2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Really? Somebody who has coached MM. Knows how he likes to play and game situations he's comfortable in? Somebody who personally knows the kid and personally knows the family? 

We're talking twitter dudes who are getting their info 2nd, 3rd, possibly 4th hand vs. his coach?

But we're getting into the weeds of who is a better barometer. The point is, we as fans, are apt to giving more credence to the news that we like.....and discounting news that we don't like. 

I honestly think that MM doesn't even know where he wants to go....so trying to find tea leaves to read is just going to result in frustration. 

25% chance. 

I don't think I'm disagreeing with you and saying he is an IU lean, I actually just said he wasn't a couple posts up.

I think some coaches have that tight relationship you describe with players and some don't. I don't have anyway from the outside to know when the coach has a good relationship with the player and when they don't; you seem to have that figured out, what's the secret to understanding when a HS coach is in a player's inner circle?

I also don't have it figured out to see when some of these recruiting accounts (anonymous accounts or accounts with a name behind them) have real info and when they are just guessing. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Typically I would but I've given kids this exact advice in the past granted they weren't 5 star recruits but it's the right thing to do. 

Any more "non-IU all the way", common sense statements and you will start getting official warning from the mod squad.   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Really? Somebody who has coached MM. Knows how he likes to play and game situations he's comfortable in? Somebody who personally knows the kid and personally knows the family? 

We're talking twitter dudes who are getting their info 2nd, 3rd, possibly 4th hand vs. his coach?

But we're getting into the weeds of who is a better barometer. The point is, we as fans, are apt to giving more credence to the news that we like.....and discounting news that we don't like. 

I honestly think that MM doesn't even know where he wants to go....so trying to find tea leaves to read is just going to result in frustration. 

25% chance. 

There was no news not to like/dislike, though... that article was a nothing burger. But, Ant and Trilly pretty clearly get real information passed their way... like that's proven

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Taking my crimson colored glasses off if I was advising a kid on a recruitment that told 4 schools he was taking visits there then I would want the kid to take all 4 visits fwiw. Then make a well informed decision after seeing all the options. 

Terrible Advice GIFs | Tenor

lol....🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

This recruitment is all over the place, personally, I do not think he comes here at all

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I never did

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Me either. 

Can anyone explain themselves?

This seems like the last recruitment I'd consider "all over the place", though. This has been the most straight forward month long recruitment I can remember. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I also don't have it figured out to see when some of these recruiting accounts (anonymous accounts or accounts with a name behind them) have real info and when they are just guessing. 

I think this is what annoys me. If it's an opinion or a 'feeling' then just say that. If you are really just hearing your info from the Premium Peegs board then say that. If you're getting your information from a 'source', (you don't have to divulge the source) just say that. Stop trying to look important on the internet.

• Like 3

Exactly, this is 100% what he said he would do. We have same shot as beginning and only improved odds with a great visit.

i will say, if you are searching for something to make you feel better about it. Slater is only posting what family wants. They sent him all that stuff and he sent 4 tweets on IU visit. That is way more than the other 2. Just saying, they were loving it and told him to send it out. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Can anyone explain themselves?

This seems like the last recruitment I'd consider "all over the place", though. This has been the most straight forward month long recruitment I can remember. 

It’s more of a “don’t believe anything you hear” recruitment 

• Like 2

Frankly, I hope Woodson let him know how he would fit in and what he could do to prepare him for the NBA.  I also hope he made it clear that he would be an important part of the team but that there are 4 other players on the court - it's not purely an opportunity to "showcase" his talents for 1 season.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Frankly, I hope Woodson let him know how he would fit in and what he could do to prepare him for the NBA.  I also hope he made it clear that he would be an important part of the team but that there are 4 other players on the court - it's not purely an opportunity to "showcase" his talents for 1 season.

Bingo.. you want to go win 12-14 games and be the best player on a team like that. Go to UL! 

• Like 1