2025 SG Braylon Mullins Commits to UCONN

KDB

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I know this sounds funny and probably not true but sometimes I feel rankings are based on who offers you.

Oh after following recruiting in FB and Basketball for almost 30 years YES it’s a huge factor.

18 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I know this sounds funny and probably not true but sometimes I feel rankings are based on who offers you.

It's definitely true. Some of the rankers don't really know what they are ranking and they believe college coaches do so they let them do some of the work for them.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It's definitely true. Some of the rankers don't really know what they are ranking and they believe college coaches do so they let them do some of the work for them.  

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Ridiculous

Absolutely agree.  Lazy too.  I think it's time to resurrect Ivan Renko.

17 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

People seem to think this is in reference to Mullins, FWIW.

2582D1CE-F7C8-4D0F-AD8D-AAA83EA7C8BF.png

Apparently a reliable trilly poster alluded to it. It’s probably just another person hearing good things, seems to be the common theme lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue what it means or doesn't but that kid sounded Indiana all winter and spring long...despite some of the folks banging on CMW. 

That’s correct. IU has been and continues to be the leader. He hasn’t committed and will be taking unofficial visits. Things look very good though as of now. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

@KDBwhats new with this kid. you are all i need to read in this tread.

Don't think there's any big updates. He has a lot of visits coming up that will help shake out who's a real contender and who's not. IU will be in it until the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Didn’t they change the rules so that now recruits can take as many official visits as they want?🤷‍♂️

Yes, as many as you want, but only one per school...

53 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Let’s be honest, if any of us started rolling in the offers he is, we’d take all the visits too.  I have no inside info but it doesn’t scare me.  

Absolutely...like a travel club 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

at some point, one kid will make it their mission to get an official visit to every single school

"Son, Hawaii and Pepperdine are solid schools with a rich basketball history." 

🙂

• Haha 2