2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2024/8/23/24223979/braylon-mullins-kentucky-wildcats-basketball-recruit-uconn-indiana-duke

Take it for what's it worth but Jamie Shaw doesn't think Mullins will go to IU

KSR…lmao. Shaw didn’t say he was picking them. His intel source is saying this. I’ll worry if picks start coming in though. 

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

KSR…lmao. Shaw didn’t say he was picking them. His intel source is saying this. I’ll worry if picks start coming in though. 

I am not concerned with what some hill jacks from Kentucky thinks but do worry about a national recruiting guy talking like this.

Recruiting can change every day because a month ago it appeared that UK was out of the running for Johnson and now it appears he is ready to commit to UK.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

IU is doing an in home/school visit on the 4th with Braylon and then going out to lunch with his family 

Hmmm, I’m actually on PTO Wednesday with nothing scheduled.  Wonder where lunch is.  Living here I’m thinking there could only be 3-4 spots that make sense…..

• Like 1

Well, not only is UK not the leader, I was told they are not even a player here anymore.

It's down to IU and UCONN, and UCONN's pitch has put them in place to have a very real chance. I have been reiterating that distance is a factor.. I was told UCONN has done enough to the point where that is being overlooked at this point. They really knocked the visit out of the park, and obviously have a ton of selling points at the moment.

Guess who his visit guide was at UCONN? Yep, Liam McNeeley.

It's neck and neck right now. UCONN is offering slightly more NIL.. but there is a second IU collective that is saying they will basically match what the other collective is offering, which in total would basically double UCONN's number.

As previously mentioned, the entire staff will be in Greenfield to have lunch tomorrow. IU can absolutely win out, but it's going to go down to the wire. Braylon and the family really like UCONN's pitch. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, KDB said:

Well, not only is UK not the leader, I was told they are not even a player here anymore.

It's down to IU and UCONN, and UCONN's pitch has put them in place to have a very real chance. I have been reiterating that distance is a factor.. I was told UCONN has done enough to the point where that is being overlooked at this point. They really knocked the visit out of the park, and obviously have a ton of selling points at the moment.

It's neck and neck right now. UCONN is offering slightly more NIL.. but there is a second IU collective that is saying they will basically match what the other collective is offering, which in total would basically double UCONN's number.

As previously mentioned, the entire staff will be in Greenfield to have lunch tomorrow. IU can absolutely win out, but it's going to go down to the wire. Braylon and the family really like UCONN's pitch. Fingers crossed.

This all sounds about like what I've heard. UK fans didn't want to admit it but once they became the favorite for Johnson it was going to be tough to get Mullins too. If IU doubles up UCONN in it's NIL offer it would be hard to say no to imo

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KDB said:

phew, almost doubling what UCONN offers from an NIL perspective would be very hard for an 18-year-old to say no to.  

• Like 1