2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

2 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

From my understanding, his dad only made it to the IU visit. I could be wrong but I feel like I saw that somewhere. Thereā€™s certainly no other pics of his dad on his visits anyway except at IU.

His dad went to the St Johns visitĀ 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Wonder how long IU waits for a decision if this one takes some time? Portal closes in four daysĀ 

People can't enter after 5/11 but that doesn't mean the portal closes. You can sign players from portal anytimeĀ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You made it sounded like IU would have to decide to wait for MM or lose some transfersĀ 

I mean if they wait for MM, if he doesnā€™t choose IU and we could miss out on other guys in portal right? Likely by Memorial Day all bigger guys will likely be committed to other teamsĀ 

Edited by dwtaylor1055

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You do understand we have some pretty good college players manning the 5, 4, and 1 positions, right?

Yes, and Mgbako doesnā€™t play those positions and none of those guys are what I would call bucket getters despite how good they may be.

From a basketball perspective, Mgbako has more of a chance to step in and be the missing piece at his preferred position than any of the other schools.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If Mgbako is the best fit of the 3 still on the table in his eyes, then I'm onboard.

I donā€™t think the plan is to stop at just one of them. If he can get Dingle and move Trey to the bench, I think he will.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

But you yourself in another thread said judging high school kids was subjective. Except with Mgbako, right?

Talking about their legacy across generations and competition levels is subjective, yeah. Thatā€™s not a part of the Mgbako discussion.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If the Mgbako kid chooses IU and comes in as a freshman and matches Romeo's 17 ppg (with an ailing hand, no less) then I'll be impressed...Ā 

Thatā€™s great, itā€™s also not the standard. This will be a deeper and more balanced team. I doubt anyone scored 17 PPG next year if we add Mgbako and Dingle.Ā 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In his cap and gown šŸ™‚

What if Parker Stewart's mom with her freshly minted doctorate from IUĀ  accidentally chooses the wrong door, stumbles in and gives a 20 min verbal dissertation on the value of her IU education.Ā  What if Neon Keion peeps out from under the edge of the desk and talks about his decision to be "selfish" and play like a young Forrest Gump at UK for thee years and getting recruited over.Ā  .Ā  Now he is out west in basketball Siberia with little hope in spite of his friend, TJD, telling him they would be set for life if they played together.Ā Ā 

There are a lot of "what ifs" out there.Ā  Plenty of awesome things happening at IU.Ā  He needs to make the best choice.Ā Ā 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I mean if they wait for MM, if he doesnā€™t choose IU and we could miss out on other guys in portal right? Likely by Memorial Day all bigger guys will likely be committed to other teamsĀ 

We have two scholarships. We can take one and wait on MM. Not like thatā€™s going to be a long wait.Ā 

He is a kid trying to make the best decision for him. There is no loyalty to a school involved in any of these decisions. They all selfish in nature and have nothing to do with playing for the glory of old IU. They are always about what gets these kids where they want to go the quickest. In this college basketball world, especially with the portal, they are all mercenaries. I hate everything about it.

• Sad 1

Iā€™d have to think of the schools recruiting himā€¦blah blah nil this thatā€¦we have actual playing time to be earned. Like a whole boat load of it. Not trying to be crimson glasses wearing, but I guess KU could say same thing. Louisville nor St. Johnā€™s make any sense to me. Wonder how many nba wings woody coached film was watched for a segment?

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

He is a kid trying to make the best decision for him. There is no loyalty to a school involved in any of these decisions. They all selfish in nature and have nothing to do with playing for the glory of old IU. They are always about what gets these kids where they want to go the quickest. In this college basketball world, especially with the portal, they are all mercenaries. I hate everything about it.

Please. Why should he be loyal to IU or any other school?

Kidā€™s have always made the best decision for them. Itā€™s not selfish, itā€™s smart.Ā 

How many decisions do you make in life that go against your self interest?

• Like 5