Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, I have worked through tough times.

Yes, I have not thrown up my hands and stopped supporting something in the past.

Now you try answering my question. 

Yes I purport not enabling.

No, I don’t give up on them. And I try to encourage them to make better decisions if they want my opinion 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, that’s the attitude a fan base should have? We suck , so let’s pile on? 
I’m tired of it and I am gonna let the world know about it? 

Not sure how old you are, but have you ever worked through tough times? Have you ever gone through times and not thrown up your hands and said “your lucky I support you?”

Not sure doing the exact same thing is good way to work through it

If fans see subbing 4 players at once doesn’t work why can’t the coaches ?

play hard 

play smart 

play(represent) IU 

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure how old you are, but have you ever worked through tough times? Have you ever gone through times and not thrown up your hands and said “your lucky I support you?”

I don't understand why you are so annoyed.  Most of the criticism has been constructive and in the case of the analytics discussion (like the thread you were posting "yawn" in), the criticism has been backed by numbers.  People aren't just saying "We suck".  They are saying, "We aren't playing well and based off of this support, it appears there is a really apparent way we can improve so why aren't we doing that?"

If the stubbornness continues and this really goes off the rails, the real boo birds will start to pop up.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe I'm looking for things to be grumpy about, but, to me, that's pretty disrespectful on Woodson's part.  As a coach, you should know the name and number of every player on the team you're playing against that night.  To not know, or at least pretend to not know, the name of a player that will likely be all-conference is disrespectful.

it also may be considered disrespectful to assume Woodson didnt remember his name. Coaches often refer to other players by their numbers etc. Doesn't necessarily mean he forgot. 

I think we are getting a bit nitpicky here.

I am starting to wonder if Woodson could tie his shoes without criticism. Not saying he doesn't deserve any, because he does, but geez.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Year 7 of Holtmann

Highest finish in B1G was 2nd in his 1st year. Average finish is around 6th and has never made it past the 2nd rd.

I was at the IU-Ohio State game and my thought at the end of that game was I wouldn’t be happy if I was an Ohio State fan.  Led by close to 10 points in the second half, outrebounded them 49-27, and still found a way to lose?  Pretty remarkable.

3 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

I was at the IU-Ohio State game and my thought at the end of that game was I wouldn’t be happy if I was an Ohio State fan.  Led by close to 10 points in the second half, outrebounded them 49-27, and still found a way to lose?  Pretty remarkable.

Yup, watching them collapse against a Wisky last night look familiar to the IU game 

13 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Year 7 of Holtmann

Highest finish in B1G was 2nd in his 1st year. Average finish is around 6th and has never made it past the 2nd rd.

Archie Miller, Chris Holtmann and Brad Underwood were hired into the B1G the same year. Most "experts" thought Archie was a lock, but a significant % really liked Holtmann. Yet as of now, Underwood has been the most successful. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Year 7 of Holtmann

Sounds like he would be the perfect coach to replace Woodson. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 hours ago, ledies22 said:
    • it also may be considered disrespectful to assume Woodson didnt remember his name. Coaches often refer to other players by their numbers etc. Doesn't necessarily mean he forgot. 
    • I think we are getting a bit nitpicky here.
    • I am starting to wonder if Woodson could tie his shoes without criticism. Not saying he doesn't deserve any, because he does, but geez.

To clarify, he didn't refer to him by his number.  The quote I was referencing was where Woodson called him 'the little guard'.  

Think about it this way.  If, back in the day, Tom Izzo or Matt Painter were talking about Yogi. 

Rank for me how you would have liked those coaches to refer to him.  Assume the quote was "We got beat. 'Blank' really torched us tonight".  Insert one of the following for 'Blank'.

• Yogi
  • Ferrell
  • Kevin 'Yogi' Ferrell (shout-out to Sean Morris)
  • The Little Guard

If you're not okay with Izzo or Painter calling Yogi 'The Little Guard', then you can't be okay with Woodson referring to Tominaga that way.  

We can support Woodson without defending him in situations where he is clearly wrong.  

•   
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:
  •  

To clarify, he didn't refer to him by his number.  The quote I was referencing was where Woodson called him 'the little guard'.  

Think about it this way.  If, back in the day, Tom Izzo or Matt Painter were talking about Yogi. 

Rank for me how you would have liked those coaches to refer to him.  Assume the quote was "We got beat. 'Blank' really torched us tonight".  Insert one of the following for 'Blank'.

• Yogi
  • Ferrell
  • The Little Guard

If you're not okay with Izzo or Painter calling Yogi 'The Little Guard', then you can't be okay with Woodson referring to Tominaga that way.  

We can support Woodson without defending him in situations where he is clearly wrong.  

•   

We can also call BS on something that's really insignificant...

You guys that want to rake Woody over the coals for any little thing are really something...The guy has done more for Indiana University than all of you combined, and the level of disrespect he receives from some of you is staggering...

Non issue, and it really looks petty when you pursue it...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You guys that want to rake Woody over the coals for any little thing are really something...The guy has done more for Indiana University than all of you combined, and the level of disrespect he receives from some of you is staggering...

Raking him over the coals?  I said it was disrespectful.  End of topic as far as I was concerned.

If an opposing coach had called Yogi 'The Little Guard', you would have been the first one on this board posting about it. 

Hypocrisy or Pettiness?  I'll take Pettiness every day of the week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:
  •  

• Yogi
  • Ferrell
  • The Little Guard

•   

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I legitimately would not care if another coach had called Yogi the little guard, because he was a little guard. It’s the same thing as calling someone big fella. If anyone gets upset at that, they’re just looking for something to be upset about.

There’s plenty to criticize Woodson for with this year’s team, but criticizing him for that quote is beyond absurd.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Raking him over the coals?  I said it was disrespectful.  End of topic as far as I was concerned.

If an opposing coach had called Yogi 'The Little Guard', you would have been the first one on this board posting about it. 

I wouldn't have given it a second thought to be honest...

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:
  •  

• Yogi
  • Ferrell
  • The Little Guard

•   

Honestly, I don't really care. I think it's trivial. 

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He should have called him The Samurai, the way he carved us up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Sounds like he would be the perfect coach to replace Woodson. :coffee:

I don't get it.  if this was sarcasm I helped you.  If this was a joke, let yourself out and go work on better material.  If this is serious, we can no longer have the proud claim of smartest fans in the country.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No offense, not trying to argue with you or be disrespectful, but you didn’t answer any of my questions. 

This fan base has stuck around through a lot of shit in the last 30 years. I think we’ve earned the right to complain, vent, etc. If you don’t care enough to do any of those things, you don’t have to participate. I’m not criticizing you, nor do I care. And I do follow everything, attend games, and spend my money…. It doesn’t control my life, but it matters to me. So again, are you picking a fight here?

I’m 42 years old and sure I have. You’d have to ask more specific questions for more details. Not sure what your last sentence means. It doesn’t really make sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't get it.  if this was sarcasm I helped you.  If this was a joke, let yourself out and go work on better material.  If this is serious, we can no longer have the proud claim of smartest fans in the country.  

It was sarcasm and thank you for the help. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ledies22 said:

it also may be considered disrespectful to assume Woodson didnt remember his name. Coaches often refer to other players by their numbers etc. Doesn't necessarily mean he forgot. 

I think we are getting a bit nitpicky here.

I am starting to wonder if Woodson could tie his shoes without criticism. Not saying he doesn't deserve any, because he does, but geez.

You didn't watch/listen to it, did you? 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Outsdie of a few folks, everyone who criticizes Woodson also praises him when appropriate. Check out the Ohio State postgame - he got a lot of praise.

If you think it's unfair to rake him over the coals, I think it's unfair that you are unwilling to ever admit he is anything less than perfect. You think he is unquestionable in his basketball acumen and his leadership, so much so that you'll completely throw the players and the program under the bus to defend him.

I love IU a hell of a lot more than I love Mike Woodson and if I'm going to pick a side about what each is capable of my alma mater is going to win every time. 

• Like 2