Transfers with IU Interest

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Knecht zoom tonight, Ledlum tomorrow through Saturday, Ware visiting tomorrow per "The Hoosier Daily"? and DeLoach visit next week?  Def will be interesting couple of days

Per another site, DeLoach is not top of the list right now. My guess is he isn't an immediate take while they see how other things shake out. If he commits somewhere else, oh well. 

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Ware also has the ability to shoot the 3 which could be paired really well with Reneau.

Posting those stats wasn't a knock at all... 

If he kept playing 23mpg--- 9p 5r 1.5b is a GOOD avg for his age/ability/strength/development. I am confused why his mins were cut in half. 

2 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

You would have thought the world was ending just the other day since things didn’t go as planned with Love. Thanks for the info

From 2 IU radio guys, the best we were with Love is we threw our hat in the ring. He was never coming here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Ware also has the ability to shoot the 3 which could be paired really well with Reneau.

He can, but his % isn't great (27%).

When you watch him play, the talent and upside are so apparent.

Altman saying he was disappointed in the kids effort isn't much different than Woody saying Reneau needed to learn to "player harder."

And I'd say at about the midway portion of the Big 10 schedule we saw that bear fruit... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

If he kept playing 23mpg--- 9p 5r 1.5b is a GOOD avg for his age/ability/strength/development. I am confused why his mins were cut in half. 

I get that. I was just stating another skill that he has that would be beneficial. I’m not sure why his minutes went down either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Altman saying he was disappointed in the kids effort isn't much different than Woody saying Reneau needed to learn to "player harder."

And I'd say at about the midway portion of the Big 10 schedule we saw that bear fruit... 

It wasn’t great but 27% could be improved and he had a higher percentage than TJD. That 27% is enough that teams would at least have to come out and guard him a little bit on the perimeter to help stretch the defense.

• Like 3

He's 5% away from being a very solid 3pt shooter for a 7'1 rim protector, though. That is equivalent to 3 more made 3s this season. 

15/55= 27%

18/55= 32.5%

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I get that. I was just stating another skill that he has that would be beneficial. I’m not sure why his minutes went down either.

From his former coach 

“We’ve had a lot of conversations,” Altman said. “They haven’t gone as well and haven’t been as constructive as we want them to be. I was disappointed in his effort. I let him know that. He’s gonna have to make some adjustments or I’ve got to make some decisions. His time has been reduced. That doesn’t help us, because he is talented.”

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It wasn’t great but 27% could be improved and he had a higher percentage than TJD. That 27% is enough that teams would at least have to come out and guard him a little bit on the perimeter to help stretch the defense.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's 5% away from being a very solid 3pt shooter for a 7'1 rim protector, though. That is equivalent to 3 more made 3s this season. 

15/55= 27%

18/55= 32.5%

I agree, but improving his % is gonna take time in the gym... If he gives that, sky's the limit...

And I agree @btownqb, it at least make the defense think about it... 

• Like 2

From his former coach 

“We’ve had a lot of conversations,” Altman said. “They haven’t gone as well and haven’t been as constructive as we want them to be. I was disappointed in his effort. I let him know that. He’s gonna have to make some adjustments or I’ve got to make some decisions. His time has been reduced. That doesn’t help us, because he is talented.”

I think it's good that Altman sat Ware down and had these conversations. I fully believe CMW would do the same thing.

Perhaps, and maybe to IU's advantage, it simply comes down to fit and trust. The way TJD embraced Woodson when he came on board was huge. There could be similar connections on a personal level that ultimately translate to on-court success. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From his former coach 

Woody will demand effort or he won't play here either. A fresh start could be good for the kid.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m not a Deloach fan. I’m just going off him not being a shooter and poor at the line. However , I really like Dalton, Ware, and Ledlum. Battle would be a nice get if one of these falls through.

He’s a backup option that’s got a connection to Yasir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2