Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

@Stlboiler23 I won’t reply. Not interested in arguing, but I am truly curious what skill set Zach E.T. has that would still make him good if he was a 6’9” center. He has no lateral quickness, no athleticism. His only post move is a drop step. Otherwise he gets in position and shoots it over people or  dunks by jumping 2”. Can’t guard. Without his body weight he isn’t strong enough to bully ball. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

@Stlboiler23 I won’t reply. Not interested in arguing, but I am truly curious what skill set Zach E.T. has that would still make him good if he was a 6’9” center. He has no lateral quickness, no athleticism. His only post move is a drop step. Otherwise he gets in position and shoots it over people or  dunks by jumping 2”. Can’t guard. Without his body weight he isn’t strong enough to bully ball. 

Saying he has no athleticism is laughable. What’s with these random hypotheticals and why do they even matter? A lot of basketball players would be a lot worse if they were 7 inches shorter lol. You think TJD at 6’2 would be effective? Sure he’d still be athletic but a 6’2 guy who can’t shoot can only take you so far. What other post move does Edey need? He’s clearly effective at what he does so why change anything? He has great shooting touch (evidenced by his FT percentage), solid footwork, and is pretty mobile for a guy that size. It’s a silly argument IMO. How good would Reneau at 6’0 be? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Saying he has no athleticism is laughable. What’s with these random hypotheticals and why do they even matter? A lot of basketball players would be a lot worse if they were 7 inches shorter lol. You think TJD at 6’2 would be effective? Sure he’d still be athletic but a 6’2 guy who can’t shoot can only take you so far. What other post move does Edey need? He’s clearly effective at what he does so why change anything? He has great shooting touch (evidenced by his FT percentage), solid footwork, and is pretty mobile for a guy that size. It’s a silly argument IMO. How good would Reneau at 6’0 be? 

Your hypotheticals are even more ridiculous.  There are very few 7'4" people out there.  Hypothetically if Edey was 6'9"  he would likely play the same position. Your hypotheticals would put guys in a different position.

With that out of the way, his height and also his bodyweight give him quite and advantage. It's the thing that makes him effective, it's undeniable.

I don't anyone is saying he's a bad player. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Your reply is disingenuous. TJD is undersized for a 5 but excels at that role and is an outstanding athlete. If Edey were the same height as TJD, or even your average 5, he would be a bench player at best.

Edey is an outstanding college player, but you, and every Purdue fan, are lying to yourselves if you think that has anything to do with anything other than his absolutely gargantuan size and perhaps his effort and work ethic.

He’s a great college athlete, but let’s not confuse that with “athleticism.”

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Your reply is disingenuous. TJD is undersized for a 5 but excels at that role and is an outstanding athlete. If Edey were the same height as TJD, or even your average 5, he would be a bench player at best.

Edey is an outstanding college player, but you, and every Purdue fan, are lying to yourselves if you think that has anything to do with anything other than his absolutely gargantuan size and perhaps his effort and work ethic.

He’s a great college athlete, but let’s not confuse that with “athleticism.”

No less disingenuous than the original post IMO. You’re not wrong about TJD either it’s just silly to say hey if this player was 7 inches shorter he wouldn’t be as dominant. Is it more true with Edey than TJD? Sure but it’s still a silly hypothetical lol. And I agree about Edey being a great college athlete. And it’s false to say he has zero athleticism. The dude played hockey for a long time lol. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Your hypotheticals are even more ridiculous.  There are very few 7'4" people out there.  Hypothetically if Edey was 6'9"  he would likely play the same position. Your hypotheticals would put guys in a different position.

With that out of the way, his height and also his bodyweight give him quite and advantage. It's the thing that makes him effective, it's undeniable.

I don't anyone is saying he's a bad player. 

I know they were I was trying to be as ridiculous as the original post about it. I’m not denying his height/weight give him quite the advantage. But for the “he’s just tall” folks, there are other guys his size that play college basketball who average a lot worse than him. Its a combination of size, skill, and work ethic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No less disingenuous than the original post IMO. You’re not wrong about TJD either it’s just silly to say hey if this player was 7 inches shorter he wouldn’t be as dominant. Is it more true with Edey than TJD? Sure but it’s still a silly hypothetical lol. And I agree about Edey being a great college athlete. And it’s false to say he has zero athleticism. The dude played hockey for a long time lol. 

Because he played hockey, he has elite athleticism?

I never said he had zero, but I’m sorry, it’s not any more than your average amateur athlete. Again, you’re confusing what athleticism is imo.

Give us a list of 7’4” 305lb college basketball players if you think there’s so many.

18 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Because he played hockey, he has elite athleticism?

I never said he had zero, but I’m sorry, it’s not any more than your average amateur athlete. Again, you’re confusing what athleticism is imo.

Give us a list of 7’4” 305lb college basketball players if you think there’s so many.

I agree he’s an average athlete. The original premise was he had zero athleticism. 
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4897696/jamarion-sharp

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4397052/connor-vanover

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4897004/naheem-mcleod

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4433216/mabor-majak

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432858/matt-van-komen

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5106724/rocco-muratori

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5105857/will-berg

Edited by Stlboiler23

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Boo Buie needs to get the hell out of college lol. Dude can rent a car I think!

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

He is a special player

...but a classless punk.  Lucky he didn't get a tech at the end of the O/T for running down and woofing at the Turdue bench.  Your 5th year senior needs to be a lot more mature than that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Or maybe the B10 isn’t as bad this year as most of the “experts” think.

Loved seeing Hummel lost for words and criticism! He just could not find away to find the kind of criticism he dished out for the Hoosiers for old PU STINKS LIKE SHIT! Amazing how many Purdue pukes are on the Big Network. Why? 

39 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Loved seeing Hummel lost for words and criticism! He just could not find away to find the kind of criticism he dished out for the Hoosiers for old PU STINKS LIKE SHIT! Amazing how many Purdue pukes are on the Big Network. Why? 

38 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because they’re talented?

...because they can't play for money. 😂

• Haha 2