2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to BYU

btownqb

2 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

@Stlboiler23You delete some of your comments? Saw you quoted me but nothing appears.

Anyways, what so funny about that count? You're telling me that a player who was committed to Purdue for 18 months just found out that Painter doesn't make promises or guarantee playing time 24 hours prior to arriving on campus? That's what you're going with? Purdue fans can't shut up enough about how brutally honest Painter is when it comes to recruiting/NIL, shocking that a recruit wouldn't know it when the rest of you do. But if that's what you have to tell yourself to sleep better at night, knock yourself out.

Face it, BYU came in at the 11th hour with a better offer that Purdue either couldn't or wouldn't match and KC said "See Ya". Purdue wants to control the narrative that KC was a cancer and would have ultimately compromised the locker room so they don't have to tell future recruits that they couldn't match an NIL offer from a Mormon school out in Utah. National runner-ups shouldn't be losing top 40 recruits from their back yard...clearly Purdue wants a specific narrative told. 

Yeah I figured it wasn’t worth the back and forth tbh. 

You have your opinions and I have mine.  I respectfully disagree with your points. 

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah I figured it wasn’t worth the back and forth tbh. 

You have your opinions and I have mine.  I respectfully disagree with your points. 

I get it. You fell for the hit piece that mouthpiece Neubert wrote for GBI. Neubert used language about Catchings that he has NEVER used in the two years he's been covering him. There's a reason for it....it came straight from the horses mouth trying to control a narrative.

Funny how Catchings was "awesome", "all-in", "huge talent", "big piece for next years puzzle" until he wasn't.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I get it. You fell for the hit piece that mouthpiece Neubert wrote for GBI. Neubert used language about Catchings that he has NEVER used in the two years he's been covering him. There's a reason for it....it came straight from the horses mouth trying to control a narrative.

Funny how Catchings was "awesome", "all-in", "huge talent", "big piece for next years puzzle" until he wasn't.

That’s just blatantly false lol. He’s absolutely hinted at there being issues since he’s committed.  He said similar things after DGL committed too. 

What’s funny to me is even Rabjohns has agreed that there was drama here (not Purdue’s fault) and yet no one here seems to acknowledge that because it doesn’t fit their narrative. 

No one is questioning his abilities on the court.  This was never about his on-court abilities. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

31 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s just blatantly false lol. He’s absolutely hinted at there being issues since he’s committed.  He said similar things after DGL committed too. 

What’s funny to me is even Rabjohns has agreed that there was drama here (not Purdue’s fault) and yet no one here seems to acknowledge that because it doesn’t fit their narrative. 

No one is questioning his abilities on the court.  This was never about his on-court abilities. 

LOL, I read GBI premium almost daily. Until June 6th, I've never heard Brian say things like this about KC:

-"but he has a really self-destructive impulsive streak. Kid is a complete introvert personally but a technical foul machine on the floor. Really weird dichotomy."

- "Don't make light of this or perceive this as the typical whims of a teenage male. There could be serious undercurrents here that I know prep school coaches worried about when not recruiting him before he went to OTE" (inferring that KC has mental health issues)

plus all the other hints and texts he shared from people "inside" Purdue basketball.

Not once in nearly two years has Brian said those types of about Catchings. Your fan base was all-in on KC until he decomitted. 

As far as Rabjohns goes, there's no interest between IU and Catchings for multiple reasons.

1) There's no need for him given this offseason's acquisitions and player returns 

2) He's following his High School coach to BYU

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

LOL, I read GBI premium almost daily. Until June 6th, I've never heard Brian say things like this about KC:

-"but he has a really self-destructive impulsive streak. Kid is a complete introvert personally but a technical foul machine on the floor. Really weird dichotomy."

- "Don't make light of this or perceive this as the typical whims of a teenage male. There could be serious undercurrents here that I know prep school coaches worried about when not recruiting him before he went to OTE" (inferring that KC has mental health issues)

plus all the other hints and texts he shared from people "inside" Purdue basketball.

Not once in nearly two years has Brian said those types of about Catchings. Your fan base was all-in on KC until he decomitted. 

As far as Rabjohns goes, there's no interest between IU and Catchings for multiple reasons.

1) There's no need for him given this offseason's acquisitions and player returns 

2) He's following his High School coach to BYU

He has hinted at this dating back to his decommitment last year.  He didn’t say the exact same stuff obviously but it’s not like this wasn’t something that completely came out of left field.  There were always concerns about whether he’d show up.  The texts he’s referring to weren’t from Purdue people. 

Quick check of my texts from basketball people in this orbit ...

"That's so him."
"That didn't take long."
"Low-key relieved."

Nothing was ever going to be a surprise here. This isn't revisionist history. We have been honest with you about this one from Day 1. Give us credit for that please.

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He has hinted at this dating back to his decommitment last year.  He didn’t say the exact same stuff obviously but it’s not like this wasn’t something that completely came out of left field.  There were always concerns about whether he’d show up.  The texts he’s referring to weren’t from Purdue people. 

Quick check of my texts from basketball people in this orbit ...

"That's so him."
"That didn't take long."
"Low-key relieved."

Nothing was ever going to be a surprise here. This isn't revisionist history. We have been honest with you about this one from Day 1. Give us credit for that please.

So Brian openly talked about Catchings (possibly) having mental health issues and was a headcase on/off the court making him a potentially bad fit within the locker room for the duration of his recruitment? And Painter stuck with him till the very end? LOL please share that with us. But I think both you and I know you'd be wasting your time. You are LYING to yourself just to cope. This is exactly why this narrative has been driven home to your fanbase.

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

So Brian openly talked about Catchings (possibly) having mental health issues and was a headcase on/off the court making him a potentially bad fit within the locker room for the duration of his recruitment? And Painter stuck with him till the very end? LOL please share that with us. But I think both you and I know you'd be wasting your time. You are LYING to yourself just to cope. This is exactly why this narrative has been driven home to your fanbase.

He talked about his immaturity issues throughout his recruitment.  That’s not some new revelation.  He talked about him getting multiple technicals and having issues in the past.  You either are misremembering or never saw it.  Painter absolutely stuck with him because he knows he comes from a good family and hoped the time at OTE would help his maturity.  He would’ve stuck with DGL too.  Sometimes things just don’t work out. lol at calling me a liar.  What a clown thing to do but I’m not surprised.  We would’ve been really good with Catchings and we’ll still be really good without him.  This won’t be a big deal 6 months from now. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He talked about his immaturity issues throughout his recruitment.  That’s not some new revelation.  He talked about him getting multiple technicals and having issues in the past.  You either are misremembering or never saw it.  Painter absolutely stuck with him because he knows he comes from a good family and hoped the time at OTE would help his maturity.  He would’ve stuck with DGL too.  Sometimes things just don’t work out. lol at calling me a liar.  What a clown thing to do but I’m not surprised.  We would’ve been really good with Catchings and we’ll still be really good without him.  This won’t be a big deal 6 months from now. 

Just amazing that Purdue somehow dodges a bullet when a top 40 player decommits AFTER the fact. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Just amazing that Purdue somehow dodges a bullet when a top 40 player decommits AFTER the fact. 

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

second best recruit of all time for Purdue according to 247.

They'll be retiring his jersey next to the Helms banner

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Never said we dodged a bullet.  Things could’ve worked out really well for him at Purdue for all we know.  Brian said multiple times that Painter and staff could’ve told Kanon what he wanted to hear and he’d be at Purdue right now.  Unless you think they’re lying about that too. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Never said we dodged a bullet.  Things could’ve worked out really well for him at Purdue for all we know.  Brian said multiple times that Painter and staff could’ve told Kanon what he wanted to hear and he’d be at Purdue right now.  Unless you think they’re lying about that too. 

Thread on GBI:

We dodged a bullet on Catchings

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Thread on GBI:

We dodged a bullet on Catchings

It's nonsensical really. Most Purdue fans have been able to talk themselves out of losing Catchings solely due to the character assassination hit piece drummed up by Neubert which hints that he has mental health issues and demanded playing time or else he was transferring. That's what the Catchings family is upset about, that's not how this played out.  

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

It's nonsensical really. Most Purdue fans have been able to talk themselves out of losing Catchings solely due to the character assassination hit piece drummed up by Neubert which hints that he has mental health issues and demanded playing time or else he was transferring. That's what the Catchings family is upset about, that's not how this played out.  

If you’re so confident in your intel, why not question Brian on our board?  

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If you’re so confident in your intel, why not question Brian on our board?  

Also, you do realize Neubert has completely flopped on his original story correct? He came on local Indy radio Tuesday morning and basically said that Catchings was starting to get cold feet again after his high school coach was hired at BYU and had been in his ear. The whole idea that Catchings demanded guaranteed playing time or else he was leaving 24 hours prior to his scheduled arrival was completely fabricated.....OR at least that's what was told to him by his source within the basketball program to immediately cement the narrative. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Also, you do realize Neubert has completely flopped on his original story correct? He came on local Indy radio Tuesday morning and basically said that Catchings was starting to get cold feet again after his high school coach was hired at BYU and had been in his ear. The whole idea that Catchings demanded guaranteed playing time or else he was leaving 24 hours prior to his scheduled arrival was completely fabricated.....OR at least that's what was told to him by his source within the basketball program to immediately cement the narrative. 

For a non-Purdue fan, you sure seem to care an awful lot what Brian says and does.  He said he’d be very surprised if he went to BYU.  For someone so sure, you’d think you’d want to correct Brian and let him know he has bad information.  But my guess is you’re too worried and would prefer to keep hiding behind a username.  But I’m sure Brian is thankful that you pay to read his content. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

For a non-Purdue fan, you sure seem to care an awful lot what Brian says and does.  He said he’d be very surprised if he went to BYU.  For someone so sure, you’d think you’d want to correct Brian and let him know he has bad information.  But my guess is you’re too worried and would prefer to keep hiding behind a username.  

I don't really give a rats a** what Brian Neubert says or does, but I will call out horses*** reporting when I see it and I don't care what publication it comes from. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Nothing better than coming to an IU board and seeing a Pursue fan on here arguing about a Purdue recruit. What was bad was he was here the other night at 1am when nobody else was in here

Damn dude you stalking me? Didn’t realize you were keeping such close tabs on me. 

• Haha 1