2025 SG Braylon Mullins Commits to UCONN

KDB

On 10/17/2024 at 7:01 PM, IUDan93 said:

I think IU Football is proof that you can have success with heavy transfer portal turnover. It's not where you get the players, it's what you do with them. This year will likely provide the answer to the single important question: Can CMW win?

Exactly! I think we already know the answer to that but I guess we will see for sure soon. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2024 at 8:23 PM, 5fouls said:

The reality is that some of the opinions on here about this situation are not really  opinions about this situation at all.  They are agenda driven posts to push a narrative either for or against Woodson.

We could go undefeated this season and those that have an agenda against Woodson would use his age to complain about the future, or call his portal success unsustainable.

Those that support Woodson would still find ways to deflect the blame if IU goes 17-15 this season and misses the tourney yet again.

How about this approach.  Let the season play out.  Be happy if we do well and unhappy if we dont.  It's kind of silly to get all worked up about something without seeing how it plays out first.

Probably the biggest issue I have as a sports fan. Just can't take the chill pill sometimes.

32 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I spoke to a guy tonight that speaks with Braylon’s dad often. Said he talked to him a couple days ago and his dad said that IU was the front runner, Braylon wants to stay home. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

@DC2345 you sure we’re out of this? I have no idea, just passing along what I was told. 

That would go against everything that has been said locally and nationally. Anything is possible and I hope for the best but I doubt that is correct 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That would go against everything that has been said locally and nationally. Anything is possible and I hope for the best but I doubt that is correct 

Well aware….. what I do know is that the guy talks to his Dad. Smokescreen maybe… Or the wrong narrative has been getting thrown out on purpose… who knows. 

44 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I spoke to a guy tonight that speaks with Braylon’s dad often. Said he talked to him a couple days ago and his dad said that IU was the front runner, Braylon wants to stay home. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

@DC2345 you sure we’re out of this? I have no idea, just passing along what I was told. 

I love this! Fire this thread back up!! But seriously, what's this guy's relationship to his dad? You can be semi vague like "friend" "workmate" "neighbor" etc. 

1 minute ago, 94hoosier said:

Just when I was out in this thread. Now i’m back in

I know nothing. Just telling what I was told. Don’t know why this guy would lie or know why Dad would tell somebody that if it wasn’t accurate. Unless he’s trying to throw some intrigue into what people think they already know. These guys talk regularly so doubt he would blatantly lie to him. 

25 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I love this! Fire this thread back up!! But seriously, what's this guy's relationship to his dad? You can be semi vague like "friend" "workmate" "neighbor" etc. 

The guy I know is just an acquaintance / friend of a friend, wouldn’t really call him a friend of mine.  I don’t know the connection, but will certainly ask. Apparently talks to Dad often (most recently two days ago), and his exact words were “Dad said Indiana is the front runner”. Then said, “he wants to stay home”. I don’t know why he would lie, but based on everything out there it’s hard to believe. That’s why I was asking DC for clarification. Maybe something had changed. At least I’m hoping!

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I still think the local school….especially IU is hard to turn down 

If your an NBA player it will show 

7 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

I still think the local school….especially IU is hard to turn down 

If your an NBA player it will show 

I wouldn't have even been mad to lose him to Purdue. At least I can respect the coaches there.

I just can buy Danny Hurley. Dude was crap for for 4 years there and now all of a sudden they can't lose? Something Fishy is going on.

10 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

That was the intel a few months back, that Braylon liked UConn but the distance was prohibitive. The chatter since has been that Braylon got comfortable with the idea of being away from home, and the family's concerns over distance were ameliorated by the UConn staff.

I don't think your guy lied to you, I think he relayed the truth as he heard it, whenever that was. Probably it's old news, though, and not the current situation. I would be surprised for Braylon's dad to be spoiling his kid's decision just days before the announcement.

• Like 2

peegs seems to think otherwise.  Maybe a change of heart or IU is truly keeping this one vetted close.  I've moved on.  We are a football school now! lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

peegs seems to think otherwise.  Maybe a change of heart or IU is truly keeping this one vetted close.  I've moved on.  We are a football school now! lol

...right? lol

I spend 95% of my time on the IU Football side of this board these days.... It's refreshingly different and enjoyable. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IU isn't the front runner. I can tell you that. He's going to UCONN. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1