Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

am I reading that we have the best defense efficiency? 🧐

48 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I think everybody who has played Rutgers has a defensive efficiency in the green. jk.

Yeah, the opponent really matters. IU was fortunate to get MD and Rutg, who can't shoot, OSU and MN during a dreadful cold shooting stretch of games and MI after traveling back from an OT game at ORE. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

It's a strange mish-mash of home court records and venue aesthetics. How could the Kohl Center be 9th in a list of home court advantage?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's a strange mish-mash of home court records and venue aesthetics. How could the Kohl Center be 9th in a list of home court advantage?

Because they didn't take into account the refs. That would put them in the top 5.

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2024 at 11:41 AM, Artesian_86 said:

Why is that crazy? Opposing conference coaches routinely pick Purdue as the toughest place to play. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why is that crazy? Opposing conference coaches routinely pick Purdue as the toughest place to play. 

But that wasn't his criteria (not sure what his criteria was). He had Wisconsin #9, but says, "Wisconsin’s home arena isn’t the only Big Ten venue with ice under the basketball court — Ohio State has the same setup — but the Badgers manage to have the chilliest on-court experience in the conference. Maybe that’s part of the reason why Wisconsin has been nearly unbeatable in Madison, Wis., with a home record of 326-57 in the combined Bo Ryan and Greg Gard eras.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

But that wasn't his criteria (not sure what his criteria was). He had Wisconsin #9, but says, "Wisconsin’s home arena isn’t the only Big Ten venue with ice under the basketball court — Ohio State has the same setup — but the Badgers manage to have the chilliest on-court experience in the conference. Maybe that’s part of the reason why Wisconsin has been nearly unbeatable in Madison, Wis., with a home record of 326-57 in the combined Bo Ryan and Greg Gard eras.

Intefesting lol. 

Family met a bunch of Refs in Hawaii hanging by the pool including Kelly Pfiefer who did Purdue @ IU last year 

Said it was the best home court environment he’s ever reffed in…

My Brother in law said “seems like you guys got caught up in the wave of emotion”

He just laughed “like I said, it was an incredible environment”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Of course he will. Unless he wants to piss off a federal judge and lose another lawsuit.

There’s no way a coach would lose a lawsuit for not playing a player. He will play him because he’ll help him win and now the school isn’t suspending him, but he could not play him if he really wanted to. Not saying he should or shot play him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kdug said:

There’s no way a coach would lose a lawsuit for not playing a player. He will play him because he’ll help him win and now the school isn’t suspending him, but he could not play him if he really wanted to. Not saying he should or shot play him.

This is a sticky situation.  To me, it screams of his innocence.  If they play him, knowing the story and likely evidence or lack of evidence,  it would also speak to what they believe his innocence or guilt may be.  If he turns out guilty after they play him.  I can't even wrap my head around it.  Illinois will join rape u, msu and psu.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

10 hours ago, Kdug said:

Well it wouldn't be the coach but the school. The court ruled the school had denied him due process which was causing him irreparable harm (NIL/NBA chances) by not being allowed to play. So not playing him would be effectively furthering that "harm". Anyway, he's going to play because they think the allegations are flimsy at best.

2 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Well it wouldn't be the coach but the school. The court ruled the school had denied him due process which was causing him irreparable harm (NIL/NBA chances) by not being allowed to play. So not playing him would be effectively furthering that "harm". Anyway, he's going to play because they think the allegations are flimsy at best.

I do think you’re correct, but devils advocate…

DNP - coaches decision would be pretty dang hard to sue someone for. It isn’t like Illinois hasn’t been playing great without him, so it would be pretty hard to rule against the school doing what is best to win games. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I do think you’re correct, but devils advocate…

DNP - coaches decision would be pretty dang hard to sue someone for. It isn’t like Illinois hasn’t been playing great without him, so it would be pretty hard to rule against the school doing what is best to win games. 

Like I said, it's a moot point because he's going to play. 

And I've heard he may be planning to sue the school anyway, so....?

Just now, BruceDouglas said:

Like I said, it's a moot point because he's going to play. 

And I've heard he may be planning to sue the school anyway, so....?

Hmm, I would advise him against that if he’s going to play anyway and he is convinced of his innocence.

He’s going to have a lot of money soon, it may be better to just move on and not going after the school. My $.02.