2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

That's fair.  Not to turn this into a Woodson thread, but while there's been a lot of attention focused on offensive strategy, IU's defense has really regressed each year under Woody, from 24th nationally his first year (KenPom), to 45th in year two, and 84th last year. I think he might need a Luke Murray type hire to turn that around, since as I understand it, Fife had a lot to do with the defensive success in year one.

I'm trying to figure out what Yasir Rosemond does.

I always hear about Kenya Hunter or Walsh with a certain recruit. Or them doing the scout. Or Hunter working with Bigs. Or Walsh working with Shooting.

What does Ya do? Collect a paycheck? Hype man in the locker room? I agree about finding a defensive minded Asst. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

To circle back to @Seeking6’s question… is all the negativity because Hurley is visiting again? Or something substantial actually happen? 

simple answer is yes. The pessimists believe BM is gone and IU never had a chance. The optimists believe he is coming to IU. I am waiting for the announcement :)

• Like 1

I, for one, don't understand why IU "fans" cheerlead so hard for other programs.  Why on earth are we singing the praises of UConn here of all places?!!  I think we bend over backwards waaaaaay too far trying to be "objective" and what we end up doing is selling recruits on competing schools.

WTF is the objective about saying how wonderful other schools are in a a recruiting forum?!!  What do you all think a recruit reading these pages (and rest assured, they do) is going to think about IU?  Why do we insist on sabotaging a school we supposedly root for when objectively, IU has a TON to offer players.  Look at the recent NBA players for Christ's sake.

I just don't get it.  Knock off the "objectivity"...especially here.

• Like 4

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I, for one, don't understand why IU "fans" cheerlead so hard for other programs.  Why on earth are we singing the praises of UConn here of all places?!!  I think we bend over backwards waaaaaay too far trying to be "objective" and what we end up doing is selling recruits on competing schools.

WTF is the objective about saying how wonderful other schools are in a a recruiting forum?!!  What do you all think a recruit reading these pages (and rest assured, they do) is going to think about IU?  Why do we insist on sabotaging a school we supposedly root for when objectively, IU has a TON to offer players.  Look at the recent NBA players for Christ's sake.

I agree with this to an extent. There is nothing wrong with being objective. there is nothing wrong with comparing what makes sense IU vs another school. I welcome it as some of the factors brought up... i have no knowledge of or havent thought about. But i think to the extent of fawning over some of these schools and selling them is a bit superfluous. and then on top of that celebrating what another fan base is saying about IU and Woodson is extremely weird.

40 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

To circle back to @Seeking6’s question… is all the negativity because Hurley is visiting again? Or something substantial actually happen? 

My thing comes from the interview Mullins had with Peegs. I know you can't just go by that but his responses was more favorable to UCONN and UNC

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I always hear about Kenya Hunter or Walsh with a certain recruit. Or them doing the scout. Or Hunter working with Bigs. Or Walsh working with Shooting.

What does Ya do? Collect a paycheck? Hype man in the locker room? I agree about finding a defensive minded Asst. 

Do you realize that he's who got Rice, Carlyle, Ware, an Newton to IU. He's also been on Woodson about changing the offense for a while. Oh and he definitely shares scout duties with the other assistants. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

The bad thing is that IU was UCONN 30-40 years ago where we could get the majority of the players we truly wanted. Back then if we had these 3 top in state players we expected to get at least two of them and was disappointed not getting all 3. Now we are happy to get at least 1 of them. We need to get back to that as a program and need to get our coach Cig for basketball 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Is what it is. Coach K took 4 years to make the tourney, Tony Bennett made the tourney 1x in his first 4 years....countless examples of others. Woodson gets banged on by the Tony crowd. Nothing we can do about it. 

Were both those coaches on social security when they started? I’m not here to bash Woody but not only do I not have the patience to wait on him to figure out coaching basketball in 2024 but he doesn’t have the luxury of slowly finding his way either. He needs to figure this out this year or make a move behind the bench instead of on it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Were both those coaches on social security when they started? I’m not here to bash Woody but not only do I not have the patience to wait on him to figure out coaching basketball in 2024 but he doesn’t have the luxury of slowly finding his way either. He needs to figure this out this year or make a move behind the bench instead of on it.

IT HAS BEEN STATED TIMES ARE A CHANGING!! GET OVER IT!! MAKE OR BREAK YEAR!!

• Like 2

Just got done watching the media day interviews. I was really impressed with both Rice and Galloway on how they handle themselves in those interviews. Also I thought there is a different demeanor from Coach Woodson this year compared to the past. I heard a lot of encouraging things about the changes being made with the offense and now they need to execute that plan.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got done watching the media day interviews. I was really impressed with both Rice and Galloway on how they handle themselves in those interviews. Also I thought there is a different demeanor from Coach Woodson this year compared to the past. I heard a lot of encouraging things about the changes being made with the offense and now they need to execute that plan.

Yes…talk is great…let’s see it in action. Not only do I want to see an offense that takes more 3s…but one that schemes up good open looks for 3s….and us making them. I’m hopeful!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I personally thought he was Tyme on Twitter for a while

2 hours ago, Controlfade said:

Murray has been with Hurley for a while . He coached with him at Wagner and RI

I’m just talking about the UConn tenure. It’s well know that Murray handles a lot of the offense for Hurley. 

Edited by DC2345

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That’s great to hear… I’m glad Woodson has been willing to change and Ive been hard on him about his stubbornness so I’ll be more than happy to give him the credit he deserves for changing. 

Edited by IUfaninIllinois
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Not really. He was with him sparingly. Murray was at Louisville and at Xavier before with Mack. 

when he left RI he went to Xavier and Louisville, however Murray has Coached for Hurly when he was at Wagner and Rhode Island as well. They have a long relationship. 

If i recall from something ive read, Hurley brought Murray back to totally change the offense and it clearly has worked. The crazy thing was that when Hurley was talking to the Lakers it sounded like Murray would go with him because UCONN was expected to offer the job to K Young over Murray.