Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

Watching Wisconsin vs MSU got me wondering, what happened to Connor Essegian and Xavier Booker? Essegian got in for 1 minute so far and I haven’t seen Booker get in at all yet. Haven’t followed either team very closely, but Essegian was good last year, and Booker had a lot of hype coming into the year.

Edited by Kdug

12 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Watching Wisconsin vs MSU got me wondering, what happened to Connor Essegian and Xavier Booker? Essegian got in for 1 minute so far and I haven’t seen Booker get in at all yet. Haven’t followed either team very closely, but Essegian was good last year, and Booker had a lot of hype coming into the year.

Mentioned in one of these threads Essegian is probably portal bound. Probably like another Fort Wayne comrade in the Big 10.

Booker seeing zero minutes. I think we've discussed in this thread. No surprise so far. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Mentioned in one of these threads Essegian is probably portal bound. Probably like another Fort Wayne comrade in the Big 10.

Booker seeing zero minutes. I think we've discussed in this thread. No surprise so far. 

Who would the other Fort Wayne player be, Furst?, Goode

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I must've missed that, Essegian in particular caught me off guard. Looks like he's even been passed by a freshman guard on the depth chart. Not sure if he'd transfer for a bench role, but I'd love having him on IU as a 15-20 minutes per game guard off the bench. Booker not playing is interesting to me. Sissoko and Cooper don't look that great, so Booker must really not be ready.

MSU in general looks like a pretty mediocre team so far. Wisconsin on the other hand looks really improved from last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

That would surprise me. He seems like he’s done pretty well there. 

Any idea if IU would be a player for either?

I'll ask.  I play cards once a month with a guy who is related to wife of Trent Green....Goode's uncle/aunt,etc...He was telling me this a few weeks ago but just like with anything these days with the portal you never know.

I don't think IU would have an interest with who we have coming in, coming back,etc...

5 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I’m not an insider on this but Furst has a freshman brother on team 

I would 100% include IU in this statement…play 30 minutes on a lesser team/program or be the 8th man on a Big Ten powerhouse? 

He'd be a reserve at IU too.  That front court is at least as crowded as Turdue's.  If he were a guard, different story.

Edited by FKIM01

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Going to bring this up again. Xavier Booker. 5 star McDonald's All American not seeing the court at all...especially at a position of need for Sparty. I mean it has to be personal at this point because Booker is better than the backups I watch for Sparty.

Better in high school or college? High school? Sure, I'll buy that. College? Not really. He's been terrible when he's played.

• Like 2