2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

How so?? I haven’t seen that at all. I just see a kid that’s been in IUs pocket blow up and is enjoying the attention and opportunity to check out other elite schools. He still remembers who has been in his corner from the start.

Plus I think it’s important for kids to check out other schools because with how the portal is it may be necessary down the road if it doesn’t work out at IU. That goes for any recruit. 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

How so?? I haven’t seen that at all. I just see a kid that’s been in IUs pocket blow up and is enjoying the attention and opportunity to check out other elite schools. He still remembers who has been in his corner from the start.

The only person enjoying the attention more than Braylon is his father. I think Braylon has a pretty good idea of what he wants and has for awhile. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

The only person enjoying the attention more than Braylon is his father. I think Braylon has a pretty good idea of what he wants and has for awhile. 

Good for the family. A lot of hard work is paying off. I’d be proud too if I wasn’t going to have to pay for my son’s education and his NIL money was probably going to purchase his first home. Nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw an article locally in southern Indiana that Moreno is actively working to recruit Mullins to UK. I was a little kid then, but it seemed like there were several high profile high schoolers in the 80’s that left the state to play for them. Jim Masters? James Blackmon? Hope it’s just social media hype.

Edited by Rev_AK
Typo

14 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Saw an article locally in southern Indiana that Moreno is actively working to recruit Mullins to UK. I was a little kid then, but it seemed like there were several high profile high schoolers in the 80’s that left the state to play for them. Jim Masters? James Blackmon? Hope it’s just social media hype.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2024/08/19/recruiting-indiana-basketball-star-braylon-mullins-loved-uconn-visit-has-6-more-kentucky-iu-duke/74856734007/

1 hour ago, Rev_AK said:

I hope nobody expected anything different. Of course Moreno is going to try and get his friend to play with him but those types of things hardly ever play out when it's all said and done. 

• Like 6

On 8/7/2024 at 4:46 PM, KDB said:

I should have a better feel for where everything stands here in a couple weeks, but I know for certain IU has not won this recruitment. In a very good spot, but it’s not over. He isn’t taking visits just to take visits. Like I said, should have a good update in a couple weeks. As I have always said, I think distance will be a big factor, so while they enjoyed the UCONN visit I would be surprised if he ended up there.

Following up on this. I believe Braylon would commit to IU if he had to make a decision today. Of his remaining visits, Michigan and UK are the only schools that I think have a chance to land him. I'm not going to just write off UNC or Duke for obvious reasons, and UCONN did a really great job on the visit, but to repeat myself again: It would be surprising to me if Braylon went that far from home.

We will see where it's at after his visits are all done, but IU has been the one constant throughout the entirety of the recruitment and will have a great chance in the end.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What was the reason for the unofficial?

13 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I’m sure it has to do with numbers. Among other things.  Whether we like it or not that is part of the game and his number has gotten larger since the summer started. 

lol money isn’t an issue. It had to do with showing him what his potential role in the offense would look like and a few other things the staff wanted to show him. Remember that the offense is supposedly changing so sometimes it’s good to see proof.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

lol money isn’t an issue. It had to do with showing him what his potential role in the offense would look like and a few other things the staff wanted to show him. Remember that the offense is supposedly changing so sometimes it’s good to see proof.

Good to know. (Notice I said “among other things”) I’ll take your word for it. 

Edited by Victobmyboy

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

But wouldn’t he see that at his official visit? I mean anytime he takes extra trips that’s a good thing. I guess when he comes on his official it will be during games and they’ll be working on more specific stuff 

51 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But wouldn’t he see that at his official visit? I mean anytime he takes extra trips that’s a good thing. I guess when he comes on his official it will be during games and they’ll be working on more specific stuff 

I'm not completely sure of the reason but I think it might have been a way to combat the UCONN visit because their offense is really appealing. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2024 at 1:38 PM, DC2345 said:

I hope nobody expected anything different. Of course Moreno is going to try and get his friend to play with him but those types of things hardly ever play out when it's all said and done. 

It didn’t work when Braylon was trying to get Moreno so why would it work the opposite way around?

• Like 1