Transfers with IU Interest

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If we’re making guard play a priority, to date, do you think the staff is doing a good job of getting official visits from shooters/guards? Again, I would rather go a different route. You are ok with the move. That’s fine…but it’s OK for others to ask questions. 

It's just a weird initial reaction to adding a dude/or potentially adding a dude to a spot we need.  

From Thedailyhoosier.com article

For his career Walker has averaged 15 minutes per game and 13.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per 40.

Walker is a career 42 percent shooter overall, including 51 percent from two and 21 percent from three.  He shoots 66 percent from the free throw line.

38 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I don’t understand this. We need all the shooters we can get. Where are the shot creators? Our front court is set with Reneau/Ware and Sparks. Love that X is back…but we need more guard play/shot making ability.

You can't go into the season with just 3 big men. You know IU basketball and the injury history of this program.  I always thought with the 3 openings left 1 would go to another big and the other 2 would be a guards or wings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

He averaged under 3 points per game last season. 

Seems like we can judge him off that.

from dailyhoosier.com article
For his career Walker has averaged 15 minutes per game and 13.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per 40.

Walker is a career 42 percent shooter overall, including 51 percent from two and 21 percent from three.  He shoots 66 percent from the free throw line.

Same article 

Walker was a three-star recruit in the Class of 2019 and the No. 176 overall player in the class according to the On3 Industry Ranking. He played his final year of prep basketball at Brewster (NH) Academy.  He originally attended Perry Hall H.S. in Baltimore County and won MPSSAA 4A state titles in 2017 and 2018.  He did not take up competitive basketball until he was 15.

Walker committed to Miami over Kansas, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall and VCU.

For those on twitter... @trillydonavan had this about 6 days ago. Whoever he or she is seems dialed in on a lot of programs but the only one that said Walker to IU interest last Friday.

Athletic big/wing/4 whatever you want to call it. We have 3 spots. Would gladly take him for reinforcements down low and use the other 2 ships for guys who won't go to NBA but entered portal and be done with it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I don’t understand this. We need all the shooters we can get. Where are the shot creators? Our front court is set with Reneau/Ware and Sparks. Love that X is back…but we need more guard play/shot making ability.

How many times during the last two seasons have you sat and watched an IU game against one of the Murray's from Iowa or Hall from MSU, or Battle from Minnesota (now OSU), or the Penn State games, and thought man if we only had someone quick and athletic enough to guard this guy, we would be so much better off. Race/JG could not stay with them on the perimeter consistently. Our smaller quicker guys would get taken advantage of in the post or when it came time to rebound. This is the type of athletic forward I have seen many fans ask for. 

Looking at his per 40 stats from his best season (3 seasons ago) compared to the best season from JG (last year) 

Walker: 26.4 mpg / 15 ppg / 7 rpg / 2 apg / 1 spg / 1 bpg

JG: 12.6 mpg / 14 ppg / 11 rpg / 1 apg / 1 spg / 2 bpg

All we are trying to do is replace production and not Race's, that falls on Malik as the starter. If we can get consistency from the backup 4 (if it is Walker or someone else) that raises this teams ceiling no doubt. 

Edited by Beamerball
  • Like 8

31 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Starting to get the feeling you'd defend Woodson if he offered the best player in the FIJI house. Stop getting defensive when anyone questions what the staff does or doesn't do. 

First of all... don't tell me what to do. 

Second of all... I asked a question to someone, that wasn't you. Why are you quoting me? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

Didn't mean to interrupt your safe space. 

As you usual... you can't converse without attempting to make it personal. 

This is a sports forum man. I just want to talk sports, you've been blocked for a month... look elsewhere to entertain yourself, it's not coming from me.

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Just my opinion.

We need scoring and he's not it. 

If he wants to be a depth piece at the end of the bench, then sure I guess we take him. 

I think that is what he'd be. 9th/10th type guy. I liked that his best two qualities were two qualities that the other 3 didn't really possess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe after playing the game the majority of my younger years I’m still basketball illiterate but I see a desperate need for a high volume scorer. Not just a spot shooter but a decent transition shooter that can drop 5-6 threes fairly consistent. 

I also wouldn’t be all that upset with someone that has the skill set and mind-fullness to read and create on his own.  I love love love the midrange shooter that can also attack the rim with force.

Give me two more ice in the vein type guys quickly please.

Btw. I’m completely not up to date on this thread and just stopped by to check the last page for the latest.

DA4C798D-8B33-43C2-9FAF-9716E8106C3E.gif

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

As you usual... you can't converse without attempting to make it personal. 

This is a sports forum man. I just want to talk sports, you've been blocked for a month... look elsewhere to entertain yourself, it's not coming from me.

I have put him on ignore for good and if everyone did he would disappear

For me when it comes to roster decisions in recruiting or like the NFL draft that starts tonight. We as fans will have guys we hope we get and ones we don't want. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what fans want.

We as fans only have two logical choices

1) If your not Happy then stop supporting the team and stop watching. 

2) support your team and the players and back everyone. 

We see to many people choose another path which is irritating because they choose to stay and bitch and moan.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Just my opinion.

We need scoring and he's not it. 

If he wants to be a depth piece at the end of the bench, then sure I guess we take him. 

I doubt he is being told he would come in and start

5- Ware/Sparks 

4- Reneau/Walker 

A lot of people have complained that Woodson doesn't play enough players in his rotation and play guys to many minutes. I am not one of those people but if need quality depth to be able to expand your rotation.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have out him on ignore for good and if everyone did he would disappear

For me when it comes to roster decisions in recruiting or like the NFL draft that starts tonight. We as fans will have guys we hope we get and ones we don't want. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what fans want.

We as fans only have two logical choices

1) If your not Happy then stop supporting the team and stop watching. 

2) support your team and the players and back everyone. 

We see to many people choose another path which is irritating because they choose to stay and butch and moan.

Scott, that's enough. This is a warning. @IndyResident16 has been a member for a long time and has every right to post his views. 

Stop, for the last time, telling or asking people to disappear.

Guys, we are acting like kids. Debate, be passionate....but come on already.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Scott, that's enough. This is a warning. @IndyResident16 has been a member for a long time and has every right to post his views. 

Stop, for the last time, telling or asking people to disappear.

Guys, we are acting like kids. Debate, be passionate....but come on already.  

I never mentioned him one time in this post, lighten up. There are others like him but you didn't assume I was talking them.

I have also seen how letting people like that keep posting this negativity will lead to a lot of long time posters to leave.  Just look over at Rivals where a few years ago it was thriving but a lot of us has left. It is because of posters who just wouldn't ever post one positive thing about the team.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Confused 1

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Enough. You have been a great member for way way too long to play this game my man. Be better, you are better.

Just saying it is a thin line on how these kind of post effects the whole board. I added to my last post but these kind of post will lead to long time posters to leave.  It happened over at Rivals a few years ago.

• Like 1