2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

23 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Unfortunately IU is up against film of Cam Spencer and RJ Davis from last year. 

I hope he picks IU but if it was my kid I’d be sending him to UConn. That be only school Id choose over IU. Their offense is incredible and he’s getting guys like Spencer to the league. If Woody actually changes the offense this year and we would get away from 1970’s ball I’d changes my mind. Mullins is a great shooter. We consistently rank in 250 or higher in 3’s attempted a game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I hope he picks IU but if it was my kid I’d be sending him to UConn. That be only school Id choose over IU. Their offense is incredible and he’s getting guys like Spencer to the league. If Woody actually changes the offense this year and we would get away from 1970’s ball I’d changes my mind. Mullins is a great shooter. We consistently rank in 250 or higher in 3’s attempted a game. 

If they are a real close family and want to see him play then UCONN would be hard to get to

11 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

That, money, and woody is going to have to really sell him on the “new look offense” 

If I’m a pure shooter, IU would be a really tough sell. There are a lot of other places that will run offense for their best shooters. IU just doesn’t have film to show a great perimeter shooter. 

“The guys are not leaving him,'' Woodson said of opposing defenders guarding Kopp. "When he gets good looks, we just hope that he can knock them down. About utilizing him, I run a couple plays for him here and there, but my focus isn't just on Miller. Everybody has to play a role and when you have shots, you have to be ready to knock them down. For some reason, he's not getting a lot of shots, because they are not leaving him.”

…but I'm just not here to create a lot of shots for just Miller. I mean, I'm not here to do that.”

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/my-two-cents-indiana-hoosiers-struggle-to-find-more-shots-for-miller-kopp-best-perimeter-shooter

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If I’m a pure shooter, IU would be a really tough sell. There are a lot of other places that will run offense for their best shooters. IU just doesn’t have film to show a great perimeter shooter. 

“The guys are not leaving him,'' Woodson said of opposing defenders guarding Kopp. "When he gets good looks, we just hope that he can knock them down. About utilizing him, I run a couple plays for him here and there, but my focus isn't just on Miller. Everybody has to play a role and when you have shots, you have to be ready to knock them down. For some reason, he's not getting a lot of shots, because they are not leaving him.”

…but I'm just not here to create a lot of shots for just Miller. I mean, I'm not here to do that.”

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/my-two-cents-indiana-hoosiers-struggle-to-find-more-shots-for-miller-kopp-best-perimeter-shooter

Using old quotes isn’t a good idea for this years team. They are going to play different. Players, coaches, and recruits have referenced it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

In the days of million dollar NIL deals; I don’t think distance carries much weight anymore.  Both his parents could quit work and fly to every game, just my negative mindset coming out.  I hope we get him.

They hated the logistics of UConn and chapel hill. A person said it was a “fiasco”. At least that’s what I heard. We will see. 

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

But if you’re a recruit, do you commit before you see it on the court?

If you know what you’re looking at you don’t need to. They’ve already seeing it in practice and practice film so they are seeing it on the court. Just not in games which isn’t necessarily needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

If you know what you’re looking at you don’t need to. They’ve already seeing it in practice and practice film so they are seeing it on the court. Just not in games which isn’t necessarily needed. 

Hopefully that is happening! Woody is a great players coach. They obviously really enjoy playing for him. He just needs to be willing to change schemes on both sides of the ball. The defense continues to get worse each year. Hope Mullins commits and says ya IU is going to be playing different style. 

14 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That's a weird take.  Maybe Woodson should try a little harder to get his best shooters open looks.

• Confused 1