Transfers with IU Interest

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I agree. I watched him play in the semi-state versus our Jennings County team. That one game I saw of him, he seemed pretty raw still and a little unimpressive. It could have been this one game, I don't know. He has D 1 talent, but JMO, I too don't think he appears ready for BIGTEN yet.

Kristian Lander says hello...

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There are many examples that went significantly better than KLs. Reclassifying, overall, has been a good thing for individuals that decide to go that route. 

I think many and I'm speaking for myself, thought that KL was going to play, at least come off the bench and help improve our team. 

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I think many and I'm speaking for myself, thought that KL was going to play, at least come off the bench and help improve our team. 

Reclassifying is a good option for plenty of ppl and we shouldn't view Kanon in the same light as Lander. Not sure why we continuously do that with many of our guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Reclassifying is a good option for plenty of ppl and we shouldn't view Kanon in the same light as Lander. Not sure why we continuously do that with many of our guys. 

Lander, being a point guard or like a quarterback to football, puts added pressure and expectations on that one position. JMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Possibly El Ellis and Cormac Ryan other than that I'm not sure. 

El Ellis is the guy that I have been really intrigued by. Like I said earlier we as fans only know what we hear as fans. There could be multiple/mutual interests between IU and players. Our coaches are just keeping it close to the vest. You would think we are at reaching out and least kicking the tires.... 

24 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

So if knecht is a no go, what guards look like the most likely backup plan?

I think you go directly to matthew cleveland.  FSU wing that just entered the portal.  give him everything you were going to give to knecht, add 20%.  I honestly believe that Woodson isn't messing around, at all.  he came to indiana to win national championships, as he stated at his presser.  He's going to go get the best guys he can possibly get, swing and miss on a few, but he's going after exactly what he needs to win championships.  get dudes, win championships. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

I think you go directly to matthew cleveland.  FSU wing that just entered the portal.  give him everything you were going to give to knecht, add 20%.  I honestly believe that Woodson isn't messing around, at all.  he came to indiana to win national championships, as he stated at his presser.  He's going to go get the best guys he can possibly get, swing and miss on a few, but he's going after exactly what he needs to win championships.  get dudes, win championships. 

Absolutely. I'd take Cleveland in a heart beat. He had 20p 6r against Purdue. He isn't a perfect fit, imo, like Knecht seems like he would be... but too talented to pass up. 

• Like 6