2025 SG Braylon Mullins Commits to UCONN

KDB

Just now, DC2345 said:

You're right. The product has gone down at IU. Not so much other schools that have head coaches that now how to recruit and consistently put together a balanced roster.  

I am talking about the product of college basketball as a whole. The game is so far worse now than it was from the 80's-2000

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Believe what you want if it makes you feel better. 

If you are on the Inside of the basketball program why are you on here spouting off about the coach. You should be fired if that is the case. Just because you get third or fourth hand info doesn't make it correct either

Just now, IU Scott said:

If you are on the Inside of the basketball program why are you on here spouting off about the coach. You should be fired if that is the case. Just because you get third or fourth hand info doesn't make it correct either

Oh I'm not inside the basketball program. I'm just lucky enough to actually know about a lot of what has gone on and why IU is in the mess that it is with the lack of HS recruiting success. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Oh I'm not inside the basketball program. I'm just lucky enough to actually know about a lot of what has gone on and why IU is in the mess that it is with the lack of HS recruiting success. 

I get being upset about Mullins and Harrelson but it isn't the end of the world as well. I am to.the point I am tired of these entitled kids and if they don't want to be here then don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I get being upset about Mullins and Harrelson but it isn't the end of the world as well. I am to.the point I am tired of these entitled kids and if they don't want to be here then don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.

I don't think I'd call those kids entitled. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

I agree some people might not always believe everything I say but I can tell you I don't just make stuff up. 

I just don't believe what some random people say on a message board and take it as gospel.  I or anyone on here can come on here and say anything we want but it doesn't mean it is true.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I don't think I'd call those kids entitled. 

Most if not all athletes think they are entitled 

My team has a on the court and the season is about to start so worry about the players who chose to come to IU

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just don't believe what some random people say on a message board and take it as gospel.  I or anyone on here can come on here and say anything we want but it doesn't mean it is true.

I wouldn't take anything as gospel either. I just share things I hear from VERY reliable sources as I have for years. Sure every athlete has some level of entitled but to call them entitled and say that's why Woodson didn't get them isn't fair or accurate. 

• Like 2

I'm sure Woody has some HS recruiting flaws based on some of the misses. But just spitballing, I do think HS recruiting is a bit "different" these days, mostly for the worst and the reason you're seeing guys like Bennett bow out. Woody might not be a great recruiter but he's done pretty well and he's gotten guys into the league. If you really wanted to go to IU, what's the worst thing that can happen (especially considering you're most likely going to be very well compensated)? They fire him and get a new "better" coach? You transfer? That's what I don't get about these kids who supposedly "love" IU. There's no guarantees no matter where you go EXCEPT if you go to IU you're automatically a semi legend by just putting on the pinstripes and nowadays you'll make a very good chunk of change. You don't even have to be good/great. I do not believe Woody or the program somehow stunts your growth as a basketball player. Those who have left have not gone on to do better things. But I am not an insider or a recruit. But if I wanted to play at IU, I would just go. If the NBA is your dream, your own hard work is more important than the head coach not recruiting you hard enough. Going to UCONN versus IU is not getting you into the NBA faster. NBA teams are not restructuring their entire offensive system to get the 18th pick better looks. They'll pick guys who they think will fit. And if Braylon is a shooter, IU gives guys a TON of open looks, they just seemingly haven't had the shooters in the past few seasons to knock them down or even take them. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So let me sum this last two pages up. When we land studs (Mgbako, Tucker, Renau, portal studs, Sisley, JHS,etc....) it's the assistants and NIL….but when we miss on similar studs it's on Woodson. Do I have this right?

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh... and since UCONN will be the choice later tonight. Braylon's dad comes off as a complete douche. 

Been well documented but have bit my tongue. Kids are off limits for the most part but parents? He's in a category that doesn't fit well in Greenfield. Carmel...like the McRoberts clan sure...but you'd think someone from a small town would still be pretty well grounded. Guess not. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I wouldn't take anything as gospel either. I just share things I hear from VERY reliable sources as I have for years. Sure every athlete has some level of entitled but to call them entitled and say that's why Woodson didn't get them isn't fair or accurate. 

I didn't say that was why we lost them but I just hate that the kissing these kids ass 24/7 is now required 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

If you live off the portal every single year to fill half your roster then you're playing with fire. 

This is why I don’t want the only portal approach like some. I think the portal all star approach is going to work out okay this year, but it feels like a year to year thing that could lead to some roller coaster action one season to the next. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So let me sum this last two pages up. When we land studs (Mgbako, Tucker, Renau, portal studs, Sisley, JHS,etc....) it's the assistants....but when we miss on similar studs it's on Woodson. Do I have this right?

That's not what was 

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This is why I don’t want the only portal approach like some. I think the portal all star approach is going to work out okay this year, but it feels like a year to year thing that could lead to some roller coaster action one season to the next. 

Personally I just don't really see the difference. HS kids can leave after a year just like anyone else. If you think the drawn out recruiting process somehow vets the personality of the kid or his ability, I suppose that would be the benefit. But what's really the difference between recruiting a high school kid (one and done? two and done?) versus recruiting a sophomore, junior or senior who may or may not play one, two, three years four years? I really don't fundamentally see why it matters unless you are literally replacing the entire roster every year. I really think the best approach is getting a couple of high school kids and then using the portal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Personally I just don't really see the difference. HS kids can leave after a year just like anyone else. If you think the drawn out recruiting process somehow vets the personality of the kid or his ability, I suppose that would be the benefit. But what's really the difference between recruiting a high school kid (one and done? two and done?) versus recruiting a sophomore, junior or senior who may or may not play one, two, three years four years? I really don't fundamentally see why it matters unless you are literally replacing the entire roster every year. I really think the best approach is getting a couple of high school kids and then using the portal. 

We are very interested in Indiana this year and I know we aren't the only athletic department that is very curious as to how it will turn out.

6 hours ago, Maedhros said:

That was the intel a few months back, that Braylon liked UConn but the distance was prohibitive. The chatter since has been that Braylon got comfortable with the idea of being away from home, and the family's concerns over distance were ameliorated by the UConn staff.

I don't think your guy lied to you, I think he relayed the truth as he heard it, whenever that was. Probably it's old news, though, and not the current situation. I would be surprised for Braylon's dad to be spoiling his kid's decision just days before the announcement.

Makes sense… wondering if my acquaintance has lost track of time. 😂 Bc he said he spoke to Braylon’s Dad a couple days ago. Maybe he meant a couple “months”. Didn’t mean to get any hopes up. I was questioning it as well. 

• Like 1