.

couldn't agree more 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is getting ridiculous 

What else can a coach say after all these visits 

Is he waiting to see who else UCONN or UNC add to recruiting class?

Everything around him….family, friends & Sisley are screaming IU…

I always thought the biggest problem CMW faced was showing film of Miller Kopp and saying….we have a nice corner for you to stand in while I get another big man & PG drafted 

Word is that IU is changing the offense so maybe he wants to see a couple games ?

is UNC like ND with Harralson?  Nobody predicted that a month out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

This is why portal recruiting is quickly becoming a better strategy than prep recruiting. You get a guy who already has a track record at the college level, and for a fraction of the time and resources spent.

Not to mention these guys ie Liam can just change their minds at the last minute and go some place else and/or leave after a year. Kids aren't stuck at a school, they can opt-out whenever, so committing to a program is no longer a "career" long obligation. I get you might  need some high schoolers, but the recruiting process is much much too long relative to the current environment.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

is UNC like ND with Harralson?  Nobody predicted that a month out 

Three weeks ago, some laughed when I said that we had to watch UNC and Sean May closely here. A lot of, it's always been IU or UConn. Yet, here we are. Multiple recent visits by the UNC staff.