Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

On 6/6/2024 at 4:07 PM, IU Scott said:

If you haven't noticed things had changed since that time. Today's kids don't care about history or tradition all they care is money and if you can get them to the NBA. So are you saying Edey didn't make a lot of money last year. I don't really like it but things are never going back to the way it used to be so we have to move on with this system.

You are saying there aren’t great high school players who actually want an education at the flag ship school in the state, conference…..entire Midwest?

Edey wasn’t allowed NIL in USA but got paid when they played in Toronto 

Or was paid under the table like the good ole days 

6 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

BYU 💰 

No sex or Mountain Dew but plenty of mountains 🏔️ 

Purdue is the only school not 💰. You can continue to use that as sour grapes, but I don't see it boding well, as Purdue will be left in the dust, or i guess, hypocritical 

BYU > Purdue: fields, wind farms, and sex with livestock. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

You are saying there aren’t great high school players who actually want an education at the flag ship school in the state, conference…..entire Midwest?

Edey wasn’t allowed NIL in USA but got paid when they played in Toronto 

Maybe  a 3 star player from your state who knows they aren't playing pro ball. Anyone else will go where they fit the best and a coach they think will get them to the league. Also it is about the most$$$$$$$

Just now, ledies22 said:

Purdue is the only school not 💰. You can continue to use that as sour grapes, but I don't see it boding well, as Purdue will be left in the dust, or i guess, hypocritical 

BYU > Purdue: fields, wind farms, and sex with livestock. 

I guess boosters have owned SEC football for years…always thought the Big Ten was above that 

Just now, Purdue7 said:

I guess boosters have owned SEC football for years…always thought the Big Ten was above that 

Sure they were LOL! You really think OSU and UM didn't have boosters taking care of their football players 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sure they were LOL! You really think OSU and UM didn't have boosters taking care of their football players 

Not like Auburn or Bama….LSU

O$U is the closest with Urban Meyer 

Big Ten used to have a gentleman’s agreement not to recruit committed players in football.   Urban ended that 

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

That wouldn't have bothered me if he did.  Stupid to exclude foreigners.  Let them earn and tax it.  Problem solved.

• Like 1

Just read a bunch catching up. Decided to reply here. I understand all the discussions since it’s the offseason, but I never once considered going to a Purdue (or any other team) board when Liam decommitted. Coming to an IU board looking for any reasonable justification sounds like grass needs to be touched more frequently. And I mean green grass, not your own sack

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Just read a bunch catching up. Decided to reply here. I understand all the discussions since it’s the offseason, but I never once considered going to a Purdue (or any other team) board when Liam decommitted. Coming to an IU board looking for any reasonable justification sounds like grass needs to be touched more frequently. And I mean green grass, not your own sack

Amen to that

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Remember, this is what teams have coming back from their roster last year..,

I saw some of the nonconference opponents our comrades in Champaign have lined up. Pretty aggressive scheduling for almost a completely new team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw some of the nonconference opponents our comrades in Champaign have lined up. Pretty aggressive scheduling for almost a completely new team. 

Like I said in a earlier post...Illinois is bringing in 2 portal players that averaged double digits in points  last year, and only one of them did it in a P6 conference (Tre White at Louisville...The other was Ben Humrichous at Evansville) to supplement the 10.6% they have coming back...

The 2 Euros they brought in (Tomislav Ivisic and Kasparas Jakucionis) better be damned good

• Like 1

Anyone thinking Ballo will be Big Ten player of the year? 

Should any of our other transfers cracked the top 10?

Doesn't look like IU got much respect. Heck, Roddy Gayle made the list twice! 

https://www.insidenu.com/2024/6/21/24180079/instant-impact-a-look-at-the-top-five-most-intriguing-mens-basketball-transfers-in-the-big-ten

@IUFLA- how about updating the thread title or locking this and starting a new one for this season? 

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Anyone thinking Ballo will be Big Ten player of the year? 

Should any of our other transfers cracked the top 10?

Doesn't look like IU got much respect. Heck, Roddy Gayle made the list twice! 

https://www.insidenu.com/2024/6/21/24180079/instant-impact-a-look-at-the-top-five-most-intriguing-mens-basketball-transfers-in-the-big-ten

@IUFLA- how about updating the thread title or locking this and starting a new one for this season? 

I can't lock it...Have to be a Mod...But I started a new one...