2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I know nothing, but if what is being brought about; the NIL, the home team, the NBA coaching? …. If Braylon doesn’t choose IU? I say good riddance!!!!$$$

I am at the point where I hope we get the recruits but if we don't I won't get upset about it. I am getting to old to worry about where a 17 year old kid wants to go to college.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Why don't these guys want to play for Indiana? 

Nobody has said that he doesn’t other than some keyboard warriors that like to make predictions. Non of these guys claiming UConn is the destination know anything. They’re just guessing it’ll be UConn

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Nobody has said that he doesn’t other than some keyboard warriors that like to make predictions. Non of these guys claiming UConn is the destination know anything. They’re just guessing it’ll be UConn

8 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

umm winning cures a lot.  If Uconn hasn't done what they've done in recent years very likely Uconn isn't even in the final three of Mullins.  

I don't think Woodson is the issue. Teri Moren cannot get a 5 star here to save her life. And she's a great coach with a great program. Cignetti is 6-0 and just lost his only 4 star recruit. 

Look at schools like UofL and Maryland and they out recruit us in every sport. IU isn't an Urban environment. It's a turn off to some kids. Put IU in Indianapolis and we'd recruit better in all 24 sports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Woodson.. and UCONN is cream of the crop 

Trayce Jackson-Davis wanted to stay and play for Woodson.

Jalen Hood-Schifino wanted to play for Woodson

Kel'el Ware wanted to play for Woodson

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I don't think Woodson is the issue. Teri Moren cannot get a 5 star here to save her life. And she's a great coach with a great program. Cignetti is 6-0 and just lost his only 4 star recruit. 

Look at schools like UofL and Maryland and they out recruit us in every sport. IU isn't an Urban environment. It's a turn off to some kids. Put IU in Indianapolis and we'd recruit better in all 24 sports.

And we have absolutely spanked Maryland in men's hoops, women's hoops and football in the last 12 months.

But hey, as long as they are inner city cool.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Taking the bait here, I know...

Guys do want to play for Indiana. Braylon had offers from Kansas, Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan State, Duke, among many others, including Purdue. He stated his preference for Indiana over all those schools by naming us in his final three. 

Braylon can want to play for several schools. He can only pick one. If he does pick UConn, I'm sure some will use that event to troll this board over Indiana's lack of on-court success. For me, this recruitment has already highlighted how much else we have going for us, that we stood toe to toe with the two-time national champions regardless. Now what happens if we find some on-court success too, with the six transfers from the portal that also wanted to play for Indiana? 👀

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

If that is the case why isn't team like DePaul, St. John's, UC who are all urban schools not competing for championships 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If that is the case why isn't team like DePaul, St. John's, UC who are all urban schools not competing for championships 

Because they aren't good, prestigious, programs and don't even look at recruits at our level. Why even ask this question?

• Like 1

I don't think it's a mystery for why elite players choose one destination over another. 

1. Coach/system. How will they develop in college and what/who gives them the best chance of playing at the next level. 

2a. Money (the money is peanuts compared to what they can get at the next level, a pay cut in the present is an acceptable concession, if they think it means more for their long-term earnings)

2b. Location (Sure one may desire one location over another, but it still takes second seat to becoming an attractive prospect for the NBA)

Down the list are fan base, facilities, education, etc. Sure these are factors. But if a school has none of the top 3, these smaller factor on their own will not sway a decision. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Bloomington is 5 times bigger than Storrs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Because they aren't good, prestigious, programs and don't even look at recruits at our level. Why even ask this question?

You were the one that said we don't get recruits because we aren't an urban area so by that I took it that urban teams has the advantages. I don't call UK, Duke, KU or UNC as urban areas

Edited by IU Scott

Double the NIL

Lifetime benefits

Everybody knows you vs just a number at UCONN

Close to home - easy for fam/friends

Bloomington vs Storrs

Education on par or superior 

The only reasons he could possibly want to go to UCONN …. likes Hurley more than Woodson, thinks it’s a better shot to win, and bc he thinks Hurley is the better option to get him to the league. I don’t buy the last one. I don’t see how he doesn’t choose IU based on the comparisons. Just doesn’t make sense. I’m guessing IU. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Double the NIL

Lifetime benefits

Everybody knows you vs just a number at UCONN

Close to home - easy for fam/friends

Bloomington vs Storrs

Education on par or superior 

The only reasons he could possibly want to go to UCONN …. likes Hurley more than Woodson, thinks it’s a better shot to win, and bc he thinks Hurley is the better option to get him to the league. I don’t buy the last one. I don’t see how he doesn’t choose IU based on the comparisons. Just doesn’t make sense. I’m guessing IU. 

I don't disagree with you but pretty much all those applied to Haralson with the exception of education yet he still chose Notre Dame. 

24 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I don't disagree with you but pretty much all those applied to Haralson with the exception of education yet he still chose Notre Dame. 

Actually, Haralson selected ND due to coaching:

"I trust Coach Shrews with my game. He had the vision for me that I couldn't turn down, and ultimately I trust him to help me get to my end goal."

Haralson explained what he believes his role will be at Notre Dame next season.

"Obviously the main thing, the thing that stuck out to me is those guys can shoot, and that's something that I thrive well around," Haralson said. "That's something I have here at La Lumiere, and that's something that I really want to be a part of. Coach Shrews, he was Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum's shooting coach, and that's something that I feel like I need to take the next step in my game. So I trust him to help get me there."

• Like 2