Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

Interesting. I kind of hope this was the case because it gives me hope for this Spring, but I’m not sure I buy it. Maybe, PG’s would be threatened by X, but Woody showed last year that he’s more than willing to play 2 ball handlers at the same time. 

And, I love Gallo, but I’m not sure anybody is scared of him. 

And even if this was the case, all of this happened before Mgbako was in the picture, so we were still short a few shooters/wings. You can’t tell me anybody was scared of Banks or Gunn. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Interesting. I kind of hope this was the case because it gives me hope for this Spring, but I’m not sure I buy it. Maybe, PG’s would be threatened by X, but Woody showed last year that he’s more than willing to play 2 ball handlers at the same time. 

And, I love Gallo, but I’m not sure anybody is scared of him. 

And even if this was the case, all of this happened before Mgbako was in the picture, so we were still short a few shooters/wings. You can’t tell me anybody was scared of Banks or Gunn. 

We were all in on Knecht, and made the final 2...Some thought we had him...

Think what a difference he would have made in this team...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

We were all in on Knect, and made the final 2...Some thought we had him...

Think what a difference he would have made in this team...

Just realized I didn’t post this in the right thread, but oh well. 

I agree about Knecht on offense. 

I wish I could see into a parallel universe though. I am curious if Woody would give him as much freedom as Barnes does. He definitely has a green light in TN and they play so much more differently than we do. Knecht has a lot of space to drive and he doesn't need to be set in order to get off his shot….it keeps his defenders off balance. I’d love to have a weapon like that in our arsenal. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

After shooting 61% from 3 against Purdue, Nebraska shot a sizzling 15% tonight against that vaunted Iowa defense lol. Pretty wild. 

Sounds like you caught the Hoosier virus….if it makes you feel any better you play us next…it takes us 3 games to hit 14 3s…61%…we can’t even do that from the free throw line…so you should be pretty safe!

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Business as usual in Madison...

PFs

Northwestern 24 11-15 from the line

Wisconsin 16 20-25 from the line

Wiscy has to be the conference favorite now. Very favorable schedule. 5 of their next 6 road games are PSU, MN, MI RUT and IA. Don’t play at NW or IL

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sounds like you caught the Hoosier virus….if it makes you feel any better you play us next…it takes us 3 games to hit 14 3s…61%…we can’t even do that from the free throw line…so you should be pretty safe!

Knowing our road luck lately I fully expect you guys to be raining down from 3 lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Wiscy has to be the conference favorite now. Very favorable schedule. 5 of their next 6 road games are PSU, MN, MI RUT and IA. Don’t play at NW or IL

I would like nothing better than to go into Madison and steal one

• Like 1