2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to BYU

btownqb

• KDB changed the title to 2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue
  • 5 months later...

As much as this tickles me, it's likely a mistake for him, especially at this point in the cycle.  He would have been smarter and looked more mature if he went in and gave max effort then hit the portal after the season if it wasn't working.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

As much as this tickles me, it's likely a mistake for him, especially at this point in the cycle.  He would have been smarter and looked more mature if he went in and gave max effort then hit the portal after the season if it wasn't working.

Yea very odd and seems like bad timing with rosters pretty much set everywhere 

31 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I’d say him being a kid and the supposed pressure from his camp took awhile. His heart wasn’t totally in. I blame his camp for pushing him in the direction he didn’t want. I think being at prep school has shown he can be his own man. 

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2024 F Kanon Catchings Decommits from Purdue
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

You’re not wrong but there’s more at play here.  Just hope everything works out for him in all aspects of his life. 

I’m curious what happened. There was a lot of talk about him wanted to decommit a while ago but his family pushed him to stay. What happened that his family was fine with backing out when the timing was worse for everyone involved?

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m curious what happened. There was a lot of talk about him wanted to decommit a while ago but his family pushed him to stay. What happened that his family was fine with backing out when the timing was worse for everyone involved?

Could be he’s 18 now and wasn’t then?  His parents can’t make that call now that he’s an adult. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Could be he’s 18 now and wasn’t then?  His parents can’t make that call now that he’s an adult. 

That’s a really big factor I hadn’t thought of. There’s a good chance that is at least part of it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Purdue didn’t hold up there end on NIL that they told him he’d get. They also had said all along that the offense wasn’t going to be as post oriented without Edey but that’s not changing either. Those two concerns are why the decommit rumors started a few months back. Purdue reassured they’d be fine but when he got to campus this last weekend. Things didn’t seem to be holding up to what was said. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Purdue didn’t hold up there end on NIL that they told him he’d get. They also had said all along that the offense wasn’t going to be as post oriented without Edey but that’s not changing either. Those two concerns are why the decommit rumors started a few months back. Purdue reassured they’d be fine but when he got to campus this last weekend. Things didn’t seem to be holding up to what was said. 

I'd think one reputation you definitely want to avoid at all costs in this day and age, is that of a program who welches on its NIL promises...

Word gets around fast...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah that’s not at all what happened lol. Not even close.