2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to BYU

btownqb

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Damn dude you stalking me? Didn’t realize you were keeping such close tabs on me. 

I wake up at 4:30 so I checked the message board and noticed little activity since I went to bed. The only post was from you at 1 something in the morning 

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Sorry if this was already answered, but how can Catchings transfer this long after the portal has closed and still play next season? 

He's still considered a high school recruit...Doesn't have to enter the portal once he's released from his NLI...

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He's still considered a high school recruit...Doesn't have to enter the portal once he's released from his NLI...

Had a feeling that might be it. I guess I'd also forgotten how late in the game we got Mgbako last year. 

On 6/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

He has hinted at this dating back to his decommitment last year.  

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He decommitted on a whim and then came back on board.  

That story needs a little work...

Who are your "insiders?" Charles and Wilhelm Grimm? 😁

• Like 2

On 6/13/2024 at 1:24 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

For a non-Purdue fan, you sure seem to care an awful lot what Brian says and does.  He said he’d be very surprised if he went to BYU.  For someone so sure, you’d think you’d want to correct Brian and let him know he has bad information.

As expected

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40378257/kanon-catchings-projected-2025-1st-round-pick-commits-byu

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all lol.  He decommitted on a whim and then came back on board.  This would be on point with stuff he’s done in the past.  

The all-knowing Painter should have had the foresight that Catchings would be crawling back, as per the non-biased, story twisting, insiders of PU basketball and per their usual god like story tellings of Painter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

The all-knowing Painter should have had the foresight that Catchings would be crawling back, as per the non-biased, story twisting, insiders of PU basketball and per their usual god like story tellings of Painter.

He probably wasn’t surprised at all.  

40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Apparently he called Painter the next day and to apologize and ask for his spot back lol.  Will be interesting assuming we get to play them in San Diego later this year. 

I’ll take “things that never happened” for $1000. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Purdue's insider completely whiffed on this story. Brian was all over the place from the start and flopped several different times in-between. Guessing Neubert's source on this one was extremely close to the staff, if not on it, and they took this personal...hence some of the things Neubert relayed about Catchings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Purdue's insider completely whiffed on this story. Brian was all over the place from the start and flopped several different times in-between. Guessing Neubert's source on this one was extremely close to the staff, if not on it, and they took this personal...hence some of the things Neubert relayed about Catchings.

Don’t agree that he whiffed.  This recruitment was all over the map from Day 1.  Even good ones get it wrong sometimes (see Rabjohns re TKR).