Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

Maryland with a 40 point win, and Minnesota up 40 late. Both are playing bad teams, but were only expected to win by around 20. That should give each a decent bump in the NET, which the Big Ten as a whole needs any bump we can get at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Which is worse…losing by 28 to Auburn on a neutral court or losing by 2 to Chicago St on your home court? 

The latter. The Auburn game was ugly but it won't count as a bad loss. Chicago St is a bad loss, made worse by it being at home.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Which is worse…losing by 28 to Auburn on a neutral court or losing by 2 to Chicago St on your home court? 

Obviously losing is worse.

Is it actually comforting to anyone that we can hang our hats on “at least we aren’t Northwestern”?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know if it is my old age but man I get tired of people only trying to find negative in every aspect of a game or the team.  I just know I hate to live my life always looking at the negative things 

Look at it as areas to improve 

As long as they 

play hard 

play team ball 

play smart 

The combined record of the teams Chicago St had lost to was 50-40, and the highest rated in Kenpom was Southern Illinois at #119... Chicago St is at #321...

So I guess the takeaway is that on any given night, analytics aside, if you're not ready, you can get beaten... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Cardet Jr’s the type of player we need at guard. Duke couldn’t stop him and at any level. He could create, shoot and drive. He was good defensively too…just a superior athlete with skills.

What's sad is last night when the horn sounded my text string with buddies the first thing we all said was hope he hits the portal and chooses us after this year. Coming from IU, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin fans.