2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just hope he can bring Sisley and Moreno up to his enthusiasm for IU

Well there’s a chance he’s a Hoosier commit by the time the visit rolls around so we’ll see what happens.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He said he was planning more visits and didn't know when he will make an announcement.

He'll say that until he commits. But Mullins to IU feels like the worst kept secret in the '25 class.

• Like 3

I'd be really, really surprised if this kid isn't a Hoosier. We all know things can happen but reading the tells in interviews, family stuff I'll say what others on here said in this thread back in April. Will be shocked if he isn't a Hoosier.

I think in the end Michigan will be our biggest competition if they continue to pursue aggressively. Dad is a longtime UM fan and Dusty has impressed them. As I have said multiple times, it has always been most likely for him to stay in state. The recent outburst of offers obviously has made that not as much a certainty, but I still don't think he will go far.

Definitely not a done deal, but if I had to make a gun to head assumption as of now I would say he ends up a Hoosier. Our staff did a great job getting in on him early and they have made it known since we offered that we want him and he is a big priority for the staff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDB said:

I think in the end Michigan will be our biggest competition if they continue to pursue aggressively. Dad is a longtime UM fan and Dusty has impressed them. As I have said multiple times, it has always been most likely for him to stay in state. The recent outburst of offers obviously has made that not as much a certainty, but I still don't think he will go far.

Definitely not a done deal, but if I had to make a gun to head assumption as of now I would say he ends up a Hoosier. Our staff did a great job getting in on him early and they have made it known since we offered that we want him and he is a big priority for the staff.

I see uconn as a bigger threat. 

Losing this one would be a very tough pill to swallow all things look positive in our direction as of right now. Hearing this wont drag out long. Will commit before Senior year but not sure if that's school year or start of season. Lots of positive IU vibes in the community

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Losing this one would be a very tough pill to swallow all things look positive in our direction as of right now. Hearing this wont drag out long. Will commit before Senior year but not sure if that's school year or start of season. Lots of positive IU vibes in the community

I live in Greenfield but not in any loop so I haven't heard anything about his recruitment. I do know a young guy who I use to go to church with who coaches the freshman team at Greenfield. I should try to talk to him

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I listened to Jim Coyle interview finally and I don’t know how Jim Coyle has gotten the sponsors and fans to have the presence he does to get these interviews. I’m just not impressed with him at all and he seems like a dumb dumb. 

During the  pandemic and losing my job I use to watch the show. He just was so bad I had to stop watching it. 

54 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

It was very hard to get through 25 minutes for me so I completely get it.

Pretty much anyone can do this type of stuff and I don't mean to begrudge legitimate reporting, sport journalism or media personalities. But if you really had the passion to do this all the time and weren't concerned with making a living, the barriers to entry are pretty low. I think my friends/relatives and myself could probably provide as much insight and information as some of these podcasts and other "shows". To repeat again, there are some guys doing legitimately great work, then there are some doing not such great stuff.  And I am not really referring to Jim since I haven't really listened or watched much of his stuff. And I am not saying it's easy by any stretch, just that anyone can jump in if they really wanted to. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

48 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Pretty much anyone can do this type of stuff and I don't mean to begrudge legitimate reporting, sport journalism or media personalities. But if you really had the passion to do this all the time and weren't concerned with making a living, the barriers to entry are pretty low. I think my friends/relatives and myself could probably provide as much insight and information as some of these podcasts and other "shows". To repeat again, there are some guys doing legitimately great work, then there are some doing not such great stuff.  And I am not really referring to Jim since I haven't really listened or watched much of his stuff. And I am not saying it's easy by any stretch, just that anyone can jump in if they really wanted to. 

To me, a good interviewer doesn’t talk more than his guest, and doesn’t take longer to ask a question than the guest needs to answer it.  Coyle and Alex Bozich both have that problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUJoe said:

To me, a good interviewer doesn’t talk more than his guest, and doesn’t take longer to ask a question than the guest needs to answer it.  Coyle and Alex Bozich both have that problem.

Does he still smack his lips while talking?   Very annoying. 

3 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I totally agree!

2 hours ago, IUJoe said:

Yes and how do you forget a question you asked because he lost a connection for a short amount of time. And he stutters and fumbles through his questions so much