2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

9 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

I have no sources.  What I do know is that Louisville was supposedly the favorite.  He visits Kansas, despite a bunch of commit and cancel IU trip rumors, neither happens.  He goes to IU, the Louisville trip gets cancelled, officially announces its down to IU and Kansas. Let’s IU do a somewhat cheesy video with him and CMW, that isn’t cheesy if he commits to IU.  Add in guaranteed playing time and if these Kansas crystal ballers are picking on gut instinct, I think their gut is wrong.  Using common sense and the timeline facts I’m not sure how anyone can draw any other conclusion?

This is where I'm at, too.

If no one really knows anything, which seems to be what everyone that has made a pick has acknowledged, I don't see how the available information points to Kansas. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IUAlumn09 said:

First time forum poster, but long time follower. 

I have a question.

There's been some positive discussion about our coaching staff and players following Mackenzie Mgbako and family on various social media platforms, but I don't necessarily view it that way. Does anyone else look at those recent follows as a move of desperation?

No.

• Like 2

I will say this, the new system with the portal and NIL has created a big time hot stove league environment.  I mean, we are all pretty active well into May.  

Baseball originated hot stove interest but the NFL has perfected it.  The NFL has spread out interest to a 365 thing.  They literally are leaking out the schedule today like it’s a report on the secrets behind the Kennedy assassination.  

College basketball may be Forrest Gumping its way to this, but they’ve unwittingly created fan interest well into the offseason. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4

On Podcast on the Brink yesterday the guess was Joking stin Albers. I don't know much about him but he use to cover recruiting. He said he usually looked at a few things to see where a player might go.

1) Who had the last visit. IU in this case. 

2) If a player cancelled a visit following a visit. IU in this case.

3) If a player does interviews after the visit and talks about things in detail about how a team will use him. He gave example of X and how he went in great detail on how X would be used in the offense 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I will say this, the new system with the portal and NIL has created a big time hot stove league environment.  I mean, we are all pretty active well into May.  

Baseball originated hot stove interest but the NFL has perfected it.  The NFL has spread out interest to a 365 thing.  They literally are leaking out the schedule today like it’s a report on the secrets behind the Kennedy assassination.  

College basketball may be Forrest Gumping its way to this, but they’ve unwittingly created fan interest well into the offseason. 

It's definitely heating up HSN. The mods are raking in that ad $$$$. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Kansas big Ernest Udeh Jr is transferring.  I take this as bad news on the MM front. Maybe I am wrong as they play two different positions(he plays center)

There's no basketball logic to think they are connected. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

for sure it is a recruiting tactic.  Kids now aday love social media.  Use it to an advantage.  

My point is, posting every time some one follows someone is not necessary and means very little in predicting the outcome. 

Edited by OGIUAndy