Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll ask.  I play cards once a month with a guy who is related to wife of Trent Green....Goode's uncle/aunt,etc...He was telling me this a few weeks ago but just like with anything these days with the portal you never know.

I don't think IU would have an interest with who we have coming in, coming back,etc...

I’d be interested to hear that. Hopefully it would be. Not offering him out of high school was a mistake that a lot of people noticed. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Still better than the IU “what is a Hoosier” add….its f’n terrible!

They should have answered with this

"The poet James Whitcomb Riley facetiously suggested that the fierce brawling that took place in Indiana involved enough biting that the expression "Whose ear?" became notable. This arose from or inspired the story of two 19th-century French immigrants brawling in a tavern in the foothills of southern Indiana. One was cut and a third Frenchman walked in to see an ear on the dirt floor of the tavern, prompting him to slur out "Whosh ear?""

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Minnesota is really weird. For 5 minutes they look like my local men's league and the next five minutes they look like the best team in the nation.

Yep.  I watched them play Missouri and i thought ut oh.  B1G is loaded if they are the worst team.  Only to wake up to them blowing the lead and losing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Oh Lord here come the Purdue apologists.

What I don’t get is why they care so much. It’s the cold hard truth, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s one of the best college players because he’s gifted in the fact that he’s massively tall without being a twig.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BGleas said:

🤣🤣

That's hilarious and while I think he's pretty fundamentally sound, I think it's a tough debate to deny that his height is a much larger factor in his overall effectiveness than it is for almost all other players.

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But don't you have to separate "production" from "skills"?

Does Edey "produce"? Yes, he certainly does.

Does he possess a bevy of "skills"? Not that I've seen on display. He has a soft touch around the basket, and knows how to gain leverage and position with his elbows and shoulders...

But can he handle the ball as well as, say, Kel'el Ware? No... Can he dribble drive beyond 2 dribbles? Not that I've ever seen. Can he shoot from outside in game conditions? Never seen that, despite @Stlboiler23's contention that his FT % (70%) makes it likely he would be. Can he guard on the perimeter? Again, not that I've ever seen. He's slightly more mobile than my gun safe (when it's full 🙂) and doesn't move very well laterally... 

Kel'el can do all those things...

Which is why, if he maintains consistency, Ware will be at best a lottery pick, at worst a 1st rounder...

In my opinion, Edey's best chance of getting drafted is if Canada gets in a war... 

No disrespect, but if he wants to continue to play ball, he’ll need a passport.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

But don't you have to separate "production" from "skills"?

Does Edey "produce"? Yes, he certainly does.

Does he possess a bevy of "skills"? Not that I've seen on display. He has a soft touch around the basket, and knows how to gain leverage and position with his elbows and shoulders...

But can he handle the ball as well as, say, Kel'el Ware? No... Can he dribble drive beyond 2 dribbles? Not that I've ever seen. Can he shoot from outside in game conditions? Never seen that, despite @Stlboiler23's contention that his FT % (70%) makes it likely he would be. Can he guard on the perimeter? Again, not that I've ever seen. He's slightly more mobile than my gun safe (when it's full 🙂) and doesn't move very well laterally... 

Kel'el can do all those things...

Which is why, if he maintains consistency, Ware will be at best a lottery pick, at worst a 1st rounder...

In my opinion, Edey's best chance of getting drafted is if Canada gets in a war... 

recruiting rankings ….400+ to 7?

Both players fit their programs 

Happy Zach is a Boilermaker