2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Old quote. Not worth paying attention to right now

Not that long ago and still relevant given it was the current coach that said that.

Hopefully Woodson has learned from his mistakes and we really are going to have a much improved offense.  But it's not like he is new to the profession and learning on the job so having that take is odd.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

Not that long ago and still relevant given it was the current coach that said that.

Hopefully Woodson has learned from his mistakes and we really are going to have a much improved offense.  But it's not like he is new to the profession and learning on the job so having that take is odd.

Not choosing a school because of an offense they aren't going to run any more is odd.

Edited by IUJoe
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

Read prior posts. HE IS CHANGING THE OFFENSE. ITS BEEN TALKED ABOUT BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE. PLAYERS, RECRUITS, and WOODSON HIMSELF!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

Comparing Miller Kopp and Braylon Mullins as basketball players is a choice. 

We didn't need to run the offense through Miller Kopp lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Some people can’t change their thinking, they end up being the old people who still pull out their checkbook at the checkout.

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

100%. A few sets designed for shots is one thing and they probably should've done that a little more but he should've never gotten offense ran for him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

100%. A few sets designed for shots is one thing and they probably should've done that a little more but he should've never gotten offense ran for him. 

Now... every "lack of guard depth" complaint is 10000% spot on. Cupps is our "4th" ball handler last year, for example. Fantastic. He was 1/2 last year. 🤢

As you mentioned a few sets, and we did that some, and most teams STILL didn't help off Miller. Smart choice by them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And if people would go back woody did run sets for shooters before and after kopp. Mbako was one. Those side action out of bounds plays for Parker Stewart was money. I agree totally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I would say some of the reservation here is that some people don’t believe CMW is REALLY changing the offense. I know he’s said it, blah, blah, blah, but I’m in the camp of, “I’ll fully believe it when I see it”. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Woody runs the same base sets a lot of coaches do. Those sets and actions have lots of options. He doesn’t have to change the offense per se. The personnel on the floor will change it for him. The guards we have now will cook!!! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Woody runs the same base sets a lot of coaches do. Those sets and actions have lots of options. He doesn’t have to change the offense per se. The personnel on the floor will change it for him. The guards we have now will cook!!! 

I get that and somewhat agree that should happen, but it’s not like we made it a priority to get Miller Kopp more shots two years ago or Mgbako more shots last year. Maybe we have more options this year which will open the floor up a little bit. But again, I’ll believe that when I see it. CMW has failed to fill the shooting holes the first two seasons, so I have my reservations. I mean, this is Indiana Basketball! 😂 not much to be excited about for a really long time. On the other end, are we going to be able to guard the perimeter? Haven’t done it well the first two years, and that has a lot less to do with personnel. 

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I get that and somewhat agree that should happen, but it’s not like we made it a priority to get Miller Kopp more shots two years ago or Mgbako more shots last year. Maybe we have more options this year which will open the floor up a little bit. But again, I’ll believe that when I see it. CMW has failed to fill the shooting holes the first two seasons, so I have my reservations. I mean, this is Indiana Basketball! 😂 not much to be excited about for a really long time. On the other end, are we going to be able to guard the perimeter? Haven’t done it well the first two years, and that has a lot less to do with personnel. 

You didn’t watch then. Mbako had multiple sets ran for him. We just didn’t have a second option on the perimeter to make it really cook. They ran a staggered screen for him a ton. Mbako wasn’t freshman of the year for no reason. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Read prior posts. HE IS CHANGING THE OFFENSE. ITS BEEN TALKED ABOUT BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE. PLAYERS, RECRUITS, and WOODSON HIMSELF!

I DID READ PRIOR POSTS.  YOU DON'T NEED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. 

I know he claims to be changing the offense.  Haven't seen it yet (we've been sold goods before that never actually came to fruition).

And it doesn't change that Woodson didn't feel the need come up with ways to get Kopp open looks.   Who knows if he his attitude on that has changed with the new offense that we will hopefully see this coming season.

Edited by HurryinHoosiers
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

And if people would go back woody did run sets for shooters before and after kopp. Mbako was one. Those side action out of bounds plays for Parker Stewart was money. I agree totally. 

Losing XJ hurt Miller more than anyone that year. 

Through Kansas game (when XJ got hurt)-- he was avg 25mpg 10ppg and attempting 4.7 3s per game. 

AFTER the Kansas game... he avged 32mpg 7ppg 3.8 3s per game. 

You all (them) have your complaints off. The complaints should be about lack of ball handlers/creators NOT "we need more plays for Miller"... @HurryinHoosiers

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We 100% made it a priority to get MM more shots last season. 

Shooting yeah, but we lack ball handlers and creators much more than just "shooters". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUJoe said:

Not choosing a school because of an offense they aren't going to run any more is odd.

You going to choose your school based on an offense you haven't seen yet in an actual game?

How coaches handle stuff (like getting their shooters open) is relevant to those who rely on shooting as a big part of their game.  A new offense doesn't necessarily mean Woodson's mindset is going to change on the subject.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Losing XJ hurt Miller more than anyone that year. 

Through Kansas game (when XJ got hurt)-- he was avg 25mpg 10ppg and attempting 4.7 3s per game. 

AFTER the Kansas game... he avged 32mpg 7ppg 3.8 3s per game. 

You all (them) have your complaints off. The complaints should be about lack of ball handlers/creators NOT "we need more plays for Miller"... @HurryinHoosiers

I think i have mentioned the lack of ball handlers in the past.  My above post was in reference to the quote about not helping get open looks for Miller.  The 2 opinions aren't mutually exclusive and I never said the lack of trying to help shooters get open shots was the biggest issue.  

1 minute ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

I think i have mentioned the lack of ball handlers in the past.  My above post was in reference to the quote about not helping get open looks for Miller.  The 2 opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

and I just showed you, Miller got PLENTY of looks when the offense had the ability to function the way it should. 

4.7 3s per 25 mins... that's a pretty high rate of attempts. You can't admit that? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

and I just showed you, Miller got PLENTY of looks when the offense had the ability to function the way it should. 

4.7 3s per 25 mins... 

DOESN'T CHANGE WHAT WOODSON SAID.  

I don't agree with what Woodson said and nothing you have responded with changes that.  Not wasting time in a back and forth just because you feel the need to defend him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

I think i have mentioned the lack of ball handlers in the past.  My above post was in reference to the quote about not helping get open looks for Miller.  The 2 opinions aren't mutually exclusive and I never said the lack of trying to help shooters get open shots was the biggest issue.  

But he did. You just didn’t see it. We also lacked worthy shooters to get them shots. Trey Galloway shot lights out in 23 yet you don’t run your offense trying to get him open. 

• Like 1