2025 SG Braylon Mullins Commits to UCONN

KDB

6 hours ago, athleticdeptiugrad said:

This is interesting and I know some who suspect as much. There were some of us who thought the Woodson hire might be giving some in the fanbase what they wanted. That turned into us asking ourselves "OK, but if Woodson doesn't work out, is Dolson still around to eventually do what he wants to do?" The Cignetti hire really changed the narrative for a lot of us outside the program.

Cignetti hire plus what’s going on with the women’s team Dolson will get another shot…especially if Woody was more or less forced on him by Buckner. Any program can be turned around…just takes the right guy. Especially at Indiana…leadership and the right energy…it’ll happen…just hope it’s in my lifetime.

Edited by dgambill

28 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

This time is just feels like the timing makes a lot more sense and I believe before we hired Woodson he was pretty interested but family and wanting to finish off with a ring in Boston kept him there and I understand that. Times have changed now he’s made all the money he needs but there’s only one thing left to fulfill and that the head guy at IU and I’m pretty sure that holds some weight to him. I also like Scott a lot and think he and Brad can connect and make it happen. 

He hated recruiting before what makes you think he would want to recruit now.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Must suck so bad that back to back national champion coach gave up the most lucrative coaching deal in the world with the Lakers to do it…and do it well at that. Literally working his butt off…making Woody look like a fool…you have a commitment in McNeely…yeah I’ll take him from you…been recruiting a hometown kid for 3 years since you been there…take him too…made Woody his b1tch on and off the court….i mean humiliated him when he faced us…smack talked about how unafraid our uninspiring offense and team was and then took every good player we wanted. Its a joke…Woody is a joke…we bought him a team and I guess we will see if he can coach the best team money can buy but if he can’t do that…well he signed his own resignation imo.

Well.. if it's so great, why did he need to do all of that? 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He hated recruiting before what makes you think he would want to recruit now.

He didn’t hate recruiting. He hated recruiting and playing by the rules only to have a school that didn’t play by the rules jump in and get the commitment. Thats what he got tired of.

Edited by DC2345

46 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I like Shrews if Brad doesn’t work out. I’m basically completely over Woodson and ready for this to be over unless somehow he wins big this year which i just don’t see him being able to do it.

We will win…but winning big is what I’m interested in…and will it be sustainable. I was ok with Woody as the guy that would bring stability to the program and hand it off to what people seemed to believe would be a great coach in waiting…now I don’t see the plan….Woody is very much closer to the end of his shelf life win or lose and there is no coach on that bench or seemingly in waiting to take over. I’ll just enjoy what I can and hope for the best…

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We will win…but winning big is what I’m interested in…and will it be sustainable. I was ok with Woody as the guy that would bring stability to the program and hand it off to what people seemed to believe would be a great coach in waiting…now I don’t see the plan….Woody is very much closer to the end of his shelf life win or lose and there is no coach on that bench or seemingly in waiting to take over. I’ll just enjoy what I can and hope for the best…

The next coach is certainly not on the bench or in waiting. While I have no doubt that Woodson had the absolute best intentions when he took the job…. I believe that even he realizes now that he’s in over his head. I think that he truly believed that all he had to do was sell the brand and NIL would take care of the rest. Truth be told, he doesn’t have the energy to grind it out on the recruiting trail. He most likely knows that his time is almost up. If Buckner is truly his friend, he’s already had the talk with him. I’m going to cheer for my program, no matter what, but we’ve gotta nail the next hire. I think Izzo is done soon as well and I really hope that Dolson can bring in someone that bring the past to present.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Again all the respect in the world for what you bring but I thought the reason things turned South for Woodson was because he didn't show up at Sectionals on a Wednesday night? Assuming that was just the local easy crap concept...

I might be remembering wrong, but I think that was Sisley who we didn't watch at Sectionals, which ended up being is last game. Painter was there, which probably incited the consternation.