2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

8 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I get that... but what do people expect a former NBA coach to utilize the most? The guards we got in the portal for this season are probably better than most freshmen?

I dont see UConn winners of back to back titles blowing off freshmen for other peoples garbage. Whos winning?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2024 at 2:04 PM, OGIUAndy said:

Unless you're the head coach...

Well sure. If your boss the results are on you. Damon Bailey didn’t build and coach this team…Steve Alford didn’t…Calbert has tried to help but in the end the current results aren’t on him…that lays at one persons feet…you want to be the king…heavy is the crown.

47 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont see UConn winners of back to back titles blowing off freshmen for other peoples garbage. Whos winning?

So let me get some clarity here...You think UConn doesn't use the portal? And you also think kids like Rice, Carlyle, Hatton, Ballo, and Goode are "other people's garbage."?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IUJoe said:

He’s already said he’ll need to do the same thing next year because he brought in a lot of one-year players.

Look at FSU…brought in a ton of portal guys and went undefeated last year…did it again this year and 1-5. It isn’t an exact science perfect situation in the portal. Guys can be highly rated and not fit your program. Cig brought in guys that he had in his program already…knew intimately. Sure he might bring in more guys and will need to based on the depth in our program but it will be hard to match the success this year in that regard. The programs success will be built in recruiting, developing those guys, and finding guys in the portal to fill in the holes in the roster.

9 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I get that... but what do people expect a former NBA coach to utilize the most? The guards we got in the portal for this season are probably better than most freshmen?

I expect a coach going into year 4 to have some sophomores and juniors he has recruited to be significantly contributing and not needing half the roster from the portal. I expect the coach to have a clear vision and an offense and defense philosophy that works for modern college basketball and high level successful kids want to play. We will see how he develops and leads the program…I want us to win so bad I can taste it…but I’m not sold he is the future of this program. I just feel like given his age and his mentality he doesn’t think these HS kids matter unless they are a 5 star and a polished product or top portal nba talent prospect. Is he willing to do the hard work of bringing in 3 stars and developing them from freshman to senior? Not sure about it. When know it works…works at Purdue…works at places like Wisconsin and Northwestern. We should be able to do all of the above. Recruit the occasional 5 stars…develop 3 and 4 and bring in a missing piece in the portal.

• Like 3

The reality is that some of the opinions on here about this situation are not really  opinions about this situation at all.  They are agenda driven posts to push a narrative either for or against Woodson.

We could go undefeated this season and those that have an agenda against Woodson would use his age to complain about the future, or call his portal success unsustainable.

Those that support Woodson would still find ways to deflect the blame if IU goes 17-15 this season and misses the tourney yet again.

How about this approach.  Let the season play out.  Be happy if we do well and unhappy if we dont.  It's kind of silly to get all worked up about something without seeing how it plays out first.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The reality is that some of the opinions on here about this situation are not really  opinions about this situation at all.  They are agenda driven posts to push a narrative either for or against Woodson.

We could go undefeated this season and those that have an agenda against Woodson would use his age to complain about the future, or call his portal success unsustainable.

Those that support Woodson would still find ways to deflect the blame if IU goes 17-15 this season and misses the tourney yet again.

How about this approach.  Let the season play out.  Be happy if we do well and unhappy if we dont.  It's kind of silly to get all worked up about something without seeing how it plays out first.

Would you just pick a side!!:coffee:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Boring

• Like 1
  • Haha 2