2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

Is it even conceivable that UCONN is cut? That would be a curve ball but perhaps word of an Adams commitment is strong? Combine that with the hassle they had getting to Storrs for the visit it’s not a user friendly location for family to attend games.

Will Johnson commit to UK drop them out?

How about a final 3 of IU, Michigan and UNC?  Just spitballing.

• Like 1

I'm going to guess IU, UConn and Michigan. UNC had too much ground to make up. Kentucky, though, has had me worried ever since the Moreno commitment. Playing with his friend and teammate in a Mark Pope offense for a top brand in the sport makes a ton of sense. Mullins also still has an OV scheduled to Lexington. Hearing they're cut and that visit's been canceled will bring me some relief.

On 9/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, KDB said:

UNC would have to absolutely blow them away to have a chance.

FYI - They must have, because it sounds like this could really go any direction of his final 3.

I think immediate playing time is a factor. UNC will have openings for guards. They have lifted themselves in this recruitment big time in recent weeks. He always liked the staff, but this is the first I've felt they are a true threat.

I was told each school has the same chances currently. We'll see what happens.

• Thanks 2

Anybody know why he’s waiting until end of October to make his decision? He’s already visited all three schools and tbh I don’t feel like it will take him a month to decide where he wants to go. Most kids say ok this place feels like home and it feels right I’m ready to be here and that doesn’t take a month for that to happen. Unless he’s waiting on one of the three to offer him more NIL money or something?

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Anybody know why he’s waiting until end of October to make his decision? He’s already visited all three schools and tbh I don’t feel like it will take him a month to decide where he wants to go. Most kids say ok this place feels like home and it feels right I’m ready to be here and that doesn’t take a month for that to happen. Unless he’s waiting on one of the three to offer him more NIL money or something?

could be as early as next tuesday(Oct 1).  no exact date in october given to my knowledge

• Like 1

Just now, IUskim said:

Small write up from our friends at the daily Hoosier. Interesting tidbit from Sisley saying Mullins was with him when he committed. 
https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2025-top-25-sg-braylon-mullins-cuts-down-to-three-schools/

also I think Mullins appeared in Sisley's commitment video not once but twice

15 minutes ago, KDB said:

FYI - They must have, because it sounds like this could really go any direction of his final 3.

I think immediate playing time is a factor. UNC will have openings for guards. They have lifted themselves in this recruitment big time in recent weeks. He always liked the staff, but this is the first I've felt they are a true threat.

I was told each school has the same chances currently. We'll see what happens.

Final list is interesting to me because I don’t think there’s a clear starting role on any team for him. I know our staff thinks Carylyle is gone but I don’t see any mock drafts with him being in the early to mid first round, just late first or second. 

UConn is in a good spot with Meleek Thomas who would start over him (or they take Darius Adams), and IIRC Mahaney still has another couple years of of eligibility. Jackson is probably gone from UNC but we all know they are a blue blood with suffice NIL$, so they will be looking to recruit over Braylon or at least snag someone good enough to compete as a starter.  

51 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

GC fall break is Oct 7-18.  Family probably has a vacation planned away from it all at this time.  As a senior, this is likely one of their last times for all of them to vacation together.  Christmas and spring break this year will be basketball and breaks in college don’t align with his younger siblings in high school.  Being that he’s going to announce on a YouTube channel, I’m also guessing he’d like family, friends, and teammates all around.  I’m guessing he announces a couple days after fall break ends.

Edited by 94Bulldog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

GC fall break is Oct 7-18.  Family probably has a vacation planned away from it all at this time.  As a senior, this is likely one of their last times for all of them to vacation together.  Christmas and spring break this year will be basketball and breaks in college don’t align with his younger siblings in high school.  Being that he’s going to announce on a YouTube channel, I’m also guessing he’d like family, friends, and teammates all around.  I’m guessing he announces a couple days after fall break ends.

Thanks for insight that would make ALOT of sense

• Like 1