Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

12 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Seth Greenberg legit just said Zach Edey is averaging a triple double.

Points, rebounds and...........free throw attempts.

Can't make this crap up. He was dead serious.  🤦‍♂️

Isn't that the guy that played Dr Evils son in Austin Powers?  

Oh wait that was Seth Green. Both never has beens so they have that in common.

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The guys getting open looks were the ones we wanted shooting (Geronimo, Harris-Smith, and Kaiser). They only have two semi-decent 3 point shooters in Young and Scott. They only were whistled for 12 fouls which is wild. 

Well, I will say it worked better than the strategy of letting JHS take mid-range jumpers... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah it’s a good example in why the transitive property doesn’t work in sports. Matchups are a huge factor.

you cant predict future wins, but they work for the past for IU football

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, rico said:

I am curious as to how Illinois plays tonight.

Well?

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Not related to the ongoing games, but the Terrance Shannon redacted offense report if anyone is interested.

So much of that report makes no sense. Alcohol a factor in one charge, not the other? The incident started and 30 seconds later it's reported? Probably just a botched job when someone filled it out I guess.

6 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Well?

So much of that report makes no sense. Alcohol a factor in one charge, not the other? The incident started and 30 seconds later it's reported? Probably just a botched job when someone filled it out I guess.

It certainly adds questions when there are very clear inaccuracies on the police report. The fact that Illinois knew about the incident and was surprised by the charge is telling, too.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Illinois beats NW by 30 without Shannon and NW beat Purdue 

The length of Illinois seemed to bother Boo….couldn’t find a matchup to exploit 

Switching 5 ways instead of drop coverage 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Well, I will say it worked better than the strategy of letting JHS take mid-range jumpers... 

sure…in hind sight 

Better than lob dunks all night 

IU came out focused and played hard that night 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It was a good game plan but a good game plan doesn’t always work. 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

sure…in hind sight 

Better than lob dunks all night 

IU came out focused and played hard that night 

We had a roster last year that was built in a way that would always be hard for that Purdue team to beat.

There isn’t a lot of 6’5 point guards with a deadly midrange game and a TJD to play off of out there. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We had a roster last year that was built in a way that would always be hard for that Purdue team to beat.

There isn’t a lot of 6’5 point guards with a deadly midrange game and a TJD to play off of out there. 

No doubt. Lance Jones has helped us a lot defensively this year but JHS was a stud especially against us. 

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

The length of Illinois seemed to bother Boo….couldn’t find a matchup to exploit 

Switching 5 ways instead of drop coverage 

Overall Illinois got a pretty good whistle last night, but Boo still manages to get an inordinate amount of gifts from the stripes.

One play, he shoved Harmon with both hands (no call), turned and ran directly into Hawkins and fell down. *tweet* Foul on Hawkins.

The only match up he exploited was late when DGL got a few minutes.

6 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

What little I watched, Domast had his way with Buie, and everyone else. Galloway will have a tough time with him.

Sag off of him. He's only shooting 21% from 3... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

What little I watched, Domast had his way with Buie, and everyone else. Galloway will have a tough time with him.

He is quite a player for them. What I hope Cupps could be for us.