Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's just a reality of age...

I'm sure you've forgotten stuff before, and you're what? Mid 30s?

I don’t think it’s quite the same as what you’re describing. And there are coaches older than Woodson who wouldn’t forget something due to age.

I don’t think it’s too extreme to say if someone starts showing signs of mental decline they shouldn’t be leading things anymore. I’m not convinced that’s what is at play here with Woodson at all, but if that’s what you think I’m not sure why you’d think he’s best suited for the job. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think it’s quite the same as what you’re describing. And there are coaches older than Woodson who wouldn’t forget something due to age.

I don’t think it’s too extreme to say if someone starts showing signs of mental decline they shouldn’t be leading things anymore. I’m not convinced that’s what is at play here with Woodson at all, but if that’s what you think I’m not sure why you’d think he’s best suited for the job. 

You're stretching...

Just now, KoB2011 said:

To be clear, I don’t think he forgot his name because of mental decline due to age. 

I know, I was just being sarcastic. But honestly, if they spent a week preparing for Nebraska, Woodson shouldn’t have forgotten Tominaga’s name. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Credit to Nebraska and Freddy

3 or 4 of the 3’s were bad defense but the rest were insane 

They are a fun team to watch 💯

They shot 50% fgs, 62% 3s and 84% fts.  Impressive.   

9 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

CMW inherited TJD at a blue blood program with every advantage as I am reminded over cow colleges like Ames & West Lafayette 

Did you watch that high post offense last night?  Poetry in motion!  Needed that to wash away taste of Rutgers rock fight 

Did you watch the bench…those Huskers are a tight bunch 

I’d take some of their less-“athletically” talented guys which have good  BB IQ’, rather than guys more interested in looping slam dunks. That translates to 6yr senior leaders that grab nuts.  🥜 

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You're stretching...

I’m not stretching. I don’t think he is mentally declining, I just don’t think someone who is mentally declining should be leading something. That doesn’t just apply to basketball. 

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I know, I was just being sarcastic. But honestly, if they spent a week preparing for Nebraska, Woodson shouldn’t have forgotten Tominaga’s name. 

Right. Plus they should be studying Big Ten teams in the offseason.

Tominaga’s name should’ve been engrained in his head. 

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am 66 and I rarely forget a thing… but, is this a place where I am supposed to come to support IU, or did I stumble onto the multiple places that want to tear the program down?

So supporting IU can only mean what you define it to mean?

• Confused 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

And… there you go. I didn’t single out anyone on this topic but you chose to do so. Trying not to make this site decisive 

I never took it as being singled out, but I think almost everyone supports IU on this site with the few exceptions of opposing fans.

So why do you get to decide what support means? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I never took it as being singled out, but I think almost everyone supports IU on this site with the few exceptions of opposing fans.

So why do you get to decide what support means? 

Give me a break. I don’t decide anything. 

Can’t someone make an observation without it becoming an argument? An issue? 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am 66 and I rarely forget a thing… but, is this a place where I am supposed to come to support IU, or did I stumble onto the multiple places that want to tear the program down?

You’re obviously free to post whatever you like within the rules, but what’s your goal here? To start an argument? We suck, and people that care are angry and tired of it. If you don’t want to vent on here, then don’t. But you really think any of us have anything to do with where the program is today or “tearing it down” any further. Indiana University is lucky it has as many fans that still care. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You’re obviously free to post whatever you like within the rules, but what’s your goal here? To start an argument? We suck, and people that care are angry and tired of it. If you don’t want to vent on here, then don’t. But you really think any of us have anything to do with where the program is today or “tearing it down” any further. Indiana University is lucky it has as many fans that still care. 

So, that’s the attitude a fan base should have? We suck , so let’s pile on? 
I’m tired of it and I am gonna let the world know about it? 

Not sure how old you are, but have you ever worked through tough times? Have you ever gone through times and not thrown up your hands and said “your lucky I support you?”

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, that’s the attitude a fan base should have? We suck , so let’s pile on? 
I’m tired of it and I am gonna let the world know about it? 

Not sure how old you are, but have you ever worked through tough times? Have you ever gone through times and not thrown up your hands and said “your lucky I support you?”

Using the people analogy, when you see someone you love continue to make bad decisions and not take accountability do you keep enabling them? Or do you get frustrated and voice the fact that they need to stop making bad decisions?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Using the people analogy, when you see someone you love continue to make bad decisions and not take accountability do you keep enabling them? Or do you get frustrated and voice the fact that they need to stop making bad decisions?

Nice job of avoiding the question 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nice job of avoiding the question 

Yes, I have worked through tough times.

Yes, I have not thrown up my hands and stopped supporting something in the past.

Now you try answering my question.