2025 SG Braylon Mullins Commits to UCONN

KDB

10 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Call me crazy but I think we have a shot at getting Stevens now since his kids are older and he finally won his ring with the Celtics. Only one more thing left to do and that’s come home to IU 

I'd say that ship is sailed. The search should start and end with Micah Shrewsberry.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Call me crazy but I think we have a shot at getting Stevens now since his kids are older and he finally won his ring with the Celtics. Only one more thing left to do and that’s come home to IU 

I don’t see it. Primarily because he literally has no interest in going back to coaching or college, according to those who know him. Other than taking more time away from his wife/family… nothing to gain.  

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

That's if nobody enters the portal or decides to go pro and hope to be a second round pick. They'll also lose Hatton, Leal, and James. I get they'll have varying roles but that's still bench depth that needs to be replaced. 

Don’t forget scholarships go to 15 next year instead of 13 too

14 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I don’t see it. Primarily because he literally has no interest in going back to coaching or college, according to those who know him. Other than taking more time away from his wife/family… nothing to gain.  

I can't see him wanting any part of the current college bball landscape

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Personally I just don't really see the difference. HS kids can leave after a year just like anyone else. If you think the drawn out recruiting process somehow vets the personality of the kid or his ability, I suppose that would be the benefit. But what's really the difference between recruiting a high school kid (one and done? two and done?) versus recruiting a sophomore, junior or senior who may or may not play one, two, three years four years? I really don't fundamentally see why it matters unless you are literally replacing the entire roster every year. I really think the best approach is getting a couple of high school kids and then using the portal. 

The best players still come out of HS, that's why.  You aren't generally getting top tier athletes and great players coming from a good environment in the portal.  We did do a good job of stealing players from teams whose athletic conference imploded last year, I don't know if that is a model you can count on though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I'd say that ship is sailed. The search should start and end with Micah Shrewsberry.

Aim higher than Shrewsberry. Whenever Woody's time is up we need to go PAY a WINNER. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The best players still come out of HS, that's why.  You aren't generally getting top tier athletes and great players coming from a good environment in the portal.  We did do a good job of stealing players from teams whose athletic conference imploded last year, I don't know if that is a model you can count on though.

That’s simply not true. 2 of the 5 consensus 1st team all Americans and 3 of the 5 consensus 2nd team all Americans last year were transfers. It was literally a 50-50 split in terms of transfers vs guys at the same school they started at.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ObjectiveIUFan said:

Now this is the story I'd love to hear...

It's been mentioned many times that Woody was not Dolson's choice and that he was basically forced to hire him by the board including Buckner and others and that part of his hiring had to include Matta and Fife etc. But the Woody stuff is a well beaten, ripped to shreds, dead horse. 

55 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I will neither confirm nor deny 

52 minutes ago, Kdug said:

That’s simply not true. 2 of the 5 consensus 1st team all Americans and 3 of the 5 consensus 2nd team all Americans last year were transfers. It was literally a 50-50 split in terms of transfers vs guys at the same school they started at.

The best players are still found in HS.  They play for a year (maybe two) and then go to the NBA.  You can of course still find good players in the portal, but focusing so exclusively on the portal ensures that you are cutting yourself off from a portion of what I would label the best players.  Even if you disagree with that, you yourself are saying you cut yourself off from at least half of the best players.

It is a stupid approach.

• Like 2