2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

idgaf what Woodson said... why is that relevant? Our offense can get shooters shots when the correct talent/abilities are put in place. The data showed that. 

Hell other coaches with better suited personnel showed it. Woody getting open shot after open shot for Thompson showed it. Thompson just couldn’t hit it. Yes he was open because of both. But when that shot was falling look out. 

• Like 1

Just now, HurryinHoosiers said:

and what i responsed on was my opinion of what he said.  

Again.. relevance?

Miller Kopp, before XJ was hurt, was getting a very solid amount of 3s per mins played and was shooting 49% from 3 before XJ got hurt. He shot 42% from 3 AFTER XJ went down. 

• Like 1

Just now, Victobmyboy said:

Hell other coaches with better suited personnel showed it. Woody getting open shot after open shot for Thompson showed it. Thompson just couldn’t hit it. Yes he was open because of both. But when that shot was falling look out. 

And leaving Race at the 4 and not finding a better-suited 4 to match TJD in the portal was a mistake by our staff. Race is a 6th/7th guy on a good team, not a starter. 

If we had gone out and snagged Jake LaRavia... mmmm. That skillset matched with TJD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Again.. relevance?

Miller Kopp, before XJ was hurt, was getting a very solid amount of 3s per mins played and was shooting 49% from 3 before XJ got hurt. He shot 42% from 3 AFTER XJ went down. 

it was a quote posted in this thread.  I responded with my OPINION on it.  If you don't like other people having opinions, then ignore them.

Just now, HurryinHoosiers said:

it was a quote posted in this thread.  I responded with my OPINION on it.  If you don't like other people having opinions, then ignore them.

I don't really see that I've attacked your opinion with anything more than facts to refute it. I'm sorry that bothered you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And leaving Race at the 4 and not finding a better-suited 4 to match TJD in the portal was a mistake by our staff. Race is a 6th/7th guy on a good team, not a starter. 

If we had gone out and snagged Jake LaRavia... mmmm. That skillset matched with TJD.

And that’s why I’m interested and excited to see MM and Goode playing alongside Ballo or Malik in a 4 out. 

• Like 2

This thread might’ve gotten off track but just look at the options Woody has. He can run both bigs with horns..stretch the floor with a base 4/5-out. Can mix and match according to who we play. Limitless especially if the shooting gets there. 3-4 guys who can drive. Mid game will be good too. If people still think the mid game isn’t important go back and watch how UConn guarded Alabama in the final 4. Alabama took 5 mid range shots all year and UConn hurt them by exploiting that on the defensive end. 

• Like 1

Just now, Victobmyboy said:

Way better. Footwork and passing. Shooting 

On the other end... massive advantage Race lol

Although, he'd do dumb s*** too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And agree, back on topic. I'm hoping I get to tune into Braylon's games this winter (IHSAA network) and watch him as an "Indiana signee" 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

On the other end... massive advantage Race lol

Although, he'd do dumb s*** too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And agree, back on topic. I'm hoping I get to tune into Braylon's games this winter (IHSAA network) and watch him as an "Indiana signee" 

Fingers crossed.

If he commits to IU I will definitely go watch some games

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

"Woodson doesn't get shooters shots"... 

is shown evidence to the contrary...

"I'm not getting in a back and forth"...

👍

I mean we ranked 351st in 3 point rate last year and 354th the year before last. So no, then offense really hasn’t generated many 3 point looks compared to other teams.

The offseason comments by Woodson and the players are promising, but 3 point shooting has been an afterthought on offense thus far.

• Like 2