2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to BYU

btownqb

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t agree that he whiffed.  This recruitment was all over the map from Day 1.  Even good ones get it wrong sometimes (see Rabjohns re TKR). 

Everybody (but Purdue fans apparently) knew he was a flight risk. That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about the BS character assassination that Neubert laid on the kid minutes after he de-committed and the BS narrative that he drummed up about Catching demanding playing time or else he was leaving. I literally told you almost two weeks ago that BYU's new assistant coach (Catchings old HS coach) was in his ear for weeks leading up to be to being officially announced as an assistant coach in Provo about joining him there and that it was going to happen. And you, along with Neubert, kept saying there's no way he ends up at BYU. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Everybody (but Purdue fans apparently) knew he was a flight risk. That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about the BS character assassination that Neubert laid on the kid minutes after he de-committed and the BS narrative that he drummed up about Catching demanding playing time or else he was leaving. I literally told you almost two weeks ago that BYU's new assistant coach (Catchings old HS coach) was in his ear for weeks leading up to be to being officially announced as an assistant coach in Provo about joining him there and that it was going to happen. And you, along with Neubert, kept saying there's no way he ends up at BYU. 

Any way you slice it, I feel bad for the kid.  Going to BYU over Purdue has to suck. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Any way you slice it, I feel bad for the kid.  Going to BYU over Purdue has to suck. 

Why? He clearly didn't want to be at Purdue, he de-committed twice. Not sure a gun was put to his head either when picking BYU.

11 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Lmao. No it doesn’t. Same thing happened to us but does it look bad for McNeely? 

Don’t think they’re comparable. McNeely didn’t bail right before showing up to campus and went to the back-to-back national champions. 

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Why? He clearly didn't want to be at Purdue, he de-committed twice. Not sure a gun was put to his head either when picking BYU.

Just hope he figures it out.  Who knows it BYU is really the place he wants to be?

3 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Figures what out? He visited there and obviously felt comfortable committing. Clearly he has a relationship with Tim Fanning. 

Figures out how to be a really good basketball player and makes a lot of money for himself. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Apparently he called Painter the next day and to apologize and ask for his spot back lol.  Will be interesting assuming we get to play them in San Diego later this year. 

Please tell me you aren't basing this off Blaire Westall's tweet, the guy who changed his twitter handle to homeowner after buying a 1500 sq foot house in Lafayette and calls anybody who disagrees with him autistic? 

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

Please tell me you aren't basing this off Blaire Westall's tweet, the guy who changed his twitter handle to homeowner after buying a 1500 sq foot house in Lafayette and calls anybody who disagrees with him autistic? 

You’ll see the answers in the Catchings thread on GBI today. 

36 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Lmao. No it doesn’t. Same thing happened to us but does it look bad for McNeely? 

Liam went to UConn, which i think is a bit higher of a landing spot than BYU.

Even with the late change of heart, I'm sure Indiana wasn't the only bigger school with an open scholarship.  Catchings either had an issue that scared off schools or he just wants to be a big fish in a smaller pond.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s the one. I’m sure you’ll be able to find it. 

Yep reading them now.

So Brian has gone from "He made at list of demands that ensured playing time and a guaranteed role or else he was quitting" on the day of his de-commitment to now "Purdue got sick of him getting cold feet and released him" as of today, all within a matter of a week? No wonder why Purdue doesn't have a journalism school. 

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think this sums it up the best:

How can both be true? Brian is eluding to that Purdue was done with Catchings and told him to move on, and that, i guess, after being kicked off, Catchings calls back and begs for his spot back. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I saw someone else tweet it that seemed to be the only one really pushing it right away. I actually know who the person is and wouldn’t be shocked if they had some sources. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

How can both be true? Brian is eluding to that Purdue was done with Catchings and told him to move on, and that, i guess, after being kicked off, Catchings calls back and begs for his spot back. 

Why can’t they be both be true?  When he asked out of his NLI, they didn’t fight to keep him. I doubt they said “don’t come back, we’re done with you,” but when he reached back out to come back, I’m guessing it was a quick discussion where they told him thanks but no thanks. 

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

I saw someone else tweet it that seemed to be the only one really pushing it right away. I actually know who the person is and wouldn’t be shocked if they had some sources. 

I honestly couldn't care less about this. I just think it's funny that the Purdue people care what everyone else thinks, by contorting a story about 67 times in the last 6 months to push all the blame on an 18 yo kid and try to act like Purdue is squeaky clean.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why can’t they be both be true?  When he asked out of his NLI, they didn’t fight to keep him. I doubt they said “don’t come back, we’re done with you,” but when he reached back out to come back, I’m guessing it was a quick discussion where they told him thanks but no thanks. 

Asked out of his NLI?

LOL you literally just quoted Brian who said Purdue released him from his NLI.

Either Catching asked for his release because Painter didn't guarantee playing time (Neubert's first narrative) or Purdue released Catching because they got sick of him getting cold feet (the current narrative).

This is exactly what I'm talking about, pick a narrative and stick with it. You literally just contradicted yourself.