2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

11 minutes ago, Controlfade said:

when he left RI he went to Xavier and Louisville, however Murray has Coached for Hurly when he was at Wagner and Rhode Island as well. They have a long relationship. 

If i recall from something ive read, Hurley brought Murray back to totally change the offense and it clearly has worked. The crazy thing was that when Hurley was talking to the Lakers it sounded like Murray would go with him because UCONN was expected to offer the job to K Young over Murray. 

he was with Dan for 1 year at Wagner, and 2 at RI. 

7 hours ago, Controlfade said:

Liam is already a top 10 projected pick . Also, Mullins said Hurley told him he thinks he is a one and done as well. 

Yes, every mock draft has him first round, with most as a lottery pick. The linked article has him #2 ranked SF, behind Bailey at Rutgers. They rank Karaban #8 SF,  Mgbako #12 and Bryson Tucker #18

https://nbadraftroom.com/liam-mcneeley/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Controlfade said:

Liam is already a top 10 projected pick . Also, Mullins said Hurley told him he thinks he is a one and done as well. 

I haven’t seen Liam projected top 10 anywhere yet. I’ve seen him mocked as a mid to late first round pick.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yes, every mock draft has him first round, with most as a lottery pick. The linked article has him #2 ranked SF, behind Bailey at Rutgers. They rank Karaban #8 SF,  Mgbako #12 and Bryson Tucker #18

https://nbadraftroom.com/liam-mcneeley/

Kind of wonder how Liam will look when he’s no longer playing alongside Cooper Flagg against high schoolers? Kinda like I wonder how Braden is going to look without Edy drawing all of the defensive attention?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Controlfade said:

Mock drafts do t mean anything. They aren’t based on real NBA scouts opinions at this point. Mgbako was popping up in first round mocks last year at this time. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Mock drafts do t mean anything. They aren’t based on real NBA scouts opinions at this point. Mgbako was popping up in first round mocks last year at this time. 

Absolutely, DJ Wagner was the expected #1 pick this past draft and he is still in college. Liam will have to show it but he’s expected to be in the draft this year. 

2 minutes ago, Controlfade said:

Absolutely, DJ Wagner was the expected #1 pick this past draft and he is still in college. Liam will have to show it but he’s expected to be in the draft this year. 

Same with Justin Edwards except he entered NBA draft and didn’t even get drafted. But I said after seeing him play in person at the amazing highland shootout that the kid didn’t have that IT factor compared to Michael Porter, Jason Tatum etc

1 hour ago, Controlfade said:

Some people that actually evaluate talent for a living aka college coaches or guys that have been college coaches don’t think he’s a lock that he’s being out to be 

If Liam is a top 10 pick then my goodness.  Yes he can shoot, but he is not overly athletic, he won't be the primary ball handler, on a team where many other guys can stuff the state line, etc.  Between both MM and Liam, I would have guess MM would have been a 1 and done before Liam.  

Liam will have to show out(outside of shooting) to be a top 15 pick in this years upcoming NBA draft.  Mock drafts are boring during the summer, they don't get interesting until Christmas time.

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

In this picture he has IU front and center and looking straight ahead. So that has to be a good sign LOL!

Also wonder where and how he is going to announce his decision.

Live streamed on 247 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Live streamed on 247 

I was just wondering if it will be at the school with people in the stands or just tweeting something out. I would think if other students or fans are allowed to be there the better I would feel he is picking IU.  I would think most of the people in Greenfield would like to see him at IU.

• Like 1

I've been around too long to worry about the decisions of these kids, but I still find it interesting how they approach it.

All visits done. All sales pitches completed. There are no questions left unanswered. You no longer have to worry about someone "buying" a recruit because they all are doing it now with NIL. It's down to who will pay the most? Who will let me play now? Who's getting me to the NBA faster? In other words, not much has changed.

What I'm not sure about is whether kids think about what happens when basketball is over. The idea of returning home after a successful career and living out the vast majority of your life in your home state. Is that still a thing? Does it matter? Is it different for top recruits vs the rest? 

I used to believe kids would take it into account. Spend a season or two at a state school because once that NBA dream ends, and it will end for some much sooner than others, you may want to return home. Is your life better for having represented a home state school? Not sure. If you open your own business, it may help. Does it benefit your family? Possibly. Or is it not even worth consideration these days. 

16 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Uconn got last word correct?

They were the last in person visit. That is correct. However nothing from that visit was a factor in the decision. They didn’t get the last word. All staffs are still in communication 

• Thanks 1