Transfers with IU Interest

9 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Not sure how I feel about that. Tons of talent, but he would have to be ridiculously reigned in.  

Yep, I hear ya there. My position is I don’t think our roster is anywhere near good enough to turn down such talent. Bring him on. This could turn out to be the gritty roster that we need.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

But maybe you could offer a free HSN+ subscription to sway things? I hear it's the new premium streaming network with live feeds of @IU Scott rewatching IU vs Iowa in '85 and @Steubenhoosierranting about his hatred of all things Purdue.

I wouldn't watch anything from the 85 season, that was a brutal season. Actually watched the 1987 final four game against UNLV yesterday 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Yep, I hear ya there. My position is I don’t think our roster is anywhere near good enough to turn down such talent. Bring him on. This could turn out to be the gritty roster that we need.

Exactly. He was the 2nd leading scorer on a team that was 3 points away from a national championship. Were no where near turning that down.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Woodson coached JR Smith. 

Caleb Love fits really well with XJ, TG, Sparks, Cupps, and (Shedrick 🙏)

Great point.  Woodson seems to get the best out of certain guys that other coaches had trouble coaching.  Smith, X, Carmelo Anthony…

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Woodson coached JR Smith. 

Caleb Love fits really well with XJ, TG, Sparks, Cupps, and (Shedrick 🙏)

Still need three point shooting, ideally in the form of a 3 and D wing.

But that's also why I prefer Keshon Gilbert to Love. He gives you the 3s and the D, while still providing much of the benefits of Love.

• Like 3

I fully trust Woodson on this stuff, so if he thinks he can maximize Caleb Love's talent then it would be a huge transfer portal win. 

With that said I mentioned yesterday that I have a bunch of buddies that are UNC fans. I saw one last night and asked him his thoughts on Love leaving UNC. 

He said, "I wanted to pop open a bottle of champagne when I saw the news!" He was literally giddy that Love was leaving. 

• Like 5