2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

One thing that concerns me about this recruitment is some UConn fans think they can land both Adams and Mullins since Liam is likely gone after this season and there’s usually a transfer or 2 every year, so they can sell Braylon on possible available PT. 

Don’t see any mock drafts with our guards listed as clear 1st rounders, so it worries me that we don’t have any more PT to offer than them either. 

Maybe I have PTSD from last year’s HS cycle but I don’t want Sisley to be the only recruit and have second thoughts. Not to mention, you can have 15 scholarships now so need the bodies.

Edited by Hoosierdave

10 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

One thing that concerns me about this recruitment is some UConn fans think they can land both Adams and Mullins since Liam is likely gone after this season and there’s usually a transfer or 2 every year, so they can sell Braylon on possible available PT. 

Don’t see any mock drafts with our guards listed as clear 1st rounders, so it worries me that we don’t have any more PT to offer than them either. 

Maybe I have PTSD from last year’s HS cycle but I don’t want Sisley to be the only recruit and have second thoughts. Not to mention, you can have 15 scholarships now so need the bodies.

Is the 15 scholarships official?

7 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Is the 15 scholarships official?

Yea I’m fairly certain it starts the 25-26 season. Don’t think most teams will get to 15 anyway but there’s room at UConn for Braylon if he wants a spot.

For me, the X factor is whether or not Braylon and IU see him as a OAD. Both programs can obviously sell him on playing time as a frosh and then getting starter minutes his 2nd year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Obviously the season hasn’t started yet so who knows but the most updated mock drafts have him as a clear 1st rounder 

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

I stay in contact with Dane Fife quite a bit since I gave him a ride home from the Indy airport in Jan 2024.  When talking with Dane before Liam decommited from IU, he felt Liam wouldn’t be a 1 and done type of player, more of a 2+ player(probably closer to a 3 year player) at IU.

Now obviously that could change with how he approaches the season at UConn of course. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Obviously the season hasn’t started yet so who knows but the most updated mock drafts have him as a clear 1st rounder 

Yeah, but a lot if kids coming out of high school are in the mock drafts. I think Mgbako was in some, and i know Dajuan Wagner was.

McNeely isn't super athletic, and he needs some good weight put on. He's a good shooter with a quick release, but he's not Gary Payton on the defensive end...watched a ton of his Montverde games, and he's a good player...but he's got some room to grow...

Edited by IUFLA

Maybe I’m misunderstanding things but not great if UConn got a silent verbal from Darius Adams and UNC did with Derek Dixon and they’re still visiting him. Unless those CB predictions are just people jumping to conclusions and once they are official, UNC and UConn move on.

IMG_0076.jpeg

Edited by Hoosierdave

13 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding things but not great if UConn got a silent verbal from Darius Adams and UNC did with Derek Dixon and they’re still visiting him. Unless those CB predictions are just people jumping to conclusions and once they are official, UNC and UConn move on.

IMG_0076.jpeg

UNC and/or UCONN would find a way to have either player that is currently being crystal balled to, to co-exist with Mullins on the floor together.  Would Mullins get more mins at IU compared to UCONN/UNC if those crystal balls come to fruition, most certainly a possibility in my mind.  

UConn is clearly a threat but I always come back to this last part of the quote.

Whichever school you attend, what type of player are they getting, and what type of person are you like off the court?

“They are getting a respectful, hardworking player and person on and off the court. Give back to the community if I can.”

Play close to family and friends, play with close friend, give back to the place that clearly means something to him

🧐

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, labeck81 said:

UConn is clearly a threat but I always come back to this last part of the quote.

Whichever school you attend, what type of player are they getting, and what type of person are you like off the court?

“They are getting a respectful, hardworking player and person on and off the court. Give back to the community if I can.”

Play close to family and friends, play with close friend, give back to the place that clearly means something to him

🧐

Crimson colored bias a little maybe, but doesn’t seem like he’d say the last part about giving back if he was going to UCONN or UNC. I’m sure he would give back, not saying that, but don’t think that would be included in his answer if he wasn’t thinking about HIS community. Theoretically he could still give back to HIS community if he didn’t go to IU. But I agree with you, that sounds like his heart is intent on staying home.