Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

19 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Cardet Jr’s the type of player we need at guard. Duke couldn’t stop him and at any level. He could create, shoot and drive. He was good defensively too…just a superior athlete with skills.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What's sad is last night when the horn sounded my text string with buddies the first thing we all said was hope he hits the portal and chooses us after this year. Coming from IU, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin fans.

He had declared for the draft this year, but then withdrew his name. Currently projected as a second round pick. Could a year at a P5 school move him into the first round? He's from Florida. Would he go to a FL school for a year, or stay in the Midwest?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What's sad is last night when the horn sounded my text string with buddies the first thing we all said was hope he hits the portal and chooses us after this year. Coming from IU, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin fans.

I did the same thing after IU played Harvard with Malik Mack. That’s just the reality of college bball these days though. Good mid/low major players are going to be recruiting targets of high major programs. Those types of players are less risky than freshman who may or may not be ready for college ball.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He had declared for the draft this year, but then withdrew his name. Currently projected as a second round pick. Could a year at a P5 school move him into the first round? He's from Florida. Would he go to a FL school for a year, or stay in the Midwest?

My two cents.  He can make more $ taking the highest offer in portal next year vs getting picked in 2nd round or going undrafted and shipped to the G league.

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Who knows, but he’d certainly be on my wishlist if he hits the portal.

17 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I did the same thing after IU played Harvard with Malik Mack. That’s just the reality of college bball these days though. Good mid/low major players are going to be recruiting targets of high major programs. Those types of players are less risky than freshman who may or may not be ready for college ball.

So many really good players at the mid-major level that nobody outside their respective conferences has ever heard about. Has anyone on this board ever heard of Cardet Jr. before watching that game last night? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Watching WI against Jax St. Connor Essegian entered game first time at 13 minute mark of second half. He got beat for an inbound layup and was immediately benched. 

I think we've brought it up on here before in one of these threads but writing is on the wall for him. He'll be available at the end of the year for someone.

13 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Watching WI against Jax St. Connor Essegian entered game first time at 13 minute mark of second half. He got beat for an inbound layup and was immediately benched. 

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think we've brought it up on here before in one of these threads but writing is on the wall for him. He'll be available at the end of the year for someone.

He went back in with about 3 minutes to go. He really struggles defensively. He did knock down a three and got a big cheer from the crowd (seems to be a fan favorite). He was playing hard, but he just looks miserable. 

They added AJ Storr and freshman John Blackwell, who have both been playing really well. Blackwell was so much better than Essegian, defensively. So Essegian is just odd man out. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He went back in with about 3 minutes to go. He really struggles defensively. He did knock down a three and got a big cheer from the crowd (seems to be a fan favorite). He was playing hard, but he just looks miserable. 

They added AJ Storr and freshman John Blackwell, who have both been playing really well. Blackwell was so much better than Essegian, defensively. So Essegian is just odd man out. 

He'll wind up at butler and crush it.  

• Like 2