Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

My point is you shouldn’t have too 

Kids used to line up for a chance to wear the candy stripes 

If you ever get a coach who develops local stars with NIL/portal to fill in the gaps it’s over 

If you haven't noticed things had changed since that time. Today's kids don't care about history or tradition all they care is money and if you can get them to the NBA. So are you saying Edey didn't make a lot of money last year. I don't really like it but things are never going back to the way it used to be so we have to move on with this system.

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

My point is you shouldn’t have too 

Kids used to line up for a chance to wear the candy stripes 

If you ever get a coach who develops local stars with NIL/portal to fill in the gaps it’s over 

Remember when Duke paid Zion? Should Duke have to pay players? I think some people are just stuck in the past, and for sure many IU fans. What made IU great in the past 50 years was CBK. He's long gone and recently buried. That being said, everyone is paying players now and if you don't you're screwed. I know old timers don't fundamentally like it, I don't particular like it, but it's reality. If you're not playing the game, the game will pass you by. Finally IU isn't acting as though simply wearing a jersey with INDIANA on the front will get them players. That just isn't important to most players these days and actually stopped being super important the last few years under Knight. That is the reality. Sad or whatever, it's true. It took IU way too long to get over itself and to start understanding a lot of this while at the same shooting itself in the foot with botched coaching hires one of which resulted in a self-imposed "death penalty". I live in the presenter not in the past when it comes to sports. They still make a lot of questionable decisions, but throwing the bag at players is not one of them. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is kinda interesting...

Of every team or program in the country KState and SMU are the one's to watch. Pretty telling what the rest of the country thinks of Hawkins. 

12 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

What a joke this entire allegation turned out to be....

And, although it shouldn't, this will always have people questioning his character.

Absolutely ridiculous how some random woman can just say "stuff" and a young man's entire life can go off the rails.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

And, although it shouldn't, this will always have people questioning his character.

Absolutely ridiculous how some random woman can just say "stuff" and a young man's entire life can go off the rails.

I really don't get how charges were ever filed. Appears to be a case of mistaken identity. There was another guy in the vicinity at the time (on video) who was accused of something similar two weeks before at the same bar, but wasn't charged. He was never questioned by police in the Shannon investigation. Apparently, the accuser just went online and searched IL and KU team photos, picked out Shannon and called the police. 

To Shannon's credit, he was reportedly offered a plea deal shortly before the trial and said, "no, I'm innocent, I want a trial". He also testified, which he certainly didn't have to do. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I really don't get how charges were ever filed. Appears to be a case of mistaken identity. There was another guy in the vicinity at the time (on video) who was accused of something similar two weeks before at the same bar, but wasn't charged. He was never questioned by police in the Shannon investigation. Apparently, the accuser just went online and searched IL and KU team photos, picked out Shannon and called the police. 

To Shannon's credit, he was reportedly offered a plea deal shortly before the trial and said, "no, I'm innocent, I want a trial". He also testified, which he certainly didn't have to do. 

The crap he took from opposing fans was unfair as well.  Doubt it makes any difference, but fans should be reminded that there's another example of presumed innocent until proven guilty.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think he has cause against UI for their overreaction.

I don't think they overreacted at all. I think they did what they had to do with the initial information they got.

I also think they beleived all along he could "sue" and get his way back in.

It smartly gave the university coverage, showed action, and was easily "overturned".

I actually think UI handled it very well, in a tough situation. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think he has cause against UI for their overreaction.

He did sue them, that's how he got the TRO allowing him to play. I don't think he has any ill will towards UI, they were all on the same page as to how this was handled.

On 6/13/2024 at 11:25 PM, BruceDouglas said:

What a joke this entire allegation turned out to be....

When Whitman stood behind him after seeing as much evidence as he was allowed 😉….knew it was iffy 

the more I’ve read….its Duke Lacrosse adjacent incompetence?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 1:09 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

If only he were a Stanford swimmer who came from a good family……

Braden unfollowed Catchings on instagram 

I’ll leave it too the experts on here who follow every High School player on social media to tell us what it means 

Edited by Purdue7
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

I’ll leave it to the experts on here who follow every High School player on social media to tell us what it means 

It's just a hunch and I'm no expert, but I'm guessing he's not going to Purdue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/16/2024 at 12:58 PM, Purdue7 said:

I’ll leave it too the experts on here who follow every High School player on social media to tell us what it means 

Braden is jealous that Catchings is going to make more money?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3